PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis is a Twat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can take the Jet CB out of Jersey but you can never take the dooshieness out.

BTW, You have a big problem when your teams highest paid player is a CB.

What would that problem be exactly? One of the best Ds in the league or 2-0?

Btw, you know it's not a good thing when the CB that costs the most against your cap isn't even on the team, right? Slightly even worse when the CB in question is on the roster of a divisional opponent. In fact, quite a bit worse when that cap hit basically equals what you pay the top 4 CBs actually on the roster.

Hey it is what it is. Ya gotta pay for talent. I don't know a single Jet fan complaining and didn't hear many Pats fans complaining last season either.

Last edited:
I simply can't respect a man who signs a front end loaded deal and then

Btw, you know it's not a good thing when the CB that costs the most against your cap isn't even on the team, right? Slightly even worse when the CB in question is on the roster of a divisional opponent. In fact, quite a bit worse when that cap hit basically equals what you pay the top 4 CBs actually on the roster.

Hey it is what it is. Ya gotta pay for talent. I don't know a single Jet fan complaining and didn't hear many Pats fans complaining last season either.

The Pats didn't pay Revis nearly as much as the Jets are paying him now. And the Pats dropped out of the bidding before the Jets stopped negotiating with him. They just didn't let the Jets know. I thought that was pretty comical.

Other than the way Revis dealt with the Jets with his first contract, I have no complaints about the guy. He had the confidence in himself and the ability to take deals one year at a time to maximize his salary, at least until Woody let him know that he'd open up the vault for him.

Tom Brady at QB is as talented as Revis at CB and he's taking less to help build a better team. I like that approach better.

Wait, you're saying the Jets are built from free agency?

No, I'm saying that teams that put a premium on big names vs putting together a cohesive team with complimentary spare parts is a better approach. Not criticizing the Jets at all (except perhaps their QB situation - ;))

Revis is home grown talent. He just grew too damn much. He became extremely expensive and we let him go after the injury. Coulda had him back last season (and prevented another Pats SB), but Idzik was an idiot.

A lot of Jets fans were BS on Revis and his salary demands and their response to him leaving was "good riddance." Jilted lover syndrome perhaps?

Beyond that, let's just look at the D (one of the best in the game).

Dline: Wilk - drafted, Harrison - undrafted but here since a rookie, Richardson - drafted, Williams - drafted

LBs: Harris - drafted, Davis - drafted, Mauldin - drafted, Coples - drafted, Pace - FA but been here a while

Secondary: Revis - drafted, Cro - FA but been here a while, Skrine - FA, Pryor - drafted, Gilchrist - FA, Milliner - drafted

Not really built via free agency at all.

I agree. I am not sure that paying Revis will work out in the long run but then again it may be a brilliant move. Only time will tell.

Tom Brady at QB is as talented as Revis at CB...

Kills me to say this, but Brady is probably a better QB than Revis is a CB at the moment. There were a couple years when 24 was not only the best CB in the league but probably the best player. He literally shut down every top WR week in and week out. Not quite sure he'd do that right now. He'll still mostly take 'em out of the game, but maybe not as much as he once could.

Brady?.. doesn't look like he's lost a step in his old age. Guy is surgical tearing defenses apart. Plus he's pissed.

Close, but I'd give the nod to Brady.

Luckily for the Jets, it's not Brady vs Revis. Revis gets the help of our Dline. Put Brady on his @ss a bit and things quickly change.

Kills me to say this, but Brady is probably a better QB than Revis is a CB at the moment. There were a couple years when 24 was not only the best CB in the league but probably the best player. He literally shut down every top WR week in and week out. Not quite sure he'd do that right now. He'll still mostly take 'em out of the game, but maybe not as much as he once could.

Brady?.. doesn't look like he's lost a step in his old age. Guy is surgical tearing defenses apart. Plus he's pissed.

Luckily for the Jets, it's not Brady vs Revis. Revis gets the help of our Dline. Put Brady on his @ss a bit and things quickly change.

You sound a lot like........wait is this Rex? :D

It'll be a close game. Jets have a top defense if not the best defense in the league right now.

You sound a lot like........wait is this Rex? :D

It'll be a close game. Jets have a top defense if not the best defense in the league right now.

Me? Rex? Na.

Though if anyone has pictures of women's feet, please post.

Revis has never been the best player in the league. Best CB sure, but don't be daft.

Would I have liked Revis to stay? Sure, but not at the overinflated price the Jets paid him. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the Jets play the Patriots for the first time in 2015. I have a sneaking suspicion I already know the outcome, but there's too much football to be played between now and then.

Me? Rex? Na.

Though if anyone has pictures of women's feet, please post.

Don't worry she's hot! I can hook you up. :D

images

hey jets fans...your team will never win the SB.

hey jets fans...your team will never win the SB.

Well darn. Appreciate the info. I'll stop being a Jet fan and just focus on the Yanks moving forward. Btw, how those Sox doin?

Look around the NFL and at the teams that are going to the Championship games year after year. Their highest paid player is not a money grubbing CB or a WR.

At the end of this season, when Fitzpatrick implodes and Geno craps his pants again your 20 million dollar CB will do you a lot of good.

Look around the NFL and at the teams that are going to the Championship games year after year. Their highest paid player is not a money grubbing CB or a WR.

At the end of this season, when Fitzpatrick implodes and Geno craps his pants again your 20 million dollar CB will do you a lot of good.

Hey, it's possible. I don't think that'll happen, but never know. Only so many elite QBs in the league. When ya don't have that, gotta build with what's available. A top D, good running game, quality WRs and serviceable QB isn't a bad option. Better than many teams can say.

Hey, it's possible. I don't think that'll happen, but never know. Only so many elite QBs in the league. When ya don't have that, gotta build with what's available. A top D, good running game, quality WRs and serviceable QB isn't a bad option. Better than many teams can say.
But not enough to win a Super Bowl.

The Rex formula for failure.

Top D remains to be seen. Beating up on the Clowns and poor Andy Luck doesn't prove anything. AFCE schedule is weak this season. Weaker than Fitzpatricks arm.

But not enough to win a Super Bowl.

I could say the same even when you have an elite QB and take away the CBs from the defense. But I won't say that because it's week 3 and all teams still have hope.

4 pages about a favorited tweet.

I could say the same even when you have an elite QB and take away the CBs from the defense. But I won't say that because it's week 3 and all teams still have hope.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were able to get a ring with an elite defense so it can be done but it also depended on the QB's they were up against which was Gannon and Collins. That's rare and happened over a decade ago but you're right in that no one knows what Fitzpatrick or the Jets (or the Pats) will be in 2 months.

One thing is sure is that the AFCE probably has some of the top defenses in the league. Jets, Bills and Miami all seemed to upgrade over the offseason. (Miami seemed better during the preseason)

Tom Brady put up 14 points in the 4th Qtr against the NFL's top ranked Defense in the Super Bowl. If Gronk, Edelman, Amendola and Lafell are healthy for the Jets game it will be tough for the Jets to outscore the Pats. IMO

My prediction for the AFCE is:

Pats
Jets/Bills .....These two games are going to be fun to watch. Two top defenses going at it.
Miami ....... I say Miami last but Tannehill seems to be a decent QB and may put it together by the end of the season. I had Miami's defense ranked higher during preseason but I am now thinking it's a more on paper thing.

Anyways look forward to seeing you during the Jets week.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were able to get a ring with an elite defense so it can be done but it also depended on the QB's they were up against which was Gannon and Collins. That's rare and happened over a decade ago but you're right in that no one knows what Fitzpatrick or the Jets (or the Pats) will be in 2 months.

One thing is sure is that the AFCE probably has some of the top defenses in the league. Jets, Bills and Miami all seemed to upgrade over the offseason. (Miami seemed better during the preseason)

Tom Brady put up 14 points in the 4th Qtr against the NFL's top ranked Defense in the Super Bowl. If Gronk, Edelman, Amendola and Lafell are healthy for the Jets game it will be tough for the Jets to outscore the Pats. IMO

My prediction for the AFCE is:

Pats
Jets/Bills .....These two games are going to be fun to watch. Two top defenses going at it.
Miami ....... I say Miami last but Tannehill seems to be a decent QB and may put it together by the end of the season. I had Miami's defense ranked higher during preseason but I am now thinking it's a more on paper thing.

Anyways look forward to seeing you during the Jets week.

Yeah I don't know what to make of Miami. Didn't believe all the preseason hype, but did expect them to be good. Remains to be seen. Guess I'll get a close look next week. 9:30am kickoff gonna be strange.

Buffalo? Depends what last week was. If the D (mainly secondary) is that weak, I think the Jets have a pretty good shot at beating them. As a weak secondary is not something the Jets have to worry about. However if Buffalo's secondary is good and the Pats still tore 'em apart like that, then sh!t. Pats are the early favorite for the SB.

Pats. Ugh, I don't know. I'd like to think our D can limit the Brady/Gronk/Edelman/Amendola/LaFell combo. You'll never flat out stop 'em, but if the O can keep the defense fresh by holding onto the ball a while, maybe. Edge at this point still has to go to the Pats in head-to-head matchups. Only way that changes is if Fitz or Geno is playing above average ball.

Then add in consistency and that's where the Pats really have the advantage. No team has been as good week in and week out. So the division still goes through NE until proven otherwise.

I'll definitely be around for Jets/Pats week. Look forward to some spirited "debates".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST