PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin:Patriots Brandon Meriweather Allegedly involved in shooting of two men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems awfully sketchy to me. But useful for getting the anti-Meriweather brigade to their usual fever pitch.

Heres my problem with this, the guys that are saying this are guys he went to high school with, sorry Brandon but WHY ARE YOU HANGING AROUND WITH THESE GUYS?! He may not have done it but its still a dumb decision to be there, and lets be honest, it's not the first dumb thing this guy has done. It's not the first time he's been alleged to be involved in a shooting. It's just stupid!

I wanted to trade him and mankins for dallas #2 and was told I was a stinker bum for wanting to do so. After all they are "pro bowl" players. getting rid of stomper (who is the real stinker) is addition by subtraction.

Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

Bye, bye Brandon, coming into a contract year with his salary hitting escalators i bet we were looking to get rid oh him anyway

Lets get Weddle in FA or draft someone like Dowling and make do with Chung, Sanders and Page

Gee, Ol' DW Toys mentioned Weddle and I got torched. In my two mocks I have him and Sanders both gone........30th in passing yards against does not register as a negative on this site. Perhaps some feel it was a misprint. We have an undying love for these two guys as fans (at least some do) and we go on the premise that BB loves them like his own sons. How many time have we all listened to BB speak volumes of praise on a player and then cut him the next day? Seems I heard the songs of praise from BB about a certain RB who could be Merriweathers jail mate. BB said he was in the Teams plans.......See ya!

Yes I saw BB very happy with Sanders on the INT in the Colts game. I was happy too. Anyone want to dissect the season for our safeties?.......No? This isn't about Sanders though. He is a clean young man, intelligent and I respect him for that. If you could give him Merrieathers talent you might have something.

I remember there was some controversy about Merriweather around the Draft about BM and some of you Cousins can you recall Myra Kraft was concerned about this guys thugness?
Does anyone recall or have a link?
DW Toys

If this is true, wow. My mind already raced back to the Deion Branch trade. I loved Branch, and yet I thought it was utterly fantastic at the time that the Patriots managed a 1st rounder in that whole charade. Let this be a lesson then that trading top notch players for draft picks + oodles of cap space (while it seems like a no brainer even now) it doesn't always end for the best. A 1st rounder + $7 million in cap space? How can you turn that down? And then you fast forward 5 years later.

Seems awfully sketchy to me. But useful for getting the anti-Meriweather brigade to their usual fever pitch.

I'm generally happy with what Meriweather has done for us on the field, but in terms of leadership, focus, character, dedication or any of those intangibles, it doesn't seem Meriweather brings much to the table.

I'm guessing Meriweather's name will be cleared in this incident, for the most part, but like with Roesthlisberger and the case in Georgia - but to a lesser degree since the act in question is less heinous than Big Ben's - he is probably guilty of putting himself in a bad situation. He needs to grow up, be a professional and avoid surrounding himself with people from his past that get into trouble. It's a problem a lot of athletes face these days.

Last edited:
I'm generally happy with what Meriweather has done for us on the field, but in terms of leadership, focus, character, dedication or any of those intangibles, it doesn't seem Meriweather brings much to the table.

I'm guessing Meriweather's name will be cleared in this incident, for the most part, but like with Roesthlisberger and the case in Georgia - but to a lesser degree since the act in question is less heinous than Big Ben's - he is probably guilty of putting himself in a bad situation.

I doubt anything comes of this considering the incident happened on 02/27 and we're just hearing about it now, but how do you figure shooting a gun at people's heads is less heinous than rape? I mean they're both awful, but I can only assume the intent of one is to kill.

Last edited:
I wanted to trade him and mankins for dallas #2 and was told I was a stinker bum for wanting to do so. After all they are "pro bowl" players. getting rid of stomper (who is the real stinker) is addition by subtraction.

Had a similar idea and I was told to "report to the looney bin" by the professional posters who know it all on the site. I wanted to swap some picks as in give them a first and see if we could pry Ware away with those two brain surgeons Mr. Mankins (who for some reason still stays with a agent that cost him seven million dollars and even if he shoots his way out of town will NEVER recover that. Boy is that smart!......Opps...Shoots he was was a faux pas), and then there is Brandon "Quick Draw" Merriweather. I ought to sue Merriweather for screwing up my post.

DW Toys

BM.jpg

Last edited:

per PFT, there is speculation that Meriweather could pursue legal action against the lawyer or accusors.

If he's innocent, I'm very sure the Anti-Meriweather Brigade will be on this thread apologizing about rushing to judgement.

Jack, I have to agree with you. I for one hope it is BS. But he needs to remove himself from this scum. I think Brandon "Dirty Merri" Merriweather is a decent player. No one was seriously injured thank God but it has a twinge of twisted gallows humor. Brandon "I know what you're thinking: “Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Merriweather. It is a statement of the absolute stupidity that some multi-million dollar athletes get into with their posse*. Wait until Teams have to deal with Cam Newtons gang.

I am not anti-Merriweather. I think prior to this incident that perhaps...please note perhaps.....this year might be the time to get what you can for the kid before his agent pounds on his chest and states that he was Merriweather "paid the highest of all at his position" like the crap we are going through with Bauer (not you,..Frank).
DW Toys

*Posse= Out of work thugs, mercenary distant relatives who never before gave a crap about you, or modern day hobos who leach to their targets to support their own life style at the expense both financially, morally and socially of said target. Friendship is offered for the promise of good times and the inevitable "watch your back" offering which usually results in said target locating an attorney to erase, remove or reduce the many missteps that will eventually be repeated upon many occasions and more than likely in front of a booking Sargent. Chances are they will not attend church or temple with you.
Note: In the case of Charlie Sheen it was his "godesses"

Last edited:
per PFT, there is speculation that Meriweather could pursue legal action against the lawyer or accusors.

If he's innocent, I'm very sure the Anti-Meriweather Brigade will be on this thread apologizing about rushing to judgement.

I hope you are right. His biggest crime is the stupidity of being within five miles of the alleged incident. I like the kids play but you can't cure stupid.

If you could do a head (and heart...I will give you that) transplant with Sanders you would have a great player
DW Toys

Too bad, it doesnt look like he is a suspect now.

I doubt anything comes of this considering the incident happened on 02/27 and we're just hearing about it now, but how do you figure shooting a gun at people's heads is less heinous than rape? I mean they're both awful, but I can only assume the intent of one is to kill.

I don't want to derail the thread, but in the Meriweather scenario, it's something we've seen before: you have a fight and some tough guy has a gun on him and shots get fired. Not to be flippant, but it happens. Not saying it makes it less of a crime, but it's not premeditated, it's usually some idiot running on instinct with some mob mentality thrown in. It's hard to tell if the intent is to kill or frighten or what. In this specific case, we don't know enough. Either way, it's just a different dynamic.

As for Roethlisberger, there really isn't anything more heinous than rape as far as I'm concerned, and per the details of that night's event, he - whether the AG thought they could convict him or not - most likely committed the act.

Last edited:
Those damn kids these days. With their hippidy hop music and their baseball caps on backwards. Wearing voodoo rags with their underpants hanging out of their dungarees. Of course they shoot at eachother. In my day that was called respecting America!

Last edited:
Jack, I have to agree with you. I for one hope it is BS.

SMY has tweeted that this story smells funny. I agree. Brandon is the opposite of teflon so everyone throws stuff at him.

Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

1st round picks arent supposed to be ******s.

Everytime you turned around this dope was getting benched for something. Its no surprise that he couldnt heed advice to stay out of trouble.

Ever heard of Ryan Leaf? How about R.Jay Soward, David Terrell, William Green, Vernon Gholston, Jamal Reynolds, Wendell Bryant, Jon Sullivan, Peter Warrick, Charles Rodgers, JaMarcus Russell?

In any case the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said "that Brandon Meriweather is not a victim, nor a person of interest in any shooting."

It does seem like a lot of people are jumping the gun (no pun intended) here. This has all the elements of an internet rumor with very little in the way of factual information or at least verified info. His presumed guilt or innocence seems to be largely subject to his perceived abilities as a safety which really has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It could be a while before the truth of what happened comes out, once the rumor mill gets going everybody will have their own facts but I'll wait until the Florida law enforcement officials release the results of their investigations to see what is credible and what isn't. For the record, I think Brandon is an adequate to above average safety, certainly no Rodney Harrison, but he makes big plays along with the occasional brainfart.

It does seem like a lot of people are jumping the gun (no pun intended) here. This has all the elements of an internet rumor with very little in the way of factual information or at least verified info. His presumed guilt or innocence seems to be largely subject to his perceived abilities as a safety which really has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It could be a while before the truth of what happened comes out, once the rumor mill gets going everybody will have their own facts but I'll wait until the Florida law enforcement officials release the results of their investigations to see what is credible and what isn't. For the record, I think Brandon is an adequate to above average safety, certainly no Rodney Harrison, but he makes big plays along with the occasional brainfart.

Very well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes