PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Culpepper is DANGEROUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If your life depends on his accuracy you will die! He looks really bad. I cannot believe how inaccurate his passes are. He had very happy feet in the pocket. The dolphins will not win the division with this qb. He is lucky he didnt have more picks tonight.

Am I imagining this or did some Dolphin fool post a thread comparing Culpepper to Tom Brady? This guy is a washed up, over-hyped dog.

culpepper sucks

Digger44 said:
If your life depends on his accuracy you will die! He looks really bad. I cannot believe how inaccurate his passes are. He had very happy feet in the pocket. The dolphins will not win the division with this qb. He is lucky he didnt have more picks tonight.
nothing new... he sucked in Minn once they dumped moss

Whatever "it" is, Culpepper doesn't have it. The guy is a bum, I'm sorry.

At one time I though that Culpep/Moss was a good 50/50 combo. I was so wrong. It was 25/85 Moss. If not more.

No Moss, no mas ;)

I don't think all of this criticism is fair. Culpepper before he got hurt had some of the greatest seasons any quarterback has ever had. Moss or no Moss, it takes talent to throw 39 touchdowns. He's big, strong, and MOST of the time he's been an accurate passer.

What I saw tonight was a completely different player. His mechanics were terrible. On the first interception he was throwing off the back foot; same with the throw into the end zone that Taylor should have picked off. And he couldn't run at all. Imagine Michael Vick having to adjust to not being able to run; this is a tough adjustment for this guy.

He looked bad tonight, but you have to chalk some of that up to injury and confidence. The pre-injury Daunte Culpepper was a hell of a player. It's a little early to write him off.

Ungeheuer said:
I don't think all of this criticism is fair. Culpepper before he got hurt had some of the greatest seasons any quarterback has ever had. Moss or no Moss, it takes talent to throw 39 touchdowns. He's big, strong, and MOST of the time he's been an accurate passer.

What I saw tonight was a completely different player. His mechanics were terrible. On the first interception he was throwing off the back foot; same with the throw into the end zone that Taylor should have picked off. And he couldn't run at all. Imagine Michael Vick having to adjust to not being able to run; this is a tough adjustment for this guy.

He looked bad tonight, but you have to chalk some of that up to injury and confidence. The pre-injury Daunte Culpepper was a hell of a player. It's a little early to write him off.

Actually, i think you are off on a few things. Dante's decline didn't start with this injury. It started about the end of his 2004 season. Yes he had 39 tds that year, but he should have been the same qb at the beginning of the 05 season. He wasn't even close. Why? Moss, Moss, Moss. It wasn't that he lost 500 yards passing, his percentages flushed, his decision were bad, and he couldn't think through a game.

When I saw him 2nite, the brain wasn't there. Physically, he looked great. Thin (255) and little to no limp. His play 2nite was not an injury rust. something is wrong.

Kerry Collins > Culpepper

Ceresco said:
Kerry Collins > Culpepper

Well more to the point.

Charlie Batch > Culpepper

This guy looks washed up. Looks like my statistical analysis was right on about Culpepper declining into mediocrity.

Culpepper IS dangerous... to the Dolphins playoff hopes. And to the state of modern quarterbacking.

Digger44 said:
Actually, i think you are off on a few things. Dante's decline didn't start with this injury. It started about the end of his 2004 season. Yes he had 39 tds that year, but he should have been the same qb at the beginning of the 05 season. He wasn't even close. Why? Moss, Moss, Moss. It wasn't that he lost 500 yards passing, his percentages flushed, his decision were bad, and he couldn't think through a game.

When I saw him 2nite, the brain wasn't there. Physically, he looked great. Thin (255) and little to no limp. His play 2nite was not an injury rust. something is wrong.

lets not forget one thing
his whole career (well not his rookie year, but he didnt throw a pass his rookie year) he had one offensive coordinator-scott linehan, who was actually in miami last year, too bad for miami that he went to the rams this year

a new off coordinator and no moss were his downfall
i was VERY unimpressed with culpepper tonight
and i see him prob havin a bad year

BUT, i do see him bouncing back if he and the team are patient with him prob next year, not to the qb he was a couple years ago, but better than he was last year

VJCPatriot said:
Well more to the point.

Charlie Batch > Culpepper

This guy looks washed up. Looks like my statistical analysis was right on about Culpepper declining into mediocrity.

dont insult Batch, he did what he had to do tonight.
Patrick Ramsey > Culpepper

Looked like the same guy in tonight's game that we all saw last year. Inaccurate, staring down his #1 WR, throwing balls up for grabs, etc.

He was awful on every level imaginable.

You guys are ridiculous. Good god, 1 game and you are putting out his fire already. He really didn't do that bad. He had a couple of under throws and forced two passes late in the game when he could illafford to take sacks. He will bounce back.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You guys are ridiculous. Good god, 1 game and you are putting out his fire already. He really didn't do that bad. He had a couple of under throws and forced two passes late in the game when he could illafford to take sacks. He will bounce back.

pahaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaa. wow you didnt watch the same game we did. he put out his own fire. paaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa

dhamz said:
Looked like the same guy in tonight's game that we all saw last year. Inaccurate, staring down his #1 WR, throwing balls up for grabs, etc.

He was awful on every level imaginable.

we was def staring down jus one guy wayyyyyy too much, ala bledsoe

Digger44 said:

My God... he certainly didn't look "great" physically. Not one good run, and did you see the outs he was throwing? He was just floating them out there, couldn't plant with his front foot at all. Does anyone here remember the healthy Culpepper? The guy had a cannon arm. Threw a good deep ball and a GREAT out. Culpepper tonight was just floating them out there -- he really should have had two of those sideline patterns picked. It was almost like he couldn't reach the sideline without lofting the ball. Definitely not the same guy.

Ungeheuer said:
My God... he certainly didn't look "great" physically. Not one good run, and did you see the outs he was throwing? He was just floating them out there, couldn't plant with his front foot at all. Does anyone here remember the healthy Culpepper? The guy had a cannon arm. Threw a good deep ball and a GREAT out. Culpepper tonight was just floating them out there -- he really should have had two of those sideline patterns picked. It was almost like he couldn't reach the sideline without lofting the ball. Definitely not the same guy.

actually he looked to be in great shape and didnt limp. what is the last time you saw him that thin? after a surgery like that i expected him to be chubby, but he was fit. i wasnt talking about his mechanics or accuracy issues. he has worked hard to get back onto the field. you cant criticize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST