PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C's vs Heat

KG's postgame interview was priceless...

He's going with the hipster style. Those are actually pretty common, believe it or not.

That's fine - if it works for Brady and Jay-Z, I'm not going to argue with it...but those guys at least had lenses in...

As for the Heat in general, no offense Kontra, but I find this team increasingly unlikeable. As if I didn't already. Where I'll grant you Pierce is a flopper and Perk was a whiner, it seems like the entire team Heat has a sense of entitlement to the levels never yet seen in sports, and somehow, it's filtered down even to punk players like Chalmers. Wade has turned into the ultimate punk to the point where Lebron seems bearable by comparison.

Still, I think C's fans are getting away ahead of themselves. We were here two years ago vs. LA and walked away without a win. But if the C's pull it off, it will be very rewarding, and it will be an affirmation of the importance of team basketball, team defense, high basketball IQ, and chemistry.

I want the Thunder to represent the West as I think that would also be very good for basketball and the NBA. I love this OKC team.

Still, I think C's fans are getting away ahead of themselves. We were here two years ago vs. LA and walked away without a win. But if the C's pull it off, it will be very rewarding, and it will be an affirmation of the importance of team basketball, team defense, high basketball IQ, and chemistry.

This.

They've been proclaiming an inevitable victory on the radio and, being an eternal pessimist, that's made me cringe.

-Jamman

As for the Heat in general, no offense Kontra, but I find this team increasingly unlikeable. As if I didn't already. Where I'll grant you Pierce is a flopper and Perk was a whiner, it seems like the entire team Heat has a sense of entitlement to the levels never yet seen in sports, and somehow, it's filtered down even to punk players like Chalmers. Wade has turned into the ultimate punk to the point where Lebron seems bearable by comparison.

Most fans around the league despise Pierce and KG as well (and many also think Rondo's a punk). And a lot of people compare the C's to the Heat as far as the whole assembling a Big 3 "dream team" thing. Difference is though, the Celtics pulled it off, and hopefully Miami never will.

IMO LeBron is really the only reason to hate the Heat. Sure Wade is ****y, but who cares. It was LeBron's stupid feature-length TV "announcement," combined with his early prediction of multiple titles, that set a really bad tone for that team. LeBron is the ultimate sports media creation (who apparently hasn't had the smarts to realize that that can be a double edged sword). Hopefully he never gets a title. Humility is underrated these days.

Last edited:
That's fine - if it works for Brady and Jay-Z, I'm not going to argue with it...but those guys at least had lenses in...

I want the Thunder to represent the West as I think that would also be very good for basketball and the NBA. I love this OKC team.

If I were a C's fan, I would pray for the Spurs. OKC is not a good match-up for Boston. I'll even go so far as to say that they'll demolish Boston.

If I were a C's fan, I would pray for the Spurs. OKC is not a good match-up for Boston. I'll even go so far as to say that they'll demolish Boston.

They probably will, but I'm not worried about it. I like OKC that much. The Spurs have a bunch of flopping, whining hard to root for guys. The C's might lose to them anyway. Whatever the C's get from here on out is a bonus to me as a fan. So I'd rather see the matchup that is just better for the game of basketball and the NBA - which is in need of some good medicine.

I'm not giving up on them. If I did, I wouldn't be watching Game 6. I'm going down with the ship, either way. Won't be the first time it's happened and it damn sure won't be the last.

I hear you ... defecting is the worst kind of fan there is. it hurts but it's the best way to be because when the team wins you feel part of it. We still need one more win ... i am not getting ahead of myself at all. I will celebrate if we get the win, I will still feel good if we don't because my team leaves nothing behind.

Last edited:
This.

They've been proclaiming an inevitable victory on the radio and, being an eternal pessimist, that's made me cringe.

-Jamman

every one has jumped on the C's bandwagon. All radio ect like you said are picking the C's to close it out.

But if the series goes back to miami...well that would be less than ideal. They NEED to win game 6...can't lay a egg and expect to win a game in miami even though they have shown they can

They probably will, but I'm not worried about it. I like OKC that much. The Spurs have a bunch of flopping, whining hard to root for guys. The C's might lose to them anyway. Whatever the C's get from here on out is a bonus to me as a fan. So I'd rather see the matchup that is just better for the game of basketball and the NBA - which is in need of some good medicine.
The Celtics have out performed the expectations I had for them going into season 2011/2012.

The Celtics have out performed the expectations I had for them going into season 2011/2012.
you and me both. a lot of people got fooled into thinking they were to old [myself included] but like doc said they were just out of shape and unprepared for the season do to the lock out. and i dont think anybody saw avery bradly becoming what he became before he got hurt.

I'm not giving up on them. If I did, I wouldn't be watching Game 6. I'm going down with the ship, either way. Won't be the first time it's happened and it damn sure won't be the last.

Way to go!!! Good effort!!!!! Good job!!!!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist :) )

you and me both. a lot of people got fooled into thinking they were to old [myself included] but like doc said they were just out of shape and unprepared for the season do to the lock out. and i dont think anybody saw avery bradly becoming what he became before he got hurt.
Wildly outperformed insano. I was hopeful they would be competitive this series against the Heat. They've been far more than just competitive.

I retract my statement about Doc Rivers not coaching like a 7 million dollar man. He's whooped Spoelstra this series. Whether or not that translates to an Eastern Conference championship who knows, but it's been fun viewing.

Last edited:
Most fans around the league despise Pierce and KG as well (and many also think Rondo's a punk). And a lot of people compare the C's to the Heat as far as the whole assembling a Big 3 "dream team" thing. Difference is though, the Celtics pulled it off, and hopefully Miami never will.....

Just one thing, and I realize you're not comparing them, but I give Ainge a lot more credit for assembling the "big 3," as that involved drafting talent and then putting together deals to get the pieces in place. Signing 3 guys who've decided on their own to play together, and want to be in a scene like Miami, really just takes the $ (and geography)

...IMO LeBron is really the only reason to hate the Heat. Sure Wade is ****y, but who cares. It was LeBron's stupid feature-length TV "announcement," combined with his early prediction of multiple titles, that set a really bad tone for that team. LeBron is the ultimate sports media creation (who apparently hasn't had the smarts to realize that that can be a double edged sword). Hopefully he never gets a title. Humility is underrated these days.

I actually sort of liked LeBron until the "announcement." I then decided he's a douche. A talented douche, but a douche all the same. (Granted, that's better than being a talented rapist, like Kobe :) )

Wildly outperformed insano. I was hopeful they would be competitive this series against the Heat. They've been far more than just competitive.

I retract my statement about Doc Rivers not coaching like a 7 million dollar man. He's whooped Spoelstra this series. Whether or not that translates to an Eastern Conference championship who knows, but it's been fun viewing.

Doc has coached a hell of a series but I wouldn't blame Spoelstra for this debacle (assuming they lose one of the next two). He's a good coach but the Heat, as a team, just don't have it in them. Watch both teams when the game is close down the stretch. The Celtics have good ball movement, are decisive, and make things happen off the pass. The Heat, on the other hand, do not have good ball movement, are indecisive to the point where it cripples the play, and make things happen off the dribble. The former team will always win with that formula, no matter what the talent gap may be.

Just one thing, and I realize you're not comparing them, but I give Ainge a lot more credit for assembling the "big 3," as that involved drafting talent and then putting together deals to get the pieces in place. Signing 3 guys who've decided on their own to play together, and want to be in a scene like Miami, really just takes the $ (and geography)

I actually sort of liked LeBron until the "announcement." I then decided he's a douche. A talented douche, but a douche all the same. (Granted, that's better than being a talented rapist, like Kobe :) )
We are in agreement chico. I hold no discourse towards LeBron James the baller as he's a super talent. The Announcement, the way it was handled and the idiotic press conference the "Big 3" called where they announced their multiple championship intention was what did it for me.

Do the Heat actually call plays? Because to me it seems as if they just make the **** up as they go. Especially the last plays of qtrs and games.

Oh and Spo is a god awful coach. That team needs a big BIG change if they are going to choke this one away. Players and coaches need to change big time if they don't win it this year

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back