PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead = Non-expendable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on Earth has Vereen showed you thus far that would make you want to keep him over Woodhead?

Agreed, Woodhead is more valuable than Vereen at this stage. He has TB's trust and that counts for a lot. However I don't think we have seen anywhere near the best of 34 yet. He has lateral skills that Ridley and Bolden have yet to develop. He has been hampered by injuries, limited opportunities and now his first fumble. I can sense he is going to be productive in the NFL, and for the price why not in New England?

Woodhead has moxie, is a gamer and a key part of the team. I liked seeing Vince acknowledging his 2nd TD with a pat on the helmet. 39 appears to have the trust and faith of the D as well as the O. I can only imagine BB chortling each time he sees the Jets running backs, knowing that he nabbed that unit's most dependable resource when Rex cut him.

I like our stable of RBs (best since the days of Dillon) and with 3 of them in their 2nd or 1st year I cant imagine it would cost much to extend 39 and keep them all for 2013. I think our rushing offense is only going to get better next year if we do.

I don't see another team in the NFL with as deep a RB corps as the Pats have and will have next year if Demps comes anywhere near expectations.

Woodhead isn't going anywhere unless he or his agent asks for the moon.

I don't see another team in the NFL with as deep a RB corps as the Pats have and will have next year if Demps comes anywhere near expectations.

Woodhead isn't going anywhere unless he or his agent asks for the moon.

Deep....on the bench last week

I'm sorry but this thread is ridiculous. Not one person has mentioned a little thing called the SALARY CAP. We have Welker, Volmer and Talib to pay and possibly others such as Arrington or Edelman. I love Woody and hope he is back but when you have a solid starter (Ridley), a competent back up (Bolden) and a young player who has flashed (Vereen) it makes letting go of Woodhead very logical. If you can save 2 mil per year by drafting a late round guy and letting Woody walk that could be the difference between Welker staying and Welker leaving. I hope I'm wrong but in the salary cap era you can't keep everybody and Woody is the logical choice to let go.

Are you kidding me? Bolden hadone good game and he is a completely different running back. Stop with this notion that you can find Danny woodheads in the late rounds easy he's a tough don of a b has a chip on his shoulder he performs when the lights are bright ie super bowl and Monday. Arrington, Edelman bolden vereen arnt as good as him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry but this thread is ridiculous. Not one person has mentioned a little thing called the SALARY CAP. We have Welker, Volmer and Talib to pay and possibly others such as Arrington or Edelman. I love Woody and hope he is back but when you have a solid starter (Ridley), a competent back up (Bolden) and a young player who has flashed (Vereen) it makes letting go of Woodhead very logical. If you can save 2 mil per year by drafting a late round guy and letting Woody walk that could be the difference between Welker staying and Welker leaving. I hope I'm wrong but in the salary cap era you can't keep everybody and Woody is the logical choice to let go.

Woodhead's expendability would seem to be directly tied to Vereen's ability. So far, that means you have to keep him unless he asks for a ridiculous overpayment, IMO.

It seems as if I had that covered, don't you think?

I'm sorry but this thread is ridiculous.

Not one person has mentioned a little thing called the SALARY CAP. We have Welker, Volmer and Talib to pay and possibly others such as Arrington or Edelman. I love Woody and hope he is back but when you have a solid starter (Ridley), a competent back up (Bolden) and a young player who has flashed (Vereen) it makes letting go of Woodhead very logical. If you can save 2 mil per year by drafting a late round guy and letting Woody walk that could be the difference between Welker staying and Welker leaving. I hope I'm wrong but in the salary cap era you can't keep everybody and Woody is the logical choice to let go.

Well, now it's ridiculous. ;)

You can certainly support the idea of cutting him loose ~ as GOD-awful a notion as it may be...But the idea that dropping a couple Million or so on an elusive, versatile, multi-formationally dangerous Scrapper ~ did I mention "Clutch"?? ~ like "UnCanny" Danny WoodHead is "ridiculous" is ridiculous, Brother AyYo. :nono:

Brother Borg's 3 Years for $7.5 Million notion sounds spot on. :cool:

*ReBooted because I found a Typo and I'm a Grammar Nazi!! :D

I was a bit wishy washy on Woodhead's prospects beyond this season -- not because I don't like the guy, but because of all the other talent on the roster at the position. One thing that seems to be the case, though, that works in his favor is that in games where none of the other running backs seem to be able to do much/anything, Woodhead always seems to come through with the tough yardage.

After last night I'm definitely a believer, though. Gotta keep the guy around.

Yup. Woodhead is clutch. He can keep our running game going, when none of the other backs can seem to get traction. There is value in having a 3rd down back like Woody, and I'd like to keep him around longer.

i forgot about demps....can't wait to see that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand