PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin:Patriots Brandon Meriweather Allegedly involved in shooting of two men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

Well if true at least he hit 2 more people than he did in the playoff game against the jets..:D Seriously, typical athlete thugs now that we have in all sports... ruins the name for good people like kevin faulk , Brady , Vince Wilfork...

Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

Very interesting sequence of events, outcome should be interestng..

Well that certainly screws up the Patriots draft plans to say nothing of the mocks. And I suspect that Patriots were not actively scouting safeties...

Since this is bad news for the Patriots you can count on Callahan talking about it and Felger will be insufferable and strutting around like a rooster after all his ragging on Brandon last year.

Gotta love those Hurricanes

Last edited:

Meri is as big a winner off the field as he is on. :rolleyes:

Still lots to hear about this story I'm sure. But if it's true, we're talking about some seriously awful decision-making.

Not just the shooting, but even bringing the gun to a party. And what the heck is with his friend beating up a girl? Why are you even hanging out with guys like this Brandon?

I have so many questions for Meriweather. But mostly I want to smack him upside the head.

Well that certainly screws up the Patriots draft plans to say nothing of the mocks. And I suspect that Patriots were not actively scouting safeties...

Doubt it changes much. It may speed up his departure by a season but Meriweather wasn't in the long term plans before this incident.

Note to self, draft at least one safety in the draft :).

If he did hit someone in the head, do you think he might get another helmet to helmet fine? :rolleyes:

If you go back through the thread, ctpatsfan77 was kind and resourceful enough to post a link from the local Florida newspaper--before anyone realized that it was an NFL player. The article explains what happened a little better, and goes into detail how the guys shot refuse to name anyone--although apparently they don't need to b/c their lawyer already did!!

here's the link again. The whole thing is weird after reading this
2 Shot, Show Up At Apopka Hospital - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Slightly more legit source. Tom Curran.

Report: Meriweather involved in shooting

Wrong.

Curran isn't a "source".

He's just reporting the old news that Deadspin has a report on it.

In the meantime, where there's smoke there's fire, and Merriwether has been a veritable chimney since before he got here.

If only this particular story (whether or not it is true) got out AFTER we could have traded him at his value apex (2010 season Pro-Bowler (yeah right)........ Would've been nice to get value in a trade in return for him. He's a knucklehead. After this year his rookie contract will be up, he'll have a big head about the Pro-Bowl and will have delusions of grandeur.

If this is true, it gives the term "headhunting" a whole new meaning for BM.

I honestly didn't expect that Meriweather was long for the Patriots after his many missteps last year. He is just too stupid and continues to get disciplined for it. All Pro selections notwithstanding, I would assume that BB needs someone smarter on the field at that position.

I honestly didn't expect that Meriweather was long for the Patriots after his many missteps last year. He is just too stupid and continues to get disciplined for it. All Pro selections notwithstanding, I would assume that BB needs someone smarter on the field at that position.

Which is precisely why that Pro-Bowl selection a few months ago was so wonderful at the time for the organization......and why the timing of this INEVITABLE story (whether or not it's true, he hangs with the wrong people and goes to the wrong places) is so tragic for the Patriots.

They could have unloaded that idiot for some real value in return.

Last edited:

could this be why Jarrad Page got a 2th round tender ?

This site looks like it isnt very reliable. Especially since you know ESPN or some other outlet would have saw this and put it all over the news, and then Goddell would have taken the next 35 first rounders away from us so we never have another bad apple first rounder again.

Wow, what an idiot(if this is true anyways). I wonder what BB will do. Willie Andrews got caught for pot I think and they cut him. Faulk did too though and they kept him.

Last edited:

Ya know -- on reading that news report, it's not clear anybody is alleging Meriweather did something criminal. The allegations are:

1. A friend of Meriweather's did something criminal.
2. In retaliation, somebody else committed assault and battery on the friend.
3. Meriweather acted in defense of his friend.

Oh, I imagine best case for him is a one-game suspension for obviously not having spent enough time practicing at Matt Light's shooting range. But he may not really be guilty of anything more than being an immature punk with bad taste in friends.

His friend got into a fist fight. No need to pull a gat and pop off two shots...

Or maybe that was assault actually on Willie Andrews.

When did the N.E. Patriots morph into the Bengals?

Bye, bye Brandon, coming into a contract year with his salary hitting escalators i bet we were looking to get rid oh him anyway

Lets get Weddle in FA or draft someone like Dowling and make do with Chung, Sanders and Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft