PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dead Horse Brutality Continues-Troy Brown Fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mooch said:
Much like the fumble through the end zone, that call could have gone either way.

Odd isn't that in a weekend full of questionable calls and non-calls no one has mentioned (nor can I think of) one in the Pats/Bronc game that went the Pats way. Just wasn't their day I guess. ;);)

bort said:
I dunno, it kinda looks like Devoe actually hit the ball before it hit the ground.

Watch the end of the tape, on the close up, it shows

1. The ball bounces off his chest, and goes forward

2. He attempts to recatch the ball, but he cannot wrap his hands around the ball

3. The ball falls away from his hands

4. That is when contact is made, at virtually the same time he loses contact with the ball and his hands is when Devoe's left arm makes contact with Brown's left arm as he wraps him up.

The ball was out, no interference. End of discussion on Brown.

Question - According to your rule, If I am a PR, can I just keep bobbling the ball as I walk forward towards the endzone and then catch it once I get there??

Last edited:
Bronco Freak said:

2. He attempts to recatch the ball, but he cannot wrap his hands around the ball

4. That is when contact is made, at virtually the same time he loses contact with the ball and his hands is when Devoe's left arm makes contact with Brown's left arm as he wraps him up.

Whether he is bobbling it or not, as long as the ball has not hit the ground, it is fair catch interference.

In the SD Pitt game, the ball had actually bounced a ways away from the player receiving the punt. He was never going to get to it. But because the Steelers interfered with him and didn't give him a chance to get it before it hit the ground, SD was awarded the fair catch and 15 yards.

bort said:
I dunno, it kinda looks like Devoe actually hit the ball before it hit the ground.

Question - According to your rule, If I am a PR, can I just keep bobbling the ball as I walk forward towards the endzone and then catch it once I get there??

Huh, I didn't even notice that when it happened. That's an easy call to blow, though.

Johnny Mac said:
Huh, I didn't even notice that when it happened. That's an easy call to blow, though.

I didn't notice it either.

Bronco Freak is a moron who doesn't know the rule

the receiver has the right to attempt to catch the ball WITHOUT ANY INTEFERENCE until IT HITS THE GROUND.

The ball was still in the air, nitwit....God you're a stupid buffalo nuts chewing mongoloid

Bronco Freak said:
I dont think his hand touched his back in that picture.

Are you honestly going to say that in the picture I posted, you do not think any contact is being made?

And you also don't think he is being interfered with?

Last edited:
Hell, in that picture, I think there legs are touching as well!

sarge said:
Are you honestly going to say that in the picture I posted, you do not think any contact is being made?

And you also don't think he is being interfered with?

No, in that picture he did not make contact, watch the video. The still makes it look like he touched his back, but Devoe has his arms open WIDE, he does not touch him with his right arm until the ball is out.

Joker - your wrong about everything, watch the video, the ball actually was sliding down Browns leg a split second before it touches the ground, when Devoe's left arm initially touched him.

Bottomline folks - Devoe's contact had NOTHING to do with the FUMBLE.

No one answered my question.

I also asked an couple impartial fans in the office, they said that it was NOT interference, but if anything the HALO rule is what was violated. For fair catch interference its not about CONTACT.

Do you really think they are gonna call a Halo violation, when the violator has nothing to do with a fumble, and is standing BEHIND the PR. Never.

Bronco Freak said:
No, in that picture he did not make contact, watch the video. The still makes it look like he touched his back, but Devoe has his arms open WIDE, he does not touch him with his right arm until the ball is out.

Joker - your wrong about everything, watch the video, the ball actually was sliding down Browns leg a split second before it touches the ground, when Devoe's left arm initially touched him.

I also asked an couple impartial fans in the office, they said that it was NOT interference, but if anything the HALO rule is what was violated. For fair catch interference its not about CONTACT.

Do you really think they are gonna call a Halo violation, when the violator has nothing to do with a fumble, and is standing BEHIND the PR. Never.

First off, in the still he clearly is making contact. Hell, they look like they are trying to concieve children!

Secondly, Devoe had nothing to do with the bobble. But he interfered with Brown prior to the ball hitting the ground.

Bronco Freak said:

All your impartial fans would have been wrong. The contact doesn't have to cause the fumble. That totally misses the point.

As far as if he can bobble it all the way to the endzone, If I remember correctly, the ball will be spotted where he first makes contact with it.

So basically, he can start bobbling it at the 20, make it all the way to the endzone and gain control. The ball will still be spotted at the 20.

sarge said:
As far as if he can bobble it all the way to the endzone, If I remember correctly, the ball will be spotted where he first makes contact with it.

So basically, he can start bobbling it at the 20, make it all the way to the endzone and gain control. The ball will still be spotted at the 20.

That's what I thought, I always wanted to bobble/juggle/catch a fly ball in the outfield, with men on 1st and second, and walk it into the infield for a triple play. Anyway, that STILL PHOTO is inaccurate, you gotta watch the video. His right hand does not touch him it is merely between the camera and Browns back, but not in contact.

It doesn't matter, I'm not sure, but to me it could have been a halo violation.

But again, the refs will not call a halo violation when the violator has nothing to do with interfering with the catch.

Bronco Freak would argue the sun isn't shining at 12 noon on July 4th with a cloudless blue sky

Pats_Bryan said:
All your impartial fans would have been wrong. The contact doesn't have to cause the fumble. That totally misses the point.

Exactly. Whether or not he actually causes the fumble is irrelevant. What is is whether or not he makes contact with the ball or Brown prior to the ball hitting the ground.

And he clearly does.

Also, you keep saying he is behind Brown. That is not true. Look at the picture again. Relative to Brown, he is at his side, slightly to the back and is reaching in for the ball (I admit the picture does not show the reach in, but his body position and the position of his shoulder clearly implies it)

Bronco Freak said:
Anyway, that STILL PHOTO is inaccurate,

The still photo is actually taken from the NFL films internet recap. So it is a frame from the video.

How can the video be accurate, but somehow the frames that are actually being displayed are not?

sarge said:
Exactly. Whether or not he actually causes the fumble is irrelevant.

Agreed, because he didn't.

He does not make contact with Brown until the ball is out. Go to the video. That still picture is from an angle anyway, it misrepresents what happened, at the end of the video, they show it in slow mo, and the ball leaves browns hands, and actually slides down his leg to the ground, that is when Devoes open arms first close around and make contact with Brown.

WATCH THE VIDEO

Anyway, it was probably a HALO violation, that the ref would never call because Devoe was behind the PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes