PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Culpepper is DANGEROUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, in the first 50 minutes of the game, Daunte was pretty good. The Steelers made a great play on defense to get one pick and then he forced one pass when the Fins needed a play. I don't see how you generate these crazy conclusions from 10 minutes of football.

Pep was good in the first 50 min is true as he had no preassure in the pocket or

mentally. When crunch time came Pep didn't follow.

Sorry, just an honest observation of the game.

First read with protection Pep is good, after that it's 50-50, maybe.

I think you guys are being thick headed about culpepper. Im a die hard patriots fan and i bleed blue and red but Culpepper is a good qb. He isn't 100% no matter what anybody tells you. His knee probably wont be back to where he wants it til half way through the season.

I live in Chicago and i saw alot of his vikings games and Im not going to disrespect Culpepper and say he sucks when I know he's a good qb.

He just isn't anywhere near Tom Brady. You guys can flame me now if you like but these are just my opinions.

*edit* Plus i really was impressed when he moved around in the pocket to avoid pressure and hit that big pass to Booker in the 3rd quarter. Thats the Culpepper i expect in the future. *edit*

Last edited:
s0ad05 said:
I think you guys are being thick headed about culpepper. Im a die hard patriots fan and i bleed blue and red but Culpepper is a good qb. He isn't 100% no matter what anybody tells you. His knee probably wont be back to where he wants it til half way through the season.

I live in Chicago and i saw alot of his vikings games and Im not going to disrespect Culpepper and say he sucks when I know he's a good qb.

He just isn't anywhere near Tom Brady. You guys can flame me now if you like but these are just my opinions.

*edit* Plus i really was impressed when he moved around in the pocket to avoid pressure and hit that big pass to Booker in the 3rd quarter. Thats the Culpepper i expect in the future. *edit*

before the game someone, mighta been sharpe, mighta been deion(watched too many channels before the game lol) said that the injury takes two years to fully heal
so, do with it as you may

I wouldn't be shocked with that but Culpepper has made big strides in his recovery. I dont think it will take a full two years but maybe a year an a half through this entire 06 season.

C'mon, let's be fair guys, Daunte Culpepper is not as terrible as he looked tonight. He faced a great Steelers defense on their home turf, and it's his first full game playing with a new team with high expectations. He still has what I believe to be a better arsenal of weapons on offense at his disposal than he did in Minnesota a year ago. He will have better days and the Dolphins will be better for it.

With that said...

Part of what made him such a deadly QB to face every week was that he could gun it to Randy Moss at any time, and if that weren't an option, he was a major threat running the ball. A dual threat with an arm to get his man down field. He doesn't have that same mobility this year, and while Chambers is a tremendous vertical threat, he's not in the same class as Randy Moss (as many Dolphins fans would like you to believe). Moss is a unique talent and has a 5-inch height advantage on Chambers. That, and Culpepper has a tendency to be careless with the football (124 turnovers in 81 career regular-season games).

Culpepper is a freak...he needs direction, but if he has THE guy he can always depend on for positive yardage
, he can be one of the greatest power QB 'sin league history

I'm die hard Grogan...that's my mindset.I'm proud of it...and I'll back down from no man...but I gotta teell you guys...I think Saban has made a fundamental offensive set mistake. I can't stand Mc Michael...big mouth, hyper critical...but I can't see hoW YOU CAN GAMEPLAN STOPPING mC miKE MAKING SEVEN TO TEN YARD GAINS THAT MOVE THE CHAIN.WHAT??? Where was he tonight? Look I hate the phiuns with a 40 year passion..Mc Mike is easily ahatable Phin...but I ain't no dope...Mc Mike is a 100 times tougher and easily a bigmouth thta can back it up...What the hell happened? THey got beat by Batch? and Mc Mike was a total non facto...jezus thta's a real bad coaching game plam

I have to admit..it looks like if we get home field, we GO BOWL AGAIM

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You guys are ridiculous. Good god, 1 game and you are putting out his fire already.

Sorry, as far as he goes, it is not 1 game. This was the same type of performance he gave last year.

And you are kidding yourself if you think he played well for 50 minutes. He was missing open guys, he was forcing the ball to Chambers, and he seemed to not have enough zip to throw the out patterns consistently. The Steelers had him picked several times but dropped the ball including 1 in the end zone that was a decision/throw that would embarass Aaron Brooks.

His mechanics looked all messed up. During crunch time, he wasn't stepping into his throws and was putting too much air under the ball. Not sure if this is injury related or just the way he throws it...but from my vantage point...he was throwing off his back foot and muscling the ball forward.

Ungeheuer said:
I don't think all of this criticism is fair. Culpepper before he got hurt had some of the greatest seasons any quarterback has ever had. Moss or no Moss, it takes talent to throw 39 touchdowns. He's big, strong, and MOST of the time he's been an accurate passer.

What I saw tonight was a completely different player. His mechanics were terrible. On the first interception he was throwing off the back foot; same with the throw into the end zone that Taylor should have picked off. And he couldn't run at all. Imagine Michael Vick having to adjust to not being able to run; this is a tough adjustment for this guy.

He looked bad tonight, but you have to chalk some of that up to injury and confidence. The pre-injury Daunte Culpepper was a hell of a player. It's a little early to write him off.

I'm sorry to disagree with you on this one but, Culpepper has never been a great QB. He's had some very impressive years statistically but has NEVER produced in a big game. Last year the Vikes were picked to be a playoff (some thought SB) team. It was also his first year without Moss and he was absolutely terrible. He was so bad the six games leading up to his (BEFORE) injury. People forget about that stretch, they just make excuses like he's coming off and injury.

Bottom line is he is horrible when the game was on the line, I'm not surprised!

Good luck Fin's, you still have a great chance of making the SB (LMAO)!

Culpepper will end up on IR and like I've said before....
You had better not run your WR's in the middle.
We will put Chambers, McMichael or Booker on IR too-Oct. 8th.

You thought the Steelers laid good licks?...We're gonna win the division on Oct.8th and finally prove that its all hype.
Let the critics talk...
Then its Denver and Indy

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You guys are ridiculous. Good god, 1 game and you are putting out his fire already. He really didn't do that bad. He had a couple of under throws and forced two passes late in the game when he could illafford to take sacks. He will bounce back.
Meanwhile, the Miami Dolphins will be enjoying the AFC Playoffs from their usual vantage point, AT HOME BY THE TELE!

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot to mention that Culpepper has a habit of locking in on receivers. He's not going to survive playing against the Patriots playing like that.

There are not many difference-makers at NFL QB these days. Culpepper ain't one of them.

He's, in the past, been a guy that can be tough in a situation that's good for him. But he's never really shown the ability to step up and really make a difference. He didn't look good last night, but he's not a *bad* QB (unless his mobility really is gone ... then he's no good, imo). He's just not a guy who can change the complexion of a team all by himself.

Which is what most Dolphins fans and national pundits seem to think, that he can make that kind of difference ... before Culpepper, the Dolphins were a solid team in that large mix of teams that could win from 7-9 games, 10 if they get lucky and have an easy schedule, 6 if they get really hurt by an injury run. After Culpepper, that's still what the Dolphins are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News