Dead Horse Brutality Continues-Troy Brown Fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• FairCatchInterference.jpg
    FairCatchInterference.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
That pic was prior to the ball hitting the ground.

So yes, it was obviously fair catch interference.

Had he not interfered, Brown may not have let it hit the ground!

Now I am really pissed!

No doubt the Pats gave the Broncos every oportunity, but pretty much 24 points by the broncos were all a result of bad calls!

sarge said:
That pic was prior to the ball hitting the ground.

So yes, it was obviously fair catch interference.

Had he not interfered, Brown may not have let it hit the ground!

Now I am really pissed!

No doubt the Pats gave the Broncos every oportunity, but pretty much 24 points by the broncos were all a result of bad calls!

I remember Mike Pereira earlier this year saying the fair catch allows the player to attempt to recover the muff, so the player is protected UNTIL THE BALL HITS THE GROUND. So yeah, that should have been a penalty.

Pats_Bryan said:
I remember Mike Pereira earlier this year saying the fair catch allows the player to attempt to recover the muff, so the player is protected UNTIL THE BALL HITS THE GROUND. So yeah, that should have been a penalty.

That came from the Pitt game. The ball bounced of the chest of the SD player and was flying away from him. He had 0 chance of getting it, but because he was impeded prior to the ball hitting the ground, they gave SD that ball back, and 15 yards.

Pats_Bryan said:
I thought that as soon as the player bobbles the ball that he was fair game. I didn't realize that he could attempt to regain control before the ball hits the ground.

Just so Bronco Freak knows, a Steelers fan brought the subject up which is why I posted it. It's done and we lost, but I figured since everyone is still so hyped up over the refs that I would lay this out there too. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now that this light has been shed on it you can chaulk up anther 7 points that MAY not have occurred if called correctly.

Michael said:

Wow, looks to me like he wasnt given room and was interfered with. Is that play reviewable? Beli should have been on that.

Pats got cute on that play trying to make something happen. But Troy should have let that one go (or caught the effin thing).

Hindsight = 20/20

sarge said:
That came from the Pitt game. The ball bounced of the chest of the SD player and was flying away from him. He had 0 chance of getting it, but because he was impeded prior to the ball hitting the ground, they gave SD that ball back, and 15 yards.

That's the one I was thinking of! Couldn't remember the specific game.

Last edited:
bort said:
Wow, looks to me like he wasnt given room and was interfered with. Is that play reviewable? Beli should have been on that.

Pats got cute on that play trying to make something happen. But Troy should have let that one go (or caught the effin thing).

Hindsight = 20/20

Unfortunately, because the refs had already blown about five calls prior to that that went against the Patriots, BB was out of challenges.

We are orangemane.com looked at the footage, he was given room, he dropped the ball, and then the scramble began. He was not interfered with. Quit crying, the better team won.

Bronco Freak said:
We are orangemane.com looked at the footage, he was given room, he dropped the ball, and then the scramble began. He was not interfered with. Quit crying, the better team won.

Then explain this!

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/attachment.php?attachmentid=83

This was taken prior to the ball hitting the ground.

By rule, once a player calls a fair catch, he can not be interfered with until after the ball hits the ground!

The ball is clearly not on the ground, and he is clearly being interfered with.

This isn't even debatable. It is obvious!

well

Bronco Freak said:

This is just proof positive that you have no ability to be objective. The photo in the thread shows that he was touched before the ball hit the ground----which by rule is interference. Keep drinking the orange kook-aid and ignore the facts!

There is no arguing the Broncos won the game. But any team can win a game when its gift wrapped.

Last edited:
Wow. That's fair catch interference. I was thinking it at first but nothing was going our way anyways, but by the book that's fair catch interference.

mtbykr said:
This is just proof positive that you have no ability to be objective. The photo in the thread shows that he was touched before the ball hit the ground----which by rule is interference. Keep drinking the orange kook-aid and ignore the facts!

How can you tell he is touched there, the Bronco Player is behind him.

You people are hilarious

I just watched the play about 15 times, Todd Devoe does not touch Troy Brown until the ball hits the ground. Besides that, he is behind him.

He muffs the kick, and right as the ball hits the ground, Devoe falls on top of Brown. That is not fair catch interference at all, and you all are about the biggest bunch of whining cry babies I have ever heard of.

Devoes left arm wraps around Browns left arm, AFTER the ball has made contact with the ground, and BOTTOM LINE - in no way did the contact create the fumble.

You're all acting like a bunch of babies, and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Much like the fumble through the end zone, that call could have gone either way.

I dunno, it kinda looks like Devoe actually hit the ball before it hit the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back