PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots were to sign Revis for, say, 4 years with an AAV of about $12m and a first year hit of $6m-$8m, do they immediately jump to the top of the list in the "Who's having the best FA season so far?" department

Probably. Given that we just watched Shields and Vontae go for $10M AAV, Revis for 12 would be a coup.

From a Philly sportswriter. Hopefully means he's coming here...

NFLN Speculating this morning that the browns would be the best fit for him given how much cap room they have.

Probably. Given that we just watched Shields and Vontae go for $10M AAV, Revis for 12 would be a coup.

I used the 12 because that's what I saw a reporter (Kirwan?) had speculated. With the cap reportedly set to go up about $20m in the next 2 years, only the first year's hit is really important, imo, as long as the rest isn't insane.

NFLN Speculating this morning that the browns would be the best fit for him given how much cap room they have.

The Browns are pretty stupid..and paying that much for two Cbs is stupid...so still a real possibility

The Browns and Raiders are both great options if he straight-up doesn't care about winning. Which he may very well not.

Still don't know how the Browns are the best fit. They already have an elite #1 CB who is trying to negotiate a contract extension. The best fit would be a team with a need for a #1 CB.

Sherman winning a ring had to irk him even if it was just a little bit.

Here's what we should offer: 6 years, $98 (all numbers is millions)

Signing Bonus: $28
Year 1: $3
Year 2: $6
Year 3: $8
Year 4: $15
Year 5: $17
Year 6: $21

That gives $45 over the first 3 years and $60 over 4.

Why do I have the feeling Revis is just going to go to whatever team can pay him the most regardless if they are slated to win 6 games?

You can't get back at Sherman when your not playing on the biggest stage. He talks crazy trash but he backs it up and more
Importantly he's a winner. Hopefully Revis see's the value in that.

I really don't understand the Browns having Joe Haden already.

Yeah, I don't get why so many people think the Browns are so great of a stop for Revis other than they have a ton of money and Mike Pettine is the head coach. How is either guy (Revis or Hayden) going to react when they are told that the other guy is the #1 CB and he is going to have to cover the #2 CB. I know Revis wants to shadow the best receiver. I assume Hayden does too. I don't know about the egos of either guy, but even though it would be arguably the best CB in NFL history it could create problems with chemistry.

I don't think that Revis would want to sign with the Browns at this point in his career. My feeling is that he wants to be on a winning team with a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. He is 28 years old, went through acl surgery and understands that his career won't last forever. Now is his chance to sign with a team that contends every year.

Revis
Pass rusher (Peppers? Probably dreaming but that would be amazing)
Woodyard
Veteran Safety who is pretty good, or at least an upgrade to Gregory.
Edelman

If that happens, I am going to be so happy.

Leaves the draft to plug the holes at Center and TE. The defense would be set though. That would FINALLY be a legit TALENTED defense.

Here's what we should offer: 6 years, $98 (all numbers is millions)

Signing Bonus: $28
Year 1: $3
Year 2: $6
Year 3: $8
Year 4: $15
Year 5: $17
Year 6: $21

That gives $45 over the first 3 years and $60 over 4.

Lol chill bro, he isn't taking 3, 6 and 8 million base salaries.
That's a Brady courtesy deal. He knows he will never see the last 3 years of that deal.

Revis
Pass rusher (Peppers? Probably dreaming but that would be amazing)
Woodyard
Veteran Safety who is pretty good, or at least an upgrade to Gregory.
Edelman

If that happens, I am going to be so happy.

Leaves the draft to plug the holes at Center and TE. The defense would be set though. That would FINALLY be a legit TALENTED defense.

Yeah but that doesn't put us in a good position for 2017-2019. ;)

Lol chill bro, he isn't taking 3, 6 and 8 million base salaries.
That's a Brady courtesy deal. He knows he will never see the last 3 years of that deal.

If the signing bonus and guaranteed $$ are high..then he base salary shouldn't matter

Yeah, I don't get why so many people think the Browns are so great of a stop for Revis other than they have a ton of money
You just answered your own question right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back