PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodhead is an athletic freak, ( speed ) running the 40 yard dash in 4.33 as well as (explosion) 38 1/2" vertical . His other times are equally as amazing, pro agility 4.03, with a 60 yard shuttle of 11.2

Even more amazing was his production at Division 2. ( 7,871 yards rushing for a 6.9 yard career average. Also had 119 career catches for 11.7 yard average. )
Huge Welker-like heart.

This kid could be gone by next week, or he could be around to replace Faulk as a third down back / depth receiver, in the future. 5'9" 200 Lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

Exactly. No chance.
Now we know why they waited.
Sanchez will need to relearn all of the calls, checks and audibles in the next 24 hours, whether we ask Woodhead a question or not.
Thats the beauty. There really is no information to glean that is very valuable, but the threat of it makes them change the calls at the 11th hour.

Any additional pressure even the slightest that can be put on The Sancheck will add to the probability and magnitude of his meltdown. Is it Sunday 4:15PM EDT yet?

I actually was impressed with that kid from what I saw of him on Hard Knocks. Glad to get him (aside from the added value of messing with the Jets' minds).

re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Peter King tweet.......That's amazing, the Patriots signing, activating Danny Woodhead. That is a shot across Rex Ryan's bow--and he will give Belichick Jet dirt.

In a preseason game in 2009, Woodhead rushed for 158 yards against the Eagles. That was the most yards rushed for in a NFL preseason game by anyone in the last 18 years.

Jets fans are extremely upset with this. Saying we now have 3 welkers haha. Looks like a good signing hope he sticks.

A workout warrior!

from wiki

Pre-draft
Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds).

Last edited:

people, this isnt Kevin O'Connell, this is a football player. He could conceivably stick around this season as a fifth running back.

I'll ignore the racism.

Folks are always looking for starters. We just signed a utility player who will be our #5 running back and our #6 receiver. Hopefully he can play special teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll ignore the racism.

Folks are always looking for starters. We just signed a utility player who will be our #5 running back and our #6 receiver. Hopefully he can play special teams.
Should be a viable returnman if/when he is active.

Hell yeah, called this one early in the week, glad to see it happened. I like the guy, and think he could play some role here long-term. I see him as a homeless man's Kevin Faulk, sorta. I dunno if he blocks nearly as well (hence the homeless man, because that's one of Faulk's greatest skills) but he makes up for not doing anything remarkably well by doing a lot of things competently. And physically, he has all the tools to develop into a hell of a player.

Last edited:

Let The (Head) Games Begin!

If he is that good, why did the Jesters release him, particularly when their QB needs all help? :confused:

I hope he stays around and this isn't just to screw with the Jets.

At 5'7, 200 pounds, being at a DII school, I like the adversity he has faced. In Hardknocks I remember Rex saying "Danny, he makes football plays, look at this little ****".

YouTube - Danny Woodhead New York Jets preseason highlights

He even has a highlight reel, albeit its preseason.

I'll ignore the racism.

This was an issue prior to the draft, so I'm not sure how there's something to 'ignore' here:

“One team I interviewed with asked me about being a white running back,” Gerhart says. “They asked if it made me feel entitled, or like I felt I was a poster child for white running backs. I said, ‘No, I’m just out there playing ball. I don’t think about that.’ I didn’t really know what to say.”

One longtime NFL scout insisted that Gerhart’s skin color will likely prevent the Pac-10’s offensive player of the year from being drafted in Thursday’s first round.

“He’ll be a great second-round pickup for somebody, but I guarantee you if he was the exact same guy – but he was black – he’d go in the first round for sure,” the scout said. “You could make a case that he’s a Steven Jackson-type – doesn’t have blazing speed but he’s strong and powerful and versatile.”

Race factors into evaluation of Gerhart - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I thought the lil' dude was very impressive on Hard Knocks - total heart kinda player with hopefully some chops..

Exactly. No chance.
Now we know why they waited.
Sanchez will need to relearn all of the calls, checks and audibles in the next 24 hours, whether we ask Woodhead a question or not.
Thats the beauty. There really is no information to glean that is very valuable, but the threat of it makes them change the calls at the 11th hour.
I wonder why BB waited so long. Maybe by signing him now the day before the game the jets obviously don't have much time to change up signals. If BB had signed him earlier in the week it would have been much easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft