PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Fouts: Tom Brady gets special treatment from refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does quarterbacks get special treatments from the refs? Well sure they do.
Does pocket Quarterbacks get more special treatments from the refs than qbs who can run some. They sure do.

Is TB a QB, well I believe he is. Is he a pocket qb, well he sure is. That is why he gets special treatment. Not because he is TB, but because owners do not want franchise qbs hurt, it is bad for business, and NFL is a business.

Dan Fouts?

Really?

LAMONT.gif

Bravo, that is a magnum opus of research. You should be the one with the sportswriting job, not these hacks and mediots who incessantly whine based upon incorrect facts.

Here are some stats for Dan Fouts. I took the time to investigate just a little bit about the topic to realize that TB doesn't get as over-protected as many people think.

2010-12 Patriots offense
Over the last 3 seasons (2010-12), the Patriots have enjoyed the best offensive peak ever by a team: 1588 points, breaking the record held by the 1999-01 Rams. In that span, Brady had a 109/24 TD-INT ratio, with an 1.4 INT% and the 2nd most passing yds with 13,962. Now that's "effective", right?

Referees "protecting" Brady
Over the same period, the Pats were beneficiated with only 5 roughing the passer penalties on their favor. That is the 4th (tied) least amount in the league. NFL teams averaged 3 per season from 2010-12, while we only had 5.

Earlier this year I had no idea who Dan Fouts was (I'm only 18) and just minutes into the Pats/Seahawks game I realized how BAD the announcing was. So I learned of who the guys' names were and most notably, it was this Dan Fouts guy who I instantly hated. He later did the second Pats/Bills game and he got on my nerves again. HATE HATE HATE this guy. He's always said the dumbest things during the game and this new statement from his just proves how much of an idiot he is and made me hate him even more.

Dude looks like a retired lumberjack not a quarterback

Last edited:
Fouts is just jealous of Brady. Simple as that. He can relate to Peyton because of his all-stats/no-rings career.

,,,, And just when you thought your head couldn't explode again you have this.....
Felger had the betrayer also known as Steve DeOssie on his 11pm show last night and asked him about the comments by Fouts that Brady got special treatment by the refs. To which, DeOssie replied "of course he does' :eek: ....and then went on to explain that with all the new rules all QB's are over protected by the refs.

I mean these guys are getting PAID to pass on misinformation. How can that be said when they have access to the same information that Josh does. :mad: Anyone who knows how to reach Felger should flood is inbox with copies of Josh's post. "5 times in 3 years". "4th LEAST"
WTF-

,,,, And just when you thought your head couldn't explode again you have this.....
Felger had the betrayer also known as Steve DeOssie on his 11pm show last night and asked him about the comments by Fouts that Brady got special treatment by the refs. To which, DeOssie replied "of course he does' :eek: ....and then went on to explain that with all the new rules all QB's are over protected by the refs.

I mean these guys are getting PAID to pass on misinformation. How can that be said when they have access to the same information that Josh does. :mad: Anyone who knows how to reach Felger should flood is inbox with copies of Josh's post. "5 times in 3 years". "4th LEAST"
WTF-
"...special treatment" and "...all QBs are over protected" are, by definition, contradictory. If it's "special" how can it be provided to "all?" One would think that a guy (Felger) who constantly claims his statements are "fact, not opinion" would, indeed, check his facts in this area (as Josh did) and include them in his segment with DeOssie. I'm guessing he didn't.

As always, my signature applies to many of these mediots (unless you don't get the sarcasm in the statement) :)

WTF-

Heard those twin dopes spewing their dumb crap and had the same reaction:
Can't you two idiots read? Don't you have pretty little things who can read for you? Here (INSERT JOSH'S POST). Don't know how pretty he is, but this guy sure can read. Read what he has to say and use it. You might even sound like you have a brain.

"...special treatment" and "...all QBs are over protected" are, by definition, contradictory. If it's "special" how can it be provided to "all?" One would think that a guy (Felger) who constantly claims his statements are "fact, not opinion" would, indeed, check his facts in this area (as Josh did) and include them in his segment with DeOssie. I'm guessing he didn't.

Defenders get the same level of protection, as do WRs. In fact, RBs are the only defenseless players out there.

It's illegal to leg whip a defender, chop block, crack back, etc. They are protected too.

It's so sad that these idiots spew this garbage but really just have no clue, which in turn everyone outside Pats fans think it must be fact. I'd bet Brady is top 5 in the league of getting hit late without it being called.

Newsflash: ALL mega-stars get prefencial treatement from refs, umpires, etc.

Newsflash: ALL mega-stars get prefencial treatement from refs, umpires, etc.

You might want to go back and read that statistics that Josh posted. They pretty much refute that argument.

Listened to Dan Fouts radio call of the game last night(Jim Nantz makes me wan't to throw things) and have to give credit where credit is due. He played it straight and just called the game. No excessive Ray Lewis round sphere sanitizing, and no back handed comments about Brady in an otherwise lousy game for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft