PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CORRECTION: brady willing to accept 1 game for failure to cooperate is UNTRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 7m7 minutes ago
NFL attorney Daniel Nash says "some in NFL" wanted 4 games for deflation and 4 games for non-cooperation. #benevolent

Haha, classic moving the middle. "We are compromising! Our original position was absurd beyond comprehension, so moving to merely ridiculous is us meeting Brady in the middle!"

Famously sleazy tactic in politics, not even a little surprised to see the NFL using it. Might as well demand he spend life in prison, then declare yourself the evenhanded compromiser for 'just' suspending him for life.

Can someone change the title of this thread? It's not accurate.

I've had a minor change of heart, I will gladly live with a Brady 1 game suspension for non-cooperation with, and only with, the following added conditions:

-the firing of Kensil, Vincent, Gardi. and Pash
-the resignation of Goodell
-100K fines for Irsay (leak to Kravitz), Grigson, and a 25K fine to the the Colts (testing a football)
-NFL apology to Brady and to the Patriots for ball deflation accusations

There is no progress without some pain!

This makes me wonder if the report of NFLPA accepting 1 game is an NFL leak after all.

Schefter said it was when he filed his report.

"According to league sources, Brady would accept suspension"

That's why the title of this thread is incorrect, and it makes total sense for the NFL to leak this 3 hours before Nash and the NFL take an absolute ass-kicking in court.

It will get lost in the shuffle thanks to another splashy (but misleading) headline.

Iam actually glad Nash said that some in NFL were considering 4 games for deflation and 4 games for non cooperation. Hopefully this will burn any settlement thoughts brady/PA had about 1 game.

Seems to makes sense that it PR leak by the NFL. They see the writing on the wall. Berman threw around the fairness term today. That's what this was all about. I can't fathom the NFLPA agreeing to a suspension for non cooperation. Bad precedent.

seems pretty clear judge berman will overturn this. where are the "brady should settle for 1 game and get the best deal" folks now?

My take is Brady offered that to not only appear in good faith to the judge but to show he'll take one for the team to get this over with. But the fact the NFL won't budge and has stated they wanted 8 games shows to me Brady has better odds at a ruling in his favor then the nfls.

seems pretty clear judge berman will overturn this. where are the "brady should settle for 1 game and get the best deal" folks now?

Sadly this site is full of those who like Kraft rush in panic to surrender at the 1st shot

Seems to makes sense that it PR leak by the NFL. They see the writing on the wall. Berman threw around the fairness term today. That's what this was all about. I can't fathom the NFLPA agreeing to a suspension for non cooperation. Bad precedent.

I was skeptical when I first saw Shefter's story this morning.

Based on the events today, now I believe the "leak" is just another bald-faced lie by the NFL. Shame on Commissioner Scheisskopf and his Goon Squad.

Sadly this site is full of those who like Kraft rush in panic to surrender at the 1st shot

so you would rather have this crap go on all season long as a distraction rather than bite the bullet for one game? and how stupid will it look when in december the ruling is made and brady is still sitting there with 4 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back