PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Marshall Faulk not over being cheated out of Super Bowl victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Faulk is still bitter all of these years later, makes me appreciate SB36 that much more.

images

I think BB subscribed to the whole "They doth protest too much" thing that would have been going around had he held press conferences detailing just how little taping mattered and how/why you do it, etc. etc. I can see his point. If it wasn't this, it would be something else, eg. Tuck Rule.

I do love that Faulk is so bothered by this. But what a baby. This makes him sound so weak. I'd love to see a Faulk-McGinest confrontation.

Faulk Faulk.

... Let's be honest, in 2001 this team made a lot of controversy with the tuck rule game and there was a large segment of the population that thought the Raiders got screwed so people were looking for an excuse to discredit the Patriots since then. Add in 2 more Superbowls, beating the leagues poster child twice and the loud mouthed Steelers twice along the way in the playoffs, and then throw in Spygate and you have a perfect storm of media and annoying but large fan bases who finally have their reasoning behind the Patriots success. ...

One more element to add to your Perfect Storm: The Modern Media Age. The Patriots are not only the first dominant team of the Salary Cap Era, they're the first of the Internet Era, where off the cuff opinions can get thrown about and catch a wave of hostility quicker than they ever could.

He can pound sand. The New England Patriots stopped the greatest show on turf and won their first Superbowl. Can't take it away..........

Ex-Ram Faulk feels 'cheated' by loss - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

jaws and schlereth react. Funny. schlereth was so anti pats in 2007 when the tapes came out ."They can take the tapes in halftime or between plays and adjust!" .Now he has totally flipped maybe with tedy's presence.

Yeah Schlereth's about face there is comical and he's also entirely correct, the Rams lost that game because they didn't adjust and run at the Pats nickel coverage, instead they had Warner drop back 47 times which resulted in 2 INT's and a fumble that were good for 17 of our 20 points. Faulk needs to blame Martz for that game more than anyone else. I almost want to go down to media row this weekend and see if I bump into him so I can say it to his face.

Tremendous off-season thread, ladies and gentlemen! Entertaining and a perfect repository for everyone's frustration and disappointment.

Hey, Ian. Can we start a Marshall Faulk Sucks (merged many times) thread?

The Jets suck thread got monotonous to the point where it became like playing Pong, especially when Woody and Rex just kept doing things that were more pathetic than curiously idiotic. Marshall Faulk is sort of a curiously idiotic savant.

That Super Bowl was situational football at its finest.

The Rams had way more passing yards and even ran it decently at 22 carries for 90 yards

They just kept stalling drives after crossing midfield, and when coupled with two costly INTs, they basically piled up empty yards all day. They started making them count in the 4th quarter once down 17-3, but their earlier mistakes didn't really give them a chance to win unless we didn't score again.

Sounds like the Pats in the AFCCG, except the INTs didn't come until the game was just about out of hand.

Yeah it's pretty hilarious that Faulk is still butt hurt about this. I wonder if NFLN has to keep Willie and Marshall separated.

Ironically, many are Steelers fans. Of course, they will tell you that steroid use by the 70s Steelers was okay because steroids weren't outlawed until the 80s. They have no problem believing that a memo issued in 2006 is retroactive, though.

The Pennsylvania fan contingent of the Miserable (Steelers & Eagles) are just about the absolute worst in this regard when it comes to Cameragate brick-throwing and crybaby whining (the Arlen Specter effect, perhaps?) Colts fans are/were pretty bad, too. So hypocritically holier-than-thou it was/is disgusting. :mad:

And, of course, there's Jets fans too, but that's par for the course there. :bricks:

He's had 5 years to understand (let's face it explained to him) what Camergate was rather than act like an idiot with his head stuck in the sand.

It feels strange to give someone credit for not being a complete ******* idiot, but I guess that's the state of sports commentary. Props to Schlereth for actually learning stuff.

I love Willie McGinest's rebuttal:

If we HAD cheated, we would have won in a blowout.

If i have one complaint about the pats is the absolute miserable PR job they did by not responding to any of it. They dont care for the national media or what they say and its understandable but pats fans have to keep hearing this forever. Its the unfortunate truth.

As time passes, the one thing I lament is the poor PR job that this team has done on these types of issues.. they just take what these twitter loving jackazzes put out there.

They're kind of the Israel of the NFL that way...

The fact that Faulk (and Kurt Warner) continue to bring this up speaks volumes about flaws in their character and an inability to accept reality. Eleven years later and he still has not accepted the defeat, instead focusing on a need to justify why he and his team did not win with a whiny excuse is pathetic. For them to hold on to this, for this long is pitiful, and an indication that both are in dire need of psychological help.

I don't watch that much of the boob tube, but every time I've seen Warner asked about that game he's been respectful.

Faulk, and players from other past victims, are so bitter that I expect to see them break down at any moment when they talk about losing to the Pats. I consider that to be one of the added perks of having our team win a SB.

The Pats knocked the snot out of the Rams that day, especially Marshall Faulk. He couldn't go anywhere without being knocked on his ass.

You ought to email this to that sore a##ed, dunkin donut munchkin headed piece of dog *****!!!!!!!! Very Good post....spells out everything pretty clearly

play-by-play:

USATODAY.com - Super Bowl XXXVI play-by-play

1 redzone possession for StL, 1 TD.

All 3rd down stops by NE for the entire game:

3rd and 18 from the SL 49: K.Warner pass to M.Faulk to NE 40 for 11 yards. Punt.

3rd and 3 from the NE 32: K.Warner pass incomplete to R. Proehl. made FG

3rd and 5 from the NE 34: K.Warner pass incomplete to A.Hakim. FG missed.

3rd and 1 from the 50: K.Warner pass incomplete to R.Proehl. Punt

3rd and 17 from the NE 48: K.Warner pass incomplete. Punt

3rd and 5 from the NE 45: K.Warner pass intended for T.Holt INTERCEPTED by O.Smith at NE 37. O.Smith to SL 33 for 30 yards.

3rd and 20 from the NE 49: K.Warner pass incomplete to T.Holt (O.Smith)

summary:
one 3rd down stopped by INT
three stopped, as expected, on 3rd and 17 or more yards
two stopped on 3rd and 5 attempts (a distance that favors the D)

So it would seem that the two 3rd and short incompletions to Proehl were really the Rams only really good 3rd down shots at keeping a drive alive. Making two stops is cheating. OK. Or maybe you can run it on 3rd and 1 from midfield, you pansy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST