PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Graham will not be back and will tear it up with his new team.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drop in production is because of Ben Watson's presence AND because Graham missed games.

I agree.

He's got some hurt shoulders. And so if it is a long-term contract that pays big bucks all the way up to 32 or 33, I think we are better off drafting a run-blocking TE

Let's see,Daniel Graham is one of the finest blocking Tight Ends in the NFL,We all can agree on that statement.The question You must ask is if Daniel Graham goes anywhere else,why would they look for Him to do anything different since every team needs guys to block "Edge Rushers"?It's very simple.He has a needed skill set.His best tools will be used.

Most of you guys are missunderstanding me. I never said the Pats should re-sign him. In fact, the Pats will be fine with Watson and Thomas. However, Watson has a lot of work to do. The Pats need to spend their money elsewhere, for example, Linebacker help. Also, one poster compared him to Dan Koppen. TE's are not meant to be offensive lineman. So I stand by what I said before, he has been underused in this offense. Yes, TE's help in run game, but Graham was basically used as a 6th O-lineman. What does that tell you about the O-line? A lot of you guys think the O-line is just fine, when in fact they get smacked around when left on an island against DE's. We can argue this untill the cows come home about their O-line but you are very naive if you think the Pats have a top notch O-line. The facts are, the offense had to keep Graham at the line of scrimmage to help out Matt Light and whoever was playing RT at the time to hide their blocking deficiencies all season long. Another reason why Brady was having a hard time making his progressions because he only had so many options. In the end, Graham will sign with a new team, and do very well for them. The Broncos would have been my prediction of where Graham lands but Sheffler looks like a really good player, in the mold of Dallas Clark. Seattle would be a great fit for him, they envolve their TE's a lot.

The Chad Jackson photos hurts your credibility, and so do posts like this. Graham is a good player, he adds a very physical presence and tough guy attitude to the line-up. He hands have improved and if he leaves he could become a 40-50 catch player but he is mired behind at least 1 other TE so his touches with NE will be limited.

We have lost a lot better players than Graham and he can be replaced. If he stays, great he is a solid player. If he leaves, thank you for your time and good luck.

How does a photo hurt your credibility? Because I'm a fan of Chad Jackson? He will also develop into a solid player but his potential will probably be handcuffed because the Pats offense doesn't like to showcase anyone.

You do realize that the reason he's "always had trouble staying on the field" is that he's always been asked to stay in and block because of how injured our tackles have been EVERY YEAR under Belichick. There hasn't been a year since Belichick came that haven't used FEWER than 4 Tackles. When you don't have that consistency and the tackles are needing that much help, Graham isn't going to be allowed to do a lot of receiving. And he gets hurt constantly going up against guys who have 30-50 lbs on him.

Bingo.

Lightweight and Kaczur were inconsistent, to be kind, all season, so Grahambo had to stay home to help bail them out. In fact, if Graham were not such a good blocker, his stats would be very comparable to The Bumbler's. And his shoulders would be healthier.

If I could dress only one TE, for one game, that TE would be Graham. Not even close. Now, is he worth keeping at a salary that some teams may offer him? Let's see what those offers are first.

Bingo.

Lightweight and Kaczur were inconsistent, to be kind, all season, so Grahambo had to stay home to help bail them out. In fact, if Graham were not such a good blocker, his stats would be very comparable to The Bumbler's. And his shoulders would be healthier.

If I could dress only one TE, for one game, that TE would be Graham. Not even close. Now, is he worth keeping at a salary that some teams may offer him? Let's see what those offers are first.

Alright! It's good that someone actually knows football. Others think that Graham is meant to be a blocker because that is what the "offense" requires. He blocks because the O-Line stinks! I could definitely see a correlation between him blocking and him getting injured. He is going up against D-Lineman that are a lot bigger than him.

Last edited:
For my money, I'd rather have Graham than Ben "Hanz-A-Stone" Watson!

You do realize that the reason he's "always had trouble staying on the field" is that he's always been asked to stay in and block because of how injured our tackles have been EVERY YEAR under Belichick. There hasn't been a year since Belichick came that haven't used FEWER than 4 Tackles. When you don't have that consistency and the tackles are needing that much help, Graham isn't going to be allowed to do a lot of receiving. And he gets hurt constantly going up against guys who have 30-50 lbs on him.

Good points my friend.

Bingo.

Lightweight and Kaczur were inconsistent, to be kind, all season, so Grahambo had to stay home to help bail them out.

That is true, to a point. But would you say that a little use of play action, on occasion, might have helped them out and freed Graham for more important routes, mainly on 3rd down and short, or deep in the red zone????

Granted, part of his lower production was due to the fact that they need him to block, but the non use of play action made it even more difficult for him, than easier.

Perhaps this might be part of the reason he, allegedly, wants to leave, to be much more involved in the offesne somewhere else where he feels he can contribute on the scoreboard and not in the trenches.

And, I cant say that I disagree with him if that is part of the reason.

Just to make it clear for everyone. The point of my thread is if I were Daniel Graham, I would leave. Graham has too much talent to be wasted on blocking. Sorry :snob:

That is true, to a point. But would you say that a little use of play action, on occasion, might have helped them out and freed Graham for more important routes, mainly on 3rd down and short, or deep in the red zone????

Play-action became more frequent towards the end of the season, although I would like to have seen Graham used more as a 3rd-down target; perhaps a Graham in motion/fake a wham block/run out to the flat would have been a better choice than eyeballing Troy Brown on 3rd and 4.

I would like to have seen Graham used more as a 3rd-down target; perhaps a Graham in motion/fake a wham block/run out to the flat would have been a better choice than eyeballing Troy Brown on 3rd and 4.

Exactly. You are very smart.

Last edited:
Graham will sign in Seattle. I believe Seattle wants him, and Graham likes the fact that his recieving skills will be better used there. He is behind Waston on the recieving charts in New England and will soon be number 3 behind Watson and Thomas.

Graham will sign in Seattle. I believe Seattle wants him, and Graham likes the fact that his recieving skills will be better used there. He is behind Waston on the recieving charts in New England and will soon be number 3 behind Watson and Thomas.

This is a very incorrect assumption on your part.
Graham would only move behind Thomas if Thomas showed that he could block as well as Graham.

Heck, I think that Watson should be more worried about Thomas than Graham.

That being said, I can see Graham going somewhere like Seattle and excelling. But I can almost guarantee that you will have schmucks on here complaining and asking "Why couldn't Graham do that here?"

That being said, I can see Graham going somewhere like Seattle and excelling. But I can almost guarantee that you will have schmucks on here complaining and asking "Why couldn't Graham do that here?"[/QUOTE]

* I doubt he'll have to help out Walter Jones as much as he did Matt Light. I'm not sure how good thier ORT Locklear is, but if Ashworth is playing, he'll feel right at home -:)

* I doubt he'll have to help out Walter Jones as much as he did Matt Light. I'm not sure how good thier ORT Locklear is, but if Ashworth is playing, he'll feel right at home -:)

Graham spent more time helping Ashworth, Gorin, Kaczur and O'Callaghan than he did Light.

Last edited:
This is a very incorrect assumption on your part.
Graham would only move behind Thomas if Thomas showed that he could block as well as Graham.

Heck, I think that Watson should be more worried about Thomas than Graham.

That being said, I can see Graham going somewhere like Seattle and excelling. But I can almost guarantee that you will have schmucks on here complaining and asking "Why couldn't Graham do that here?"

So its an incorrect assumption that Graham will sign in Seattle. Yet you believe he may sign in Seattle.

So its an incorrect assumption that Thomas may take his place. Yet you admit he may take his place.

Graham could never been a great reciever here because he was never given the chance.

BTW I say he will sign in Seattle. You seem to know whats going on, so tell us where does Graham sign in 2007?

Last edited:
Isn't the bottom line that Seattle wants him and that he likely want to go to Seattle. Who thinks that anything the pats offer will entice Graham to stay?

Isn't the bottom line that Seattle wants him and that he likely want to go to Seattle. Who thinks that anything the pats offer will entice Graham to stay?

Why bother to take Graham's feeling's into this? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft