Welcome to PatsFans.com

Culpepper is DANGEROUS

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Digger44, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If your life depends on his accuracy you will die! He looks really bad. I cannot believe how inaccurate his passes are. He had very happy feet in the pocket. The dolphins will not win the division with this qb. He is lucky he didnt have more picks tonight.
  2. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Am I imagining this or did some Dolphin fool post a thread comparing Culpepper to Tom Brady? This guy is a washed up, over-hyped dog.
  3. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

culpepper sucks
  4. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

nothing new... he sucked in Minn once they dumped moss
  5. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Whatever "it" is, Culpepper doesn't have it. The guy is a bum, I'm sorry.
  6. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

At one time I though that Culpep/Moss was a good 50/50 combo. I was so wrong. It was 25/85 Moss. If not more.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

No Moss, no mas ;)
  8. Ungeheuer

Ungeheuer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think all of this criticism is fair. Culpepper before he got hurt had some of the greatest seasons any quarterback has ever had. Moss or no Moss, it takes talent to throw 39 touchdowns. He's big, strong, and MOST of the time he's been an accurate passer.

What I saw tonight was a completely different player. His mechanics were terrible. On the first interception he was throwing off the back foot; same with the throw into the end zone that Taylor should have picked off. And he couldn't run at all. Imagine Michael Vick having to adjust to not being able to run; this is a tough adjustment for this guy.

He looked bad tonight, but you have to chalk some of that up to injury and confidence. The pre-injury Daunte Culpepper was a hell of a player. It's a little early to write him off.
  9. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Actually, i think you are off on a few things. Dante's decline didn't start with this injury. It started about the end of his 2004 season. Yes he had 39 tds that year, but he should have been the same qb at the beginning of the 05 season. He wasn't even close. Why? Moss, Moss, Moss. It wasn't that he lost 500 yards passing, his percentages flushed, his decision were bad, and he couldn't think through a game.

When I saw him 2nite, the brain wasn't there. Physically, he looked great. Thin (255) and little to no limp. His play 2nite was not an injury rust. something is wrong.
  10. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kerry Collins > Culpepper
  11. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

Well more to the point.

Charlie Batch > Culpepper

This guy looks washed up. Looks like my statistical analysis was right on about Culpepper declining into mediocrity.
  12. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Culpepper IS dangerous... to the Dolphins playoff hopes. And to the state of modern quarterbacking.
  13. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

lets not forget one thing
    his whole career (well not his rookie year, but he didnt throw a pass his rookie year) he had one offensive coordinator-scott linehan, who was actually in miami last year, too bad for miami that he went to the rams this year

a new off coordinator and no moss were his downfall
    i was VERY unimpressed with culpepper tonight
    and i see him prob havin a bad year

BUT, i do see him bouncing back if he and the team are patient with him prob next year, not to the qb he was a couple years ago, but better than he was last year
  14. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

dont insult Batch, he did what he had to do tonight.
    Patrick Ramsey > Culpepper
  15. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Looked like the same guy in tonight's game that we all saw last year. Inaccurate, staring down his #1 WR, throwing balls up for grabs, etc.

He was awful on every level imaginable.
  16. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You guys are ridiculous. Good god, 1 game and you are putting out his fire already. He really didn't do that bad. He had a couple of under throws and forced two passes late in the game when he could illafford to take sacks. He will bounce back.
  17. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

pahaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaa. wow you didnt watch the same game we did. he put out his own fire. paaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa
  18. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

we was def staring down jus one guy wayyyyyy too much, ala bledsoe
  19. Ungeheuer

Ungeheuer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My God... he certainly didn't look "great" physically. Not one good run, and did you see the outs he was throwing? He was just floating them out there, couldn't plant with his front foot at all. Does anyone here remember the healthy Culpepper? The guy had a cannon arm. Threw a good deep ball and a GREAT out. Culpepper tonight was just floating them out there -- he really should have had two of those sideline patterns picked. It was almost like he couldn't reach the sideline without lofting the ball. Definitely not the same guy.
  20. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

actually he looked to be in great shape and didnt limp. what is the last time you saw him that thin? after a surgery like that i expected him to be chubby, but he was fit. i wasnt talking about his mechanics or accuracy issues. he has worked hard to get back onto the field. you cant criticize that.