PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Darrelle Revis Available

Nope.10 characters

Only if he will rework his deal, but it will be tough since he will want to be paid the highest CB in the league for at least next four years or so. I still think he is the best CB in the league when healthy.

If he wasn't getting paid quarterback money, I would be up for it. But the Pats are already having to look at restructuring deals in the offseason just to free up cap room. He's a dominant CB, when healthy and when used right (something that Schiano didn't do), but he would hamstring the salary cap at his current rate.

Imagine Talib and Revis together, both healthy, with Ryan and Dennard backing them up.

Imagine Talib and Revis together, both healthy, with Ryan and Dennard backing them up.

Revis, Talib, and Dennard in the slot.

randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

If he wants to play for $6m next season as opposed to $16m then yeah, pull the trigger.

If the CB market in free agency is anything like last year, Talib should be fairly cheap to keep around so it could be doable to have Revis & Talib together but it's going to just be fantasy in all likelihood.

I wonder if Revis would even want to play here, he did call Belichick a jerk on national tv...

Revis, Talib, and Dennard in the slot.

randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

You have a funny way of expressing your feelings about certain topics Kontra. I have to admit that I kinda look for the caption pics or the gifts that you post with your responses cause they're usually pretty funny. This one though, on top of making me laugh, was right on point with how I feel about that CB trio wearing Pats uniforms next year. I know it won't happen but one can dream.

You have a funny way of expressing your feelings about certain topics Kontra. I have to admit that I kinda look for the caption pics or the gifts that you post with your responses cause they're usually pretty funny. This one though, on top of making me laugh, was right on point with how I feel about that CB trio wearing Pats uniforms next year. I know it won't happen but one can dream.

goddamright.gif

Thinking rationally, I doubt that it would cost a high draft pick to secure Revis. His contract has zero guaranteed money on it and most teams aren't going to pay 16 million for a corner. Wouldn't it bemuse the Bucs to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rather than cut him for nothing if they are planning on moving on from him anyway? They would get a return, have zero dead money, and open up 16 million in cap space! Plus the team trading for him wouldn't have to bid for him on the open market.

Obviously any team that traded for Revis would have a new contract negotiated with him ahead of time that would probably pay him in the 8-10 million a year range.

Thinking rationally, I doubt that it would cost a high draft pick to secure Revis. His contract has zero guaranteed money on it and most teams aren't going to pay 16 million for a corner. Wouldn't it bemuse the Bucs to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rather than cut him for nothing if they are planning on moving on from him anyway? They would get a return, have zero dead money, and open up 16 million in cap space! Plus the team trading for him wouldn't have to bid for him on the open market.

Obviously any team that traded for Revis would have a new contract negotiated with him ahead of time that would probably pay him in the 8-10 million a year range.

Look, I'm just pulling numbers out of my :butt: -but I don't see Revis ever settling for less than 12m. I just dont.

Look, I'm just pulling numbers out of my :butt: -but I don't see Revis ever settling for less than 12m. I just dont.

Yeah I mean the Raiders would pay him that much, but if he wants to go to a team and win he will have to take less. That being said he will not be a patriot for those who think its a possibility

His salary demand is too high. But if we could and it's a decision between him and Talib, I take Revis in a heartbeat

His salary demand is too high. But if we could and it's a decision between him and Talib, I take Revis in a heartbeat

Not even close. One guy is a top five CB when healthy but has a nagging hip injury that flares up every year and the other guy is probably the best CB in the game. If Revis lowers his contract demands and comes down under $10M per (not happening), I would be all over it if I was Belichick. The guy effectively shuts down half the field without safety help.

Revis was the best corner in the league even last year yet that's become so routine that he doesn't get the props anymore.

Revis was the best corner in the league even last year yet that's become so routine that he doesn't get the props anymore.

Not sure he was the "best", but he was still up there. And that's even with him being horribly used by Schiano. Guy signs Revis then drafts Banks and plays a zone scheme.

:bricks:

2014-2018: $13 million (+ $1.5 million roster bonus)
2019: Free Agent
I'd love to have Revis on this team as much as anyone but that's an awful lot of money and the Bucs would want at least a 1st round pick. On the other hand you could argue he's worth that pick and money because of how well he plays especially man coverage which is huge. It's definitely something to consider but if we resign Talib I think you can throw any chance of this happening out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes