PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think mevis would sign with a contender for less $$...or have someone pay him 13 mill a year that won't make the playoffs for 5 years

He doesn't care about winning. Simple as that

You really think mevis would sign with a contender for less $$...or have someone pay him 13 mill a year that won't make the playoffs for 5 years

He doesn't care about winning. Simple as that

WHO SAID THAT!!

and by the way...he will HAVE to take less per season in all likelihood. BUT, he will get more guaranteed money. his current deal has 0 guaranteed. last year, he figured he was virtually guaranteed 16M bc the bucs traded 1st rounder for him. t hey weren't going to cut him. he probably also figured he wouldn't get cut this year. my guess is he thought the deal was $32M guaranteed. and after 2014, hed restructure for more guaranteed money.

Revis is smart. I don't blame him. and heck, all the talk about him wanting to restructure every year with the jets....what are the bucs doing to him after 1 year????? THEYRE GOING TO TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT.....

I don't fault him. hes going to get paid one way or another.

WHO SAID THAT!!

and by the way...he will HAVE to take less per season in all likelihood. BUT, he will get more guaranteed money. his current deal has 0 guaranteed. last year, he figured he was virtually guaranteed 16M bc the bucs traded 1st rounder for him. t hey weren't going to cut him. he probably also figured he wouldn't get cut this year. my guess is he thought the deal was $32M guaranteed.

If he was smart he would have known there was a chance of him getting cut this year based on his contract of just his a roster bonus every year of 1-2 mill or whatever it is and then just his 16 mill

If he was smart he would have known there was a chance of him getting cut this year based on his contract of just his a roster bonus every year of 1-2 mill or whatever it is and then just his 16 mill

Is that a joke...the bucs gave up a 1st round pick PLUS a 3rd or 4th. why would they cut him after 1 year. its terrible business

Is that a joke...the bucs gave up a 1st round pick PLUS a 3rd or 4th. why would they cut him after 1 year. its terrible business

This is what they call a sunk cost fallacy.

This is what they call a sunk cost fallacy.

im aware what a sunk cost is. but we are talking about Revis's mindset at the time of the contract, which was, they gave up a 1st and 3/4th round pick. why would they cut me after 1 year. therefore, like I said before, he more than likely figured it was 16M per year for minimum of 2 years, ie 32M guaranteed.

worst case in his mind, which I think was valid reasoning, was 2 yrs 32M and head to free agency once again at 29

The picks are already given up..nothing you can do..but you can still save 16 Mill for the upcoming year by cutting him...and that's what they are doing.

The picks are already given up..nothing you can do..but you can still save 16 Mill for the upcoming year by cutting him...and that's what they are doing.

its nice to change the issue to better suit your argument.

I am fully aware of sunk costs. the conversation started with talk about why Revis wouldn't restructure. and why he is not selfish for not renegotiating his contract. don't tell me about the bucs thinking know. I understand their point of view.

its hilarious. some of you guys are stating that Revis is selfish because he wont renegotiate his contract to make it better for the team. However, you are not saying anything about how if he doesn't decrease the amount he earns that the team with TERMINATE his contract and give him 0. hilarious. your hatred of revis blocks rational thinking

your basically ripping revis for using the leverage he has. he got his 16M in 2013. will be released and get more guaranteed money...more power to him don't hate

its nice to change the issue to better suit your argument.

I am fully aware of sunk costs. the conversation started with talk about why Revis wouldn't restructure. and why he is not selfish for not renegotiating his contract. don't tell me about the bucs thinking know. I understand their point of view.

Mevis is selfish..there back on topic for you

im aware what a sunk cost is. but we are talking about Revis's mindset at the time of the contract, which was, they gave up a 1st and 3/4th round pick. why would they cut me after 1 year. therefore, like I said before, he more than likely figured it was 16M per year for minimum of 2 years, ie 32M guaranteed.

worst case in his mind, which I think was valid reasoning, was 2 yrs 32M and head to free agency once again at 29

His agent was an idiot.

His agent was an idiot.

are you MAD!!!! his agent is a genius. he got $16M guaranteed for 1 year. now hes a free agent. he will probably get $30M more guaranteed in a day or two

Mevis is selfish..there back on topic for you

Revis: "Please pay me what we agreed to."
Bucs: "Take a pay cut or we will pay you $0."

Brady to Moss: "Revis is selfish"

you're laughable

are you MAD!!!! his agent is a genius. he got $16M guaranteed for 1 year. now hes a free agent. he will probably get $30M more guaranteed in a day or two

No he is not a free agent right now.

No he is not a free agent right now.

ok thank you for the clarification..this is what will happen:

(1) Revis gets released and becomes Free agent,
(2) Revis gets traded and earns $16M, or
(3) Revis gets released and earns $16M, or
(4) Earns $16M with Bucs this year, or
(5) one of the above PLUS restructure with ALOT of guaranteed money

Revis in Cleveland would be crazy scary to play. Haden, Revis, Whitner.

Gordon at WR. Cameron at WR.

Damn

I guess that's a good point. He probably could have got $16m with guaranteed money, though.

I guess that's a good point. He probably could have got $16m with guaranteed money, though.

I was surprised he didn't get more guaranteed money. but $16M was virtually guaranteed. they weren't going to cut him prior to today or tomorrow. and even that scenario was unlikely at the time.

It isn't like the Bucs are up against the salary cap, they have plenty of room. Why not just to suck it up and have him on the team.

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 9m

League source tells me Darrelle Revis would, in fact, "love" to play for Rex Ryan and the #Jets.

No way Woody would want him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore