PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Graham will not be back and will tear it up with his new team.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its an incorrect assumption that Graham will sign in Seattle. Yet you believe he may sign in Seattle.

So its an incorrect assumption that Thomas may take his place. Yet you admit he may take his place.

Graham could not have done that here because he was never given the chance.

BTW I say he will sign in Seattle. You seem to know whats going on, so tell us where does Graham sign in 2007?

It was an incorrect assumption on your part that Graham would be behind Watson and Thomas were he to stay on this team. THAT was the incorrect assumption you made.

As for knowing what is going on, what I see going on is a schmuck talking out his rear end because he's got nothing else better to do.

If Graham stays, Graham will be the #1 or #2 TE on the team.

yes he will be a starter and best guess we will see him twice a year in a Jet uniform

There may be no decision for the pats to make. Graham is a free agent. If he wants to go, he can go. This situation is similar to Mason's a couple of years ago. BECAUSE he didn't get franchised, Graham can make his decision on any basis he wants, including how he feels about going to Seattle.

Why bother to take Graham's feeling's into this? :D

It was an incorrect assumption on your part that Graham would be behind Watson and Thomas were he to stay on this team. THAT was the incorrect assumption you made.

As for knowing what is going on, what I see going on is a schmuck talking out his rear end because he's got nothing else better to do.

If Graham stays, Graham will be the #1 or #2 TE on the team.

How the Fu k done you know what BIll and Scott are thinking?

Oh wait, you don't.

How the Fu k done you know what BIll and Scott are thinking?

Oh wait, you don't.

Listen. Either stop drinking or go away because you are being clueless. No one said ANYTHING about knowing what BB and Pioli are thinking. What I DO know is that Graham is a better talent than Thomas, at this time. Both in BLOCKING and in RECEIVING. Hence, Graham, if he were to return, wouldn't lose his starting job to Thomas.

Listen. Either stop drinking or go away because you are being clueless. No one said ANYTHING about knowing what BB and Pioli are thinking. What I DO know is that Graham is a better talent than Thomas, at this time. Both in BLOCKING and in RECEIVING. Hence, Graham, if he were to return, wouldn't lose his starting job to Thomas.

And I know that the Patriots like Graham so much that they made him a Captain this year. Whats your point? Thomas was a rookie that showed good blocking skills and great recieving skills. Is Graham better than Thomas? Is Watson better than Graham? Like you know :rolleyes:

And I know that the Patriots like Graham so much that they made him a Captain this year. Whats your point? Thomas was a rookie that showed good blocking skills and great recieving skills. Is Graham better than Thomas? Is Watson better than Graham? Like you know :rolleyes:

The Shadow Knows....hehehehehe

Last edited:

You need some serious help. DaB was right. Put down the beer.

Yikes...late night rigamarole, no?

Anyway, I think if he doesn't sign here, he ends up in New Orleans.

He's always had trouble staying on the field, and now he has two bum shoulders. Plus, he's 28, which isn't that old, but if you sign him to a four or five year deal you are still paying him big money when he is 32 or 33 and not even playing half a season. I love what the guy has done for us, but I don't think its smart for the Pats to lock money up in him long term, especially given that we are fairly well off at the position even without him.

I'll wish him luck and will root for him next year, as long he doesn't go to a division rival, or the Broncos.

Isnt Tony Gonzales like 50?

Graham spent more time helping Ashworth, Gorin, Kaczur and O'Callaghan than he did Light.

* True enough but he probably wouldn't have to help out Jones at all.

It is one of the downsides of pro football nowadays that you have to see some of your favorite players leave.

Graham will sign in Seattle. I believe Seattle wants him, and Graham likes the fact that his recieving skills will be better used there. He is behind Waston on the recieving charts in New England and will soon be number 3 behind Watson and Thomas.

If you are so certain about this, perhaps you could shed some light as to what the Patriots are planning.. that way we could all stop wasting so much time on figuring out what our team is trying to do.

See a lot of posts commenting on his receiving skills are not used well, don't get that.. blocking is a big part of the game, should not be minimized as this team is built in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Minimizing his role in this and then being a receiving threat makes his valuable to this team. To feature him as a receiver is about as stupid as wanting to sign a big name receiver who will "stretch the defense" or a "shut down corner".

We are not minimizing the importance of blocking. It is Graham that would prefer to be on a team that would use him more as a receiving TE. Since he is a free agent, he will get that wish, probably in the next few weeks. Being a blocking TE reduces your compensation, as well shortening your career, not a good combination.

If you are so certain about this, perhaps you could shed some light as to what the Patriots are planning.. that way we could all stop wasting so much time on figuring out what our team is trying to do.

See a lot of posts commenting on his receiving skills are not used well, don't get that.. blocking is a big part of the game, should not be minimized as this team is built in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Minimizing his role in this and then being a receiving threat makes his valuable to this team. To feature him as a receiver is about as stupid as wanting to sign a big name receiver who will "stretch the defense" or a "shut down corner".

Being a blocking TE reduces your compensation, as well shortening your career, not a good combination.

I like Graham, but have never seen anything that would convince me that he is a big time receiver.. he seems to be more of a blocker who is a receiver, rather than vice versa. There is no guarantee that whereever he would go to be a "featured" receiver. I would prefer a TE of this type on this team, as we need to protect Brady 1st.

Do you have anything to back up it shortens your career statement, not sure how you quantify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back