PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

First off, there was no "cheating" with the video cameras. The only issue with them was their location.

THANK you. :mad:

Goodell is lying, cheating, reprehensible SCUM.

Did I mention the bit about the face and the burning?? GOOD.

Some of you guys need to stop getting your hopes so high up. I really doubt this guy turns out to be Faulk 2.0 or the next Welker or whatever. Is it possible? Sure, but a lot of you are acting like it's pretty much a guarantee that this guy can fill those roles. I'm not so sure he lasts on the roster very long. Seems like they signed him to gain info and for a little gamesmanship. The Pats have done it numerous times over the years.

Simmer down. Nobody said anything even REMOTELY like the "guarantee" that you fabricated: We merely expressed approval of the move, and high hopes for the kid. And if high hopes get your knickers in a twist, you have my permission to take your gloom and doom to another team. No need to pack.

So, will Mr. Wood be active today? It would be awesome if we threw him a screen pass and he went 30 yards with it, Rex's face. :D

Yes, he has been activated for today.

Some of you guys need to stop getting your hopes so high up.

Why the hell shouldn't I. I am fan. That's what fans do. Get their hopes up high.

Lets go Pats. Lets go!

2010: The year the Patriots go 16-0 and then win the superbowl! (you heard it hear first).

Yes, he has been activated for today.
He's on the 53, I don't think we know if he's on the 45 ("activated") yet.

Without sounding too stupid and homerish I wouldn't mind him getting a few carries - seriously - with our new TE to set the edge, running outside could be more effective than up the middle and Woodhead is out only RB with some speed at this point. I expect he'll be Inactive though.

I couldn't believe the Jets let this guy go since he seemed to fit a plethora of roles on their team, it would be hard not to find a place for this guy. The Jet fans I talked to seemed to like him. The only question I would have is how smart is this guy? Can he put the time in and pick up the playbook? If so he could be a real weapon all over the field. Especially with Brady at the helm.

Woodhead is extremely intelligent. He will not just learn his RB position but also the receiver positions in order to make himself more versatile in what he can do.

Don't know whether or not he'll be active, but I like what he brings to the table- obviously the versatility that is the hallmark of the Patriots, but also his speed and ability to hit the hole and move into the second level quickly.

Hate to put a damper on the celebrations, but the days of "Rudy" and "Charlie Tolar's of the old AFL" are gone. As much as this guy is probably a hard worker, he will get mnurdered in the NFL of today.

We'll probably get what info we can get for this week and then wish him luck, and say thanks. He can now tell his grandkids that you played in the NFL.

Also, I am amazed that BB would pull this kind of a stunt and feed the Jets locker room material.

The Jets played poorly, they do not want to lose two straight, at home, to open the season, and have many incentives going into this game that they need to fulfill. This little, meaningless, move will add more fuel to their fire.

I hope it does not backfire in BB's face. There was very little to gain from this move, if anything at all, and more, much more, to lose.

Does anyone here really think he is gonna stick?

Well, yes. Yes, I do. They underestimated Woodhead on the Jets board last year and he stuck. I am not saying he definitely will, but he does have the ability.

Don't know whether or not he'll be active, but I like what he brings to the table- obviously the versatility that is the hallmark of the Patriots, but also his speed and ability to hit the hole and move into the second level quickly.

what sorta speed does he have???? Give me a comparison player to base it off of.:cool:

what sorta speed does he have???? Give me a comparison player to base it off of.:cool:

No player comparison off the top of my head, but this from Wikipedia:

Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds)

Danny Woodhead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THis site says McFadden was 4.33, CJohnson 4.24 in 40.

2008 NFL Combine Results 40 Yard Dash Times - 40 Times and Vertical Jump

This may only be of use to the draftniks out there, but it strikes me that another small-school prospect whom several of us liked as a Faulk apprentice, Deji Karim, is decent comparison. From their college pro days:

Karim 5'8.5" 209 4.40/2.45/1.45 19 43" 10'03" 4.33 6.95
Woodhead 5'7.5" 197 4.38/2.50/1.44 20 38" 10'01" 4.20 7.03

There's no saying at this point whether Woodhead will stick, but I'd love to see a player of that type on the roster. Faulk is a key to the offense being versatile and unpredictable.

Some of you guys need to stop getting your hopes so high up. I really doubt this guy turns out to be Faulk 2.0 or the next Welker or whatever. Is it possible? Sure, but a lot of you are acting like it's pretty much a guarantee that this guy can fill those roles. I'm not so sure he lasts on the roster very long. Seems like they signed him to gain info and for a little gamesmanship. The Pats have done it numerous times over the years.

We're fans. Getting our "hopes so high up" is all part of the fun !

Looks like Woodhead would have speed to get outside, something our current offense lacks.

I'd like to see him make it as the 5th RB/WR combo. ST depth would be nice also.

First off, there was no "cheating" with the video cameras. The only issue with them was their location. And, as I pointed out to our esteemed Jets fan, the Jets were doing the exact same thing in the exact same game that they turned the Pats in for. But because of Goodell's bias, they weren't punished...

Hey, I'm not jumping in on your conversation with IBB, but I was wondering if you could cite the source on that whole thing with the Jets using cameras in that game also. I assumed that all teams did this anyway, and that the Pats were merely being singled out, but I've never read anything confirming that the Jets were seen with their cameras as well.

It would be nice to have a link to point to, since I deal with a fair amount of Pats haters on a regular basis and this would be a nice way of shutting them up. Thanks for your help.

Woodhead was a statistical beast at the college level. But he was doing this in Division II so take that with a grain of salt. Still 2,700 yards on the ground in one season and being in the same breath as Barry Sanders for all-purpose yards is pretty impressive. He apparently had a freakish pro-day as well.

"Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds)."
Danny Woodhead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If nothing else, the kid is definitely an impressive athlete. I wonder why he hasn't gotten a chance with anyone though given the measurables? We'll just have to wait and see. At least this cost us nothing but a roster spot and potentially hurts the Jets this season since we now have their playbook.

Last edited:

It's called being a fan!

Looks like Woodhead would have speed to get outside, something our current offense lacks.

I'd like to see him make it as the 5th RB/WR combo. ST depth would be nice also.

tralalalalalala everything is beautiful as always....poor aidsman

Last edited:

Woodhead is extremely intelligent. He will not just learn his RB position but also the receiver positions in order to make himself more versatile in what he can do.

Agreed - he was a D2 academic all american and a NCAA Draddy graduate scholarship winner....he'll pick up the offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST