PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

I'm not going to expect too much. If he works out and becomes a Faulk type back then I'll be over the moon but i really don't see why the Jets would let such a 'good' player go. I'll wait and see before getting over the moon about this.
His best skill is receiving, why would a team that cant throw the ball want to keep a guy to receive?
If you owned bullets but no gun, you would have no need for targets. Ultimately you would realize the bullets are useless too.

Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

Jets fans are extremely upset with this. Saying we now have 3 welkers haha. Looks like a good signing hope he sticks.

how quick is he????

no way he is a "waterbug" like Welker....

I hope I am wrong:)

To me....... this sign shows me Julian Edelman will be out for another week..... or perhaps multiple weeks :(

Any Math Majors, here?

I'm just wondering if there's a Formula to calculate the Fail Level of a SPECTACULARLY stupid roster move ~ cutting Faulk 2.0 so we could scoop him up for NOTHING ~ based upon the impotent, flailing trolling of bitter Jets fans? :D

Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

LOL

I knew Pats fans would be spinning this

Do you really think the Jets would let go a "good player"

As usual, the insecurity and paranoia of the Patriot regime shine through, they even had to hide it, and wait until Saturday to do it.

Sad

yes, because they are idiots. Hence the 42 year title drought. Have fun watching the Jests get dominated.

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Pats picked up that Bills WR that was just cut by them and after the game against them he was cut by us?

I see the same thing happening here,its a mind game we are playing with the Jets,Woodhead is a temporary guy.

Yeah, I've been driving myself nuts trying to think of that guy's name. Someone earlier in the thread said it was Aiken, but that's not who I'm thinking of.

I think Woodhead could go either way. The gamesmanship presumably doesn't hurt, but I've been on the lookout for a Faulk Jr. for a while, Woodhead could be a good fit.

Adalius Thomas seriously though ryan better leave Crable the eff alone.
I don't know why he isn't on our 53 yet there must be a agreement reached between Crable and Bill.

Last edited:

What was he making as a Jet?

Yeah, I've been driving myself nuts trying to think of that guy's name. Someone earlier in the thread said it was Aiken, but that's not who I'm thinking of.

I think Woodhead could go either way. The gamesmanship presumably doesn't hurt, but I've been on the lookout for a Faulk Jr. for a while, Woodhead could be a good fit.

I remember it was a first name like John or close to that nature...its bothering me too,I googled myself to death in vain trying to find out

Peter King tweet.......That's amazing, the Patriots signing, activating Danny Woodhead. That is a shot across Rex Ryan's bow--and he will give Belichick Jet dirt.

Jets offense is by no means complex.... I highly doubt any intel will come about b/c of his pressence.

Kevin O'Connell was a 3rd string QB....... he would and should know more about an offense than a hybrid RB/Slot WR.

stilll,,,,,,,,,, make Woodhead a captain and serve some poetic justice:D:D:D

LOL, too funny

So why did the Pats wait until after week 1 to release Murrell?

Can you biased homers be any more pathetic.

Woodhead is a nice scrappy player who plays his ass off, but doesn't have NFL level skill, he's tough, actually a great PS type of player because he can do a number of things on the scout team, he can catch, but stop trying to spin this into more than what it is, paranoid Bill needs all the intel he can get, he can't use his cameras anymore, so this is the next best thing.

Your board disagrees with you. Not only are you a troll, but you're an outcast troll. How awful.

Shameless homer

Woodhead will be released by mid-season

He'll play more than Vlad DuCasse

Throw up less than Joe McKnight

Catch more balls than David Clowney

.......and he fits inside Alge Crumpler's pocket

What's not to like????:singing:

Last edited:

His best skill is receiving, why would a team that cant throw the ball want to keep a guy to receive?
If you owned bullets but no gun, you would have no need for targets. Ultimately you would realize the bullets are useless too.

perfect analogy:singing::singing::singing:

:)

I understand why many of y'all can't conceive how a guy who was cut from a 53 man squad could possibly ever be an impact player...

But after the thousands of stories of guys who've been overlooked, over the decades ~ Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Johny Unitas are just three of THOUSANDS ~ it couldn't possibly be clearer:

Writing off a guy, just because somebody else cut him...is INSANE.

You...have heard...of Wes Welker...right??

I remember it was a first name like John or close to that nature...its bothering me too,I googled myself to death in vain trying to find out

Jonathan Smith!!! 2006.

Now why on Earth did we have trouble remembering a name like Jon Smith? :rolleyes:

I understand why many of y'all can't conceive how a guy who was cut from a 53 man squad could possibly ever be an impact player...

But after the thousands of stories of guys who've been overlooked, over the decades ~ Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Johny Unitas are just three of THOUSANDS ~ it couldn't possibly be clearer:

Writing off a guy, just because somebody else cut him...is INSANE.

You...have heard...of Wes Welker...right??

The odds are not very good when a player gets cut that he suddenly becomes an impact player on another team,even if its on a perrenial losing team...it can happen,but its not in the likely catagory

Just like saying you go and play the horses and bet on a 90-1 shot every race on a 10 race card...its possible that one of those 90-1s will win and you will make a nice buck,but its a longshot nonetheless

Jonathan Smith!!! 2006.

Now why on Earth did we have trouble remembering a name like Jon Smith? :rolleyes:

You're the man!!!!.....or in this case Woman!!!

Thanks for making my evening easier to cope with!

Last edited:

The odds are not very good when a player gets cut that he suddenly becomes an impact player on another team,even if its on a perrenial losing team...it can happen,but its not in the likely catagory

Just like saying you go and play the horses and bet on a 90-1 shot every race on a 10 race card...its possible that one of those 90-1s will win and you will make a nice buck,but its a longshot nonetheless

No kidding.

Nobody's saying that it usually happens.

You spun that notion out of thin air.

He'll play more than Vlad DuCasse

Throw up less than McKnight

Catch more balls than David Clowney

.......and he fits inside Alge Crumpler's pocket

What's not to like????:singing:

That was unkind!! :D

WHO said Impact Player? Nice strawperson.

I see the little Woody as the heir apparent to Kevin "What The?"" Faulk. Same size but Woody is faster. Let him learn from master Kevin. Our 3rd down back and PR of the remaining Brady era.

Last edited:

He's a midget. Might be a player, but he's a midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back