PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't like the Bucs are up against the salary cap, they have plenty of room. Why not just to suck it up and have him on the team.

They may do that. You never know.

It isn't like the Bucs are up against the salary cap, they have plenty of room. Why not just to suck it up and have him on the team.

A few possibilities:

1. New HC Lovie Smith and DC Leslie Frazier are Tampa-2 guys and would rather find players to fit their scheme than change their favorite scheme to fit the players. That D depends on quality players up front rather than a shutdown corner.
  2. Smith and the new GM started looking at film and decided things were worse than they anticipated. Rather than spend $16 million on one player they decided it would be better to spend the same amount on three or four new players that can start or at least get a lot of playing time.
  3. Revis isn't as healthy as they thought he would be.

1527031_683978088312268_804950624_n.jpg

haha one can dream

@RapSheet: A trade for Darrelle Revis by the #Bucs is now considered unlikely. He won’t cut his pay to join the #Browns. Others willing to wait.

This can be read as a positive and negative.

Well if Revis is willing to tear up that terrible contract, I think giving up a 4th for him in a trade would be fair. To me he could be our next Talib. Could really settle down on this team and play for a winner for once. Obviously we ain't paying 16m. But 10m average value with about half guaranteed to knock down the cap hit? It is feasible. And if Talib doesn't sign on the dotted line, Revis might be the best option for a replacement player.

NFL Rumors: Bucs to cut Darrelle Revis if no trading partner found - CBSSports.com

Not to mention... I'd love to give the Jets a black eye and dominate them with their own ex-player for the next 5 years!!

Well if Revis is willing to tear up that terrible contract
He's not. The most likely outcome of all of this seems to be that he'll hit the market and then sign with whoever offers him the most money.

Well if Revis is willing to tear up that terrible contract, I think giving up a 4th for him in a trade would be fair. To me he could be our next Talib. Could really settle down on this team and play for a winner for once. Obviously we ain't paying 16m. But 10m average value with about half guaranteed to knock down the cap hit? It is feasible. And if Talib doesn't sign on the dotted line, Revis might be the best option for a replacement player.

NFL Rumors: Bucs to cut Darrelle Revis if no trading partner found - CBSSports.com

Not to mention... I'd love to give the Jets a black eye and dominate them with their own ex-player for the next 5 years!!

Revis played it exactly how he should have by not reworking his contract with a trade. Now he's gonna be able to sigh with any contending team he wants instead of being traded to a hopeless team. I don't know for sure but I think Revis himself knows he isn't going to $16mil a year. I feel something is brewing with no news on Talib and Revis becoming available. Tomorrow will be exciting for sure.

This can be read as a positive and negative.

It really all depends on who wants him and how much they want to pay for him. I think if the bidding doesn't go over $12m or maybe $13 million a year, I think Belichick will still be in the bidding. After Vontae Davis got what he got, $12m is value for Revis.

All things being equal, Revis may choose a team where he has a shot to win a championship. But I think if the money is more than a few thousand dollars difference, he will take the better deal every time.

It really all depends on who wants him and how much they want to pay for him. I think if the bidding doesn't go over $12m or maybe $13 million a year, I think Belichick will still be in the bidding. After Vontae Davis got what he got, $12m is value for Revis.

All things being equal, Revis may choose a team where he has a shot to win a championship. But I think if the money is more than a few thousand dollars difference, he will take the better deal every time.

Hopefully third teams a charm and puts winning over money this time. I know that's pretty doubtful but you never know maybe the guy really wants to win now after being on 2 crappy teams. I agree with you though BB will be bidding up to or right at 13 mil I believe, anything over that I think they go after Talib aggressively.

I just hope he doesn't go back to the jets.

I just hope he doesn't go back to the jets.

I think the biggest potential roadblock for that is Woody Johnson. He seemed to push Idzik to trade Revis last year rather than trying to give him a contract. Rex would take him back in a minute, but I wonder if Idzik and Spaulding Smails want to put up with him demanding more money in a year.

i have a bad feeling that he will be going back to the jets

Not buying it yet. I don't know if Idzik or Woody would want him back and I think the leaked reports that he would love to go back to the Jets is more a negotiating ploy to grow the number of bidders for his service. He will probably say that he would love to play for Belichick and the Pats, he really loves what Chip Kelly is trying to do in Philly, the Browns really seem to be putting together a potential winner and the idea of playing opposite Hayden is intriguing, and he would love to play in San Francisco to show Richard Sherman who really is the best CB in the NFL.

i have a bad feeling that he will be going back to the jets

that's because you are SURROUNDED by thousands of finger crossed Rat fans praying at their bedside cribs in their green underoos for their greatest hero to "come home"..all that green energy is enough to curl any fan's toes...heh..."toes"...how does that always find its way in there?

Jets fans now certain he is going back since the other CBs are gone.

There probably right to think that, BB needs to get crackin at Talib.

Didn't realize Verner had signed. If we let Talib and Revis go this offseason is going to look real bad real quick. Not time to panic though.

Didn't realize Verner had signed. If we let Talib and Revis go this offseason is going to look real bad real quick. Not time to panic though.

to let revis go they would have had to have him first...and they don't/won't.

to let revis go they would have had to have him first...and they don't/won't.

Ment let him slip away. Market is drying up. Maybe nobody will severely overpay him. Somewhere deep deep deep down in Revis he must have some kind of will to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes