PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis is a Twat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and honestly, I think he took the Jets for a ride on that contract. They were overly emotionally invested in his return, as the only hollow victory they could have from last year after watching the Pats win yet another one, and with him on the team. He may give them a year or two of high performance that is somewhat close to worthy of the price, but that's about it. And he's already gimpy this year, two games in.

So I'm not part of the 5% pissed about the back door dealing. But the 90%, I'm a member.

Yes, and honestly, I think he took the Jets for a ride on that contract. They were overly emotionally invested in his return, as the only hollow victory they could have from last year after watching the Pats win yet another one, and with him on the team. He may give them a year or two of high performance that is somewhat close to worthy of the price, but that's about it. And he's already gimpy this year, two games in.

So I'm not part of the 5% pissed about the back door dealing. But the 90%, I'm a member.

Yea..if he just stayed quiet he's be fine. Either he or his social media handlers are bad actors.

That Jets contract is awful. It is beyond stupid.

The bottom line on Revis- the Jets' best player goes to the Patriots for one year and gets a superbowl ring (in all likelihood, his only superbowl ring). Jets organization and fanbase went completely off the deep end after that happened.

Everything else is just blah, blah, blah . . . .

I think if Revis hadn't come out and said/tweeted what he had that would have squelched 90% of the vitirol eminating from this board.

The other 5% is that there is the perception that he was back-door dealing with the Jets and not negotiating on the up-and-up with Kraft.

The other 5% is that he dumped Patriot Nation and people are still pissed.
I hear you. And most of it makes sense, I suppose. I guess for me it's like, hey, we got the SB ring and he was a key component in doing so. But players come and go. It's not like we hadn't been to SB's without him. And, though he played well in the SB, he also gave up a TD. It was Butler making the key play of that game. But in SB's past, it always seemed to be the corner position that let the team down. So an argument can definitely be made that maybe we don't win it last year without him. But this train doesn't stop and Bill always seems to find a way to make things work. We'll be fine without Revis and he'll languish on a team that will likely miss the playoffs for the remaining seasons of his career. I'm good with that.

Ya he hasnt taken shots at Brady every chance he has had since he went back to the jests or anything.
I hear you. I can see how this would be on peoples' radar. But whatever. We're going to be fine without dude and he won't even make the playoffs. We used him every bit as much as he used us last season. It was a mutually beneficial thing. Whatever Revis is saying now matters how? Brady is wearing ring four and Revis was a big part of making that happen. I guess that's what trumps everything else for me. His words are hollow and mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The consensus is that NE will be right there at the end again this year. Where the **** will Revis be? On his couch with his millions while our QB goes for the thumb ring. C'mon. Who the **** cares about Revis?

The bottom line on Revis- the Jets' best player goes to the Patriots for one year and gets a superbowl ring (in all likelihood, his only superbowl ring). Jets organization and fanbase went completely off the deep end after that happened.

Everything else is just blah, blah, blah . . . .
I just posted a similar thing before seeing this.

I hear you. And most of it makes sense, I suppose. I guess for me it's like, hey, we got the SB ring and he was a key component in doing so. But players come and go. It's not like we hadn't been to SB's without him. And, though he played well in the SB, he also gave up a TD. It was Butler making the key play of that game. But in SB's past, it always seemed to be the corner position that let the team down. So an argument can definitely be made that maybe we don't win it last year without him. But this train doesn't stop and Bill always seems to find a way to make things work. We'll be fine without Revis and he'll languish on a team that will likely miss the playoffs for the remaining seasons of his career. I'm good with that.
Yep.

I bet if we took a poll, more fans would hold Moss in higher regard than Revis even though they won a SB with him and never shot his way out of town.

Last edited:
I have echoed this. I don't get how people are so salty over him leaving. Dude has always chased the money and he's good enough to get it. Even if he is starting to show some signs of decline, he's still in the top 2-3 in the game. C'mon. Ironic how some of the same people talking about how he wasn't that good last year (wow) are the same people who are most salty he's gone. LOL

I hear you Patsboy. I am not one that cares about him leaving, he has the right to do what he wants as a man. I also think he's a good player. My point is simply that he is showing "no class" by continuing to dis Brady is all. So maybe he is doing it to endear himself with his fans or maybe to get into Brady's head, I don't know because I also think he's a smart dude. Is it possible that he really dislikes Brady? Maybe.

Yep.

I bet if took a poll, more fans hold Moss in higher regard than Revis even though they won a SB with him and never shot his way out of town.
And this is also fair but unfair at the same time. Moss played a more glamorous position and broke the TD record in 2007. He was also here longer. And he's been effusive with praise for Brady and the organization since leaving. He has been back in town many times around the team. He has talked highly of the team in just about any interview when the Pats are brought up. It's a different type of player and circumstance. I truly feel that Moss was hurt that they could never win the championship and that he was jettisoned by his own doing. That resonates with me and most fans.

So, Rob, I get that people could be upset with Revis. Maybe I came off with a harder tone in my initial post. I'm just not fixated on him. He's irrelevant to me except for the two times we must play him this season. And the way our offense has looked (still early), we're going to eat them alive, even if we choose to stay away from him (which I don't think we will). I thank him for his part in #4 and now he's a Jet; thereby, he is irrelevant to me.

Revis can't cover any of our top receivers. Edelman will burn Revis, and Gronk will smash him.
Jets should put Dobson on Revis Island so their franchise-cornerback doesn't embarrass himself.

"They can't handle my quickness!"

I wish he was still with us but for some reason he loves being a jests. I will be thankful for his time here. His lone career highlight will always be with the pats.

Yep.

I bet if took a poll, more fans hold Moss in higher regard than Revis even though they won a SB with him and never shot his way out of town.

Moss was a Patriot. Revis was a rent-a-Jet.

Glad he was here and happy the Pats didn't overpay him to stay.

Moss was a Patriot. Revis was a rent-a-Jet.

Glad he was here and happy the Pats didn't overpay him to stay.

I will always think about that 2008 season had brady not gotten hurt. Ughhh

Yep.

Despite Revis being a little *****, and his play dropping off in the postseason compared to the regular season, I definitely hold Revis in higher regard because he actually contributed to a SB winning season. That's all I care about. Nothing else matters to me

Despite Revis being a little *****, and his playing dropping off in the postseason compared to the regular season, I definitely hold Revis in higher regard because he actually contributed to a SB winning season. That's all I care about. Nothing else matters to me

True but i wish moss would have won a ring with us then revis. Revis' s heart is attached to those losers in green.

Am I the only one who thinks everyone is batsh1t crazy sensitive about some things? Most of the time these guys have someone who manages their social media stuff. Even if it it was him, he plays for the Jets now. I'm glad he helped us get us our title, and when he retires, his legacy will always be lifelong Jet who won a Super Bowl with the Pats, which symbolizes so much self-hatred, insecurity, jealousy, and ineptness from the Jets.

He getting paid a king's ransom for that organization to feel good about themselves. It's a shame that building a 'team' instead of collecting high price players is such an alien idea to so many franchises. I feel bad for their fans (except when we play them).

He getting paid a king's ransom for that organization to feel good about themselves. It's a shame that building a 'team' instead of collecting high price players is such an alien idea to so many franchises. I feel bad for their fans (except when we play them).

Wait, you're saying the Jets are built from free agency?
Revis is home grown talent. He just grew too damn much. He became extremely expensive and we let him go after the injury. Coulda had him back last season (and prevented another Pats SB), but Idzik was an idiot.

Beyond that, let's just look at the D (one of the best in the game).

Dline: Wilk - drafted, Harrison - undrafted but here since a rookie, Richardson - drafted, Williams - drafted

LBs: Harris - drafted, Davis - drafted, Mauldin - drafted, Coples - drafted, Pace - FA but been here a while

Secondary: Revis - drafted, Cro - FA but been here a while, Skrine - FA, Pryor - drafted, Gilchrist - FA, Milliner - drafted

Not really built via free agency at all.

And go think I liked him when he came to the Pats. Ungrateful jerk.

And this is also fair but unfair at the same time. Moss played a more glamorous position and broke the TD record in 2007. He was also here longer. And he's been effusive with praise for Brady and the organization since leaving. He has been back in town many times around the team. He has talked highly of the team in just about any interview when the Pats are brought up. It's a different type of player and circumstance. I truly feel that Moss was hurt that they could never win the championship and that he was jettisoned by his own doing. That resonates with me and most fans.

So, Rob, I get that people could be upset with Revis. Maybe I came off with a harder tone in my initial post. I'm just not fixated on him. He's irrelevant to me except for the two times we must play him this season. And the way our offense has looked (still early), we're going to eat them alive, even if we choose to stay away from him (which I don't think we will). I thank him for his part in #4 and now he's a Jet; thereby, he is irrelevant to me.
Thats pretty much my position as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe