PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Man, Woodhead looks like a pizza delivery guy:

11788.jpg

One inch taller and two pounds lighter than Faulk.

Does he like to smoke...Oh, wait

He was just drafted 5 months ago in the 3rd round and there's only been one week of football since then. Why would you be saying that due to one petty signing?

I would LOVE it if people stopped bumping that VAPID post.

You would have to be BRAIN DEAD to think that our signing a Running Back ~ with some WideOut Flavor ~ in ANY way threatened Price!! :rolleyes:

The bottom line:
-Woodhead will not be a captain tomorrow.
-The timing is very likely intended to be part of a mind game.
-Being cut by team X means relatively little to Team Y (if Team X cut him it means he is no good? No)
-Every team has specific needs......the Jets felt their needs were better suited by someone other than Woodhead (at least for week 2)
-The jets felt the guy had potential or he would not have been on the week 1 roster.
-The odds are against Woodhead making the roster for the season but they are not extremely unlikely either. He has multiple qualities BB likes in a player.
-The Patriots will win or lose tomorrow based on nothing (or a scintilla beyond nothing) to do with Woodhead. Stopping the Jet's running attack and keeping Brady protected will be the deciding factors for the Patriot's fortunes.

Look at tomorrow's box score - if the Jets have multiple sacks and knockdowns along with a 120+ yards rushing, the Patriots are very likely 1-1 in the standings.

Man, Woodhead looks like a pizza delivery guy

That explains why Rex got rid of him.

His order of pizzas, chicken wings and bread sticks arrived late and were cold.

Man, Woodhead looks like a pizza delivery guy:

If he is it's an enigma why Fatty Rexy let him go.

Did he deliver the cheeseburgers the gangsta defense was eating on the field in hard knocks?

I don't know if Woodhead can play or not, but I think it says a lot they cut him while they are carrying Joe McKnight.

McKnight is a turd without the work ethic and effort that gives Woodhead a shot. One of the interesting stories of Hard Knocks was how McNight proved to be in poor condition, poorly-prepared and soft, to the point where people were wondering if the Jets would just cut him. However, the Jets carry McKnight as an inactive every week because they don't want to admit they completely blew it with him after trading Leon Washington and dealing up to draft him (like they have with Vernon Gholston).

If LT or Green are hurt McKnight is going to have to play, because they decided to carry fewer backs and keep 2 fullbacks. For a team that wants to "ground and pound", that is an alarming thought.

I think BB is just playing head games with Rex. If this guy turns out to be a player for us I'll be surprised. Then again he is a FREE replacement for Maroney, not that Maroney was going to get any snaps here anyways. BJGE is the only guy worried by this acquisition.

David Herron says "Yeah, they do. :( "
I don't care what numbers are brought up - he's not better than Edelman.

Hate to put a damper on the celebrations, but the days of "Rudy" and "Charlie Tolar's of the old AFL" are gone. As much as this guy is probably a hard worker, he will get mnurdered in the NFL of today.

We'll probably get what info we can get for this week and then wish him luck, and say thanks. He can now tell his grandkids that you played in the NFL.

Wes Welker says hi !

Hate to put a damper on the celebrations, but the days of "Rudy" and "Charlie Tolar's of the old AFL" are gone. As much as this guy is probably a hard worker, he will get mnurdered in the NFL of today.

We'll probably get what info we can get for this week and then wish him luck, and say thanks. He can now tell his grandkids that you played in the NFL.

Also, I am amazed that BB would pull this kind of a stunt and feed the Jets locker room material.

The Jets played poorly, they do not want to lose two straight, at home, to open the season, and have many incentives going into this game that they need to fulfill. This little, meaningless, move will add more fuel to their fire.

I hope it does not backfire in BB's face. There was very little to gain from this move, if anything at all, and more, much more, to lose.

Does anyone here really think he is gonna stick?

I don't think BB would sign someone as just a stunt. He seems to have more respect than that for players. Plus, how is there much, much more to lose? The Jets are either going to play crappy again or they are going to play better than they did last week. We just dumped a running back, so why is it so strange that we'd sign another one and give him a shot - hasn't BB done that with a lot of players? The fact that this guy is a recent-ex-Jet with intel to give is just icing on the cake.

I think you're going a little overboard here, as if we signed the Jets' water boy. Woodhead is actually too experienced to be practice-squad eligible.

Last edited:

Does anyone here really think he is gonna stick?

Kevin Faulk says "Hi"

Years ago BB signed Sam Aiken who was cut by the Bills just before the Bills game. Aiken played here for several years thereafter, so who knows?

Last edited:
Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

LOL

I knew Pats fans would be spinning this

Do you really think the Jets would let go a "good player"

As usual, the insecurity and paranoia of the Patriot regime shine through, they even had to hide it, and wait until Saturday to do it.

Sad

Just like no team would let Welker go. Same type of player in my eyes, I pray I'm wrong though. Thank who ever you belive in I'm not a coach

By the way, the jetfan troll is RAY RAY and he whined all over Jetsinsider about CONTACTING THE LEAGUE OFFICE about this. A true embarrassment.

By the way, the jetfan troll is RAY RAY and he whined all over Jetsinsider about CONTACTING THE LEAGUE OFFICE about this. A true embarrassment.

Ha Ha! I was wondering if the "19" meant they number their fans, or whether that is just his age.

YES! I was rooting for him on Hard knocks haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents