PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dead Horse Brutality Continues-Troy Brown Fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarge said:
The still photo is actually taken from the NFL films internet recap. So it is a frame from the video.

How can the video be accurate, but somehow the frames that are actually being displayed are not?

Because you see from watching the MOVING PICTURES that Devoe's hand appears to be making contact in that picture, but the other angle at the end of the video shows otherwise Sarge.

Just watch the video, the close up slo mo from the other side of the field shows it roll off his leg to the ground right as Devoe hits him.

Last edited:
Bronco Freak said:
Anyway, it was probably a HALO violation, that the ref would never call because Devoe was behind the PR.

Please see

sarge said:
Also, you keep saying he is behind Brown. That is not true. Look at the picture again. Relative to Brown, he is at his side, slightly to the back and is reaching in for the ball (I admit the picture does not show the reach in, but his body position and the position of his shoulder clearly implies it)

Bronco Freak said:
Because you see from watching the MOVING PICTURES that Devoe's hand appears to be making contact in that picture, but the other angle at the end of the video shows otherwise Sarge.

Just watch the video, the close up slo mo from the other side of the field shows it roll off his leg to the ground right as Devoe hits him.

I will check it out when I get home!

Bronco Freak said:

I rewatched the video. There was no closeup slow motion from another angle on video I have. If you have some please give me a link.

But regardless, it is plane as day.

Because I don't have a life, I actually went and broke down the video from the slow mo of the only angle they had into 10 frames.

Here are the first 6 frames, and the next post will have the next 4.

Attachments

• Frames1.JPG
    Frames1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 11
To me I believe he is making contact by the forth frame in the previous post.

Regardless, it is clear he is making contact in the 7th frame, where the ball is at knee level.

That ball doesn't actually hit the ground till the last frame.

It is clearly fair catch interference!

Attachments

• Frames2.JPG
    Frames2.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 30
He is not allowed to be interfered with until the ball hits the ground.

Clearly that did not happen as he was all in his face from the moment he started bobbling the ball.

I believe there was a chance the ball "may" never have even hit the ground had he gave him room to catch it as he was suppose to!

Well

coltshater said:
There is no arguing the Broncos won the game. But any team can win a game when its gift wrapped.

The colt's can't :D

wow

Bronco Freak said:

broncofreak, you have such an ability to be objective! :rolleyes: Were you by chance wearing a striped shirt in denver sat night?

Just watched the muffed punt on the NFL Network Game of the Week...the ball was either on the ground or an inch off it when Brown first got hit. This wasn't the same scenario as the earlier MNF game in San Diego. The Refs got 1 in 100 right this weekend...

bort said:
Wow, looks to me like he wasnt given room and was interfered with. Is that play reviewable? Beli should have been on that.

Pats got cute on that play trying to make something happen. But Troy should have let that one go (or caught the effin thing).

Hindsight = 20/20

IIRC the Pats had already used their 2 challenges, on the Watson strip/ touchback play and another one in the first half the refs screwed up.

If so he couldn't challenge the Brown Punt Interference.

Anyone remember the first BB challenge?

sarge said:
To me I believe he is making contact by the forth frame in the previous post.

Regardless, it is clear he is making contact in the 7th frame, where the ball is at knee level.

That ball doesn't actually hit the ground till the last frame.

It is clearly fair catch interference!

Looks like the Denver player was reaching in to knock the ball loose.

ya

patsfan13 said:
IIRC the Pats had already used their 2 challenges, on the Watson strip/ touchback play and another one in the first half the refs screwed up.

If so he couldn't challenge the Brown Punt Interference.

Anyone remember the first BB challenge?

It was the Asante INT in the first half that the refs blew and forced BB to use a challenge when it wasn't even close!

mtbykr said:
It was the Asante INT in the first half that the refs blew and forced BB to use a challenge when it wasn't even close!

Correctm I was mad during the game that we had to use a challenge on such and obivious catch. Same side of the field where they screwed up the PI later in the 2nd qtr.

mtbykr said:
broncofreak, you have such an ability to be objective! :rolleyes: Were you by chance wearing a striped shirt in denver sat night?
lol

I still say he didn't make contact until the last frame, which is what Sarge said. But by then the ball was already out, and it is WAY to close for a ref to call at full speed.

You can gripe, I agree, Devoe touched him as the ball was sliding down his leg, it had not hit the ground.

But again, at full speed, that flag is not gonna be thrown.

Cry and moan all you want. If you deserved to win the game, you would've scored when Brady choked in the red zone, and then walked away with the game.

This is an unbelievable thread 4 days later! You guys must be the true masters of rationalized excuses for why 'Pretty Boy' Tom and the Divine Patriots lost a game at Invesco this year (make that two games) !!

What really happened was, our defender ran up beside Brown and yelled "Yo, Troy your mama wears army boots" and he dropped it ... simple as that! :)

And if any of you think that the ball has to hit the ground first before its a free for all your nuts! By that logic, if our guy was say 8 yard away and the ball bounced off of Browns helmet and flew into the defenders hands he would have to drop it and then dive on it only after it hit the ground!!??#@$

Once a guy has a clear chance to catch the ball and then drops the damn thing ITs A FREE FOR ALL and our guys wanted it more than Brown who was laying there with his thumb up his butt wondering how in the world he could have muffed such an easy catch.

Now everyone go get a life and enjoy it! The Pats were a great team and had a great run ... but all things must pass.... and us Bronco fans know the feeling.

Aloha

Last edited:
... you gotta be kidding me, what are you trying to do, rationalize a fair catch call for 8 pages?! What a joke. You lost the game, get over it already, I don't think I've ever seen such a massive whinefest in a single thread over something completely irrelevant before. It's pretty simple, your player muffed the kick. He could have caught it and that would have been that. He didn't. Perhaps your players should hold onto the ball when playing a playoff game? You throw a pick, and try to imagine the ball went into the endzone. One of your players drops a punt, and you try to invent an interference call that ONLY you guys have noticed. Huh, strange not one media source nor player nor coach has mentioned it. You guys must be brilliant! You get the ball knocked out by a players helmet and you CRY about leading with his helmet! LMAO!!!!

Spearing the ball in someones hands is legal, you football geniuses. You know.. kind of like how when Bettis fumbled? And they said in the booth "he smacked the ball perfectly with the crown of the helmet.." which is exactly what he did. Which wasn't a problem in that game either. Because it's legal! *lmao*

Learn football rules, cry less, get over it.

To all Broncos fans - your team was given a gift via careless turnovers(3 fumbles). Any team would have won that game with that charity. Patriots fans know this is just one season, and that the Patriots will be back in the hunt next year. Enjoy your "win" for now, it should all be over by Sunday. :scared:

Last edited:
Bronco Freak said:
lol

I still say he didn't make contact until the last frame, which is what Sarge said. But by then the ball was already out, and it is WAY to close for a ref to call at full speed.

You can gripe, I agree, Devoe touched him as the ball was sliding down his leg, it had not hit the ground.

But again, at full speed, that flag is not gonna be thrown.

Cry and moan all you want. If you deserved to win the game, you would've scored when Brady choked in the red zone, and then walked away with the game.

I'm in shock. You finally admitted it!

And as I said in another forum,

1. If Faulk doesn't fumble, the bogus PI never happens
2. If Hobbes doesn't fumble, there is no missed false start on the FG
3. If Brady doesn't throw the pic, there is no discussion over the ball going over the pilon
4. If Brown doesn't A.Attempt to field the ball or B. doesn't bobble it, then this thread doesn't exist.

There is not one single questionable call that can not be directly traced back to a Patriot Meltdown/Bronco big play.

Hulamau said:
This is an unbelievable thread 4 days later! You guys must be the true masters of rationalized excuses for why 'Pretty Boy' Tom and the Divine Patriots lost a game at Invesco this year (make that two games) !!

What really happened was, our defender ran up beside Brown and yelled "Yo, Troy your mama wears army boots" and he dropped it ... simple as that! :)

And if any of you think that the ball has to hit the ground first before its a free for all your nuts! By that logic, if our guy was say 8 yard away and the ball bounced off of Browns helmet and flew into the defenders hands he would have to drop it and then dive on it only after it hit the ground!!??#@$

Once a guy has a clear chance to catch the ball and then drops the damn thing ITs A FREE FOR ALL and our guys wanted it more than Brown who was laying there with his thumb up his butt wondering how in the world he could have muffed such an easy catch.

Now everyone go get a life and enjoy it! The Pats were a great team and had a great run ... but all things must pass.... and us Bronco fans know the feeling.

Aloha

People are commenting on a horrible series of decisions & mistakes by the refs. Howeer most attribute the loss to mistakes made by the Pats. We're now in our offseason and this is what we are left with football wise...our last game.

But why the Hell are you here????????

You should trolling Steeler boards now and worrying about the whipping they hopefully will put on you. Granted accepting the gift the Pats gave you will be the biggest Bronco victory for the next 40 years but you do have a game this week.

sarge said:
1. If Faulk doesn't fumble, the bogus PI never happens
2. If Hobbes doesn't fumble, there is no missed false start on the FG
3. If Brady doesn't throw the pic, there is no discussion over the ball going over the pilon
4. If Brown doesn't A.Attempt to field the ball or B. doesn't bobble it, then this thread doesn't exist.

There is not one single questionable call that can not be directly traced back to a Patriot Meltdown/Bronco big play.

And that is what makes the difference in a game.

BTW - Faulk was stripped of the ball.
Hobbes got rocked by Sauerbraunasaurus Rx.
Brady got picked by the games premier corner, forced by Nick Ferguson's blitz, and
Brown sht the bed.

Therefore, the better team won.

Twice this year I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back