PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis is a Twat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't know what to make of Miami. Didn't believe all the preseason hype, but did expect them to be good. Remains to be seen. Guess I'll get a close look next week. 9:30am kickoff gonna be strange.

Buffalo? Depends what last week was. If the D (mainly secondary) is that weak, I think the Jets have a pretty good shot at beating them. As a weak secondary is not something the Jets have to worry about. However if Buffalo's secondary is good and the Pats still tore 'em apart like that, then sh!t. Pats are the early favorite for the SB.

Pats. Ugh, I don't know. I'd like to think our D can limit the Brady/Gronk/Edelman/Amendola/LaFell combo. You'll never flat out stop 'em, but if the O can keep the defense fresh by holding onto the ball a while, maybe. Edge at this point still has to go to the Pats in head-to-head matchups. Only way that changes is if Fitz or Geno is playing above average ball.

Then add in consistency and that's where the Pats really have the advantage. No team has been as good week in and week out. So the division still goes through NE until proven otherwise.

I'll definitely be around for Jets/Pats week. Look forward to some spirited "debates".
Wasn't around for most of this thread.You seem reasonable, though I'm sure there will be a load of disagreements. Welcome the debate from knowledgeable fans though. Still hate that ungreatful son of a ***** revis though. He can pound sand

Pretty clear once he got the ring...he couldn't care less about another ring even since he went back to the jets...likes playing for a loser i guess

He has a XLIX World Champs on his InstantFace. What a hypocrite. Can't wait for Brady to face the Jets.

Am i missing something here? He was a superbowl 49 champion. Who the f@ck cares what he follows or unfollows or likes. Is this patsfans.com or reddit? Who cares? We paid him 12 mil over two years and won a superbowl... The jets have paid him over 100 mil and havent won ****

Last edited:
I love the idea of Revis as one of the greatest player's in New Jersey jets history, and he thinks he's Mr. Jet, yet every time he looks at his ring he sees only the Patriots logo.

Lifetime Identity Crisis?

Kills me to say this, but Brady is probably a better QB than Revis is a CB at the moment. There were a couple years when 24 was not only the best CB in the league but probably the best player. He literally shut down every top WR week in and week out. Not quite sure he'd do that right now. He'll still mostly take 'em out of the game, but maybe not as much as he once could.

Brady?.. doesn't look like he's lost a step in his old age. Guy is surgical tearing defenses apart. Plus he's pissed.

Close, but I'd give the nod to Brady.

Luckily for the Jets, it's not Brady vs Revis. Revis gets the help of our Dline. Put Brady on his @ss a bit and things quickly change.

I haven't checked the stats, but it seems like Brady is getting rid of the ball quicker now.

I could say the same even when you have an elite QB and take away the CBs from the defense. But I won't say that because it's week 3 and all teams still have hope.
Sorry, but it isn't the same and you know that. The difference between Tom Brady vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Darelle Revis vs. Malcolm Butler is so enormous that it's largely immeasurable.

What would that problem be exactly? One of the best Ds in the league or 2-0?

Jets fans always putting the wagon before the horse. Remember all the pre seasons where Jets had already won the Super Bowl and were just waiting for the actual season to get over with?

Btw, you know it's not a good thing when the CB that costs the most against your cap isn't even on the team, right? Slightly even worse when the CB in question is on the roster of a divisional opponent. In fact, quite a bit worse when that cap hit basically equals what you pay the top 4 CBs actually on the roster.

The Pats carry dead money every season. Logan Mankins counts 4 million vs the 2015 cap. You don't think that BB knew the odds of signing Mevis long term were not good? Woody Johnson had to get Mevis back in green to appease the fans and get them back in the stadium and Mevis was all too glad to take his money.

Hey it is what it is. Ya gotta pay for talent. I don't know a single Jet fan complaining and didn't hear many Pats fans complaining last season either.

Brady doesn't bleed every dollar out of the cap and the Pats are not known as a reckless franchise that will over pay. Pats fans didn't complain last year because Mevis's contract was reasonable and fair.

Last edited:
Pretty clear once he got the ring...he couldn't care less about another ring even since he went back to the jets...likes playing for a loser i guess

And his fan base will worship him just like Giants fans worship Beckam Jr.

Weird. Must be a NY/NJ thing.

More concerned with being the man ... the poster boy.
He goes home and plays with this all night ... has all the NFL QB's and he intercepts them until it's bedtime.

Rumor has it he is approaching 100,000 Brady interceptions -
Manish Mehta will report when this historic occasion takes place.

mcfarlane-toys-nfl-playmakers-series-3-action-figure-darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-7.jpg

I don't believe Revis choose the Patriots because he wanted a ring, I think he chose NE because he knew it was the one place that the Jets would not be able to stand for a long term deal, and it worked perfectly for him. He got a boatload of money and a ring on his one season here and provoked Woody Johnson into publicly tampering with him and opening his checkbook to get him back where he always wanted to be. The people who think the Patriots could have re signed him are high, there was no limit to how much money Johnson would spend to make certain he didn't spend the rest of his career in NE.

I don't believe Revis choose the Patriots because he wanted a ring, I think he chose NE because he knew it was the one place that the Jets would not be able to stand for a long term deal, and it worked perfectly for him. He got a boatload of money and a ring on his one season here and provoked Woody Johnson into publicly tampering with him and opening his checkbook to get him back where he always wanted to be. The people who think the Patriots could have re signed him are high, there was no limit to how much money Johnson would spend to make certain he didn't spend the rest of his career in NE.

Yep. Was never signing a deal with the Pats. Pats could have picked up the option and he would have made his $20m for the season and then gone back to the jests.

The guy was looking for one more big contract. He's still the best corner in the league but he's not seeing another superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST