PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CORRECTION: brady willing to accept 1 game for failure to cooperate is UNTRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes my stomach churn thinking about it. Ugh. PFT is saying the report is accurate although there was some pushback to the Schefter report via Zolak's stuff.

Schefter says it and Florio claims it is accurate.

damn.

I do not want us to accept even one MINUTE of a suspension for this made-up crap

I think for the NFL not getting Brady to admit guilt with 1 game for non-coop is almost as damaging as no suspension and so the risk of them accepting the deal are low. At this point, they might even be convincing themselves that even if Berman is telling them they will lose that they have a good shot with the Circuit Court on appeal.

Or maybe the judge told he PA how he is going to rule and asked them give more concession.

The more I hear, the more it seems that the NFL's end game is to prevent Brady from filing a defamation suit.

Schefter says Brady willing to accept "some form of suspension according to league sources."

According to league sources? Why should we believe anything leaked by "league sources?"

Last edited:
If he does that, he's essentially admitting guilt on a much bigger level than just failure to cooperate and that will be unfortunate. I hope for his legacy's sake that this is untrue (as this will all but ensure that this will be discussed at greater length during his HOF induction than it should be) but if Schefter is reporting it and Florio is peddling it, it probably is.

Well this is Brady's best offer I think. Logically it makes sense. 1 game sucks but it is better than risking four and it would not be for the deflate gate charge which he still says he had nothing to do with. If we got this deal it would suck but frankly I could live with it. The NFL will not take this deal though and Brady can go to the judge saying "I moved off my line, they are the ones unwilling to talk".

Last edited:
I think for the NFL not getting Brady to admit guilt with 1 game for non-coop is almost as damaging as no suspension and so the risk of them accepting the deal are low. At this point, they might even be convincing themselves that even if Berman is telling them they will lose that they have a good shot with the Circuit Court on appeal.

i think this move is strictly about the NFL not budging.......the judge would be more prone to vacating the entire thing since it was about settling and the NFL has not moved an inch......they will look uncooperative, nad if thing is on a razors edge, something like this will tip the scale big time

Schefter says Brady wiling to accept "some form of suspension according to league sources."

According to league sources? Why should we believe anything leaked by "league sources?"
This feels like the NFL still smearing Brady before they concede defeat.
Indirectly of course

If he does that, he's essentially admitting guilt on a much bigger level than just failure to cooperate and that will be unfortunate. I hope for his legacy's sake that this is untrue (as this will all but ensure that this will be discussed at greater length during his HOF induction than it should be) but if Schefter is reporting it and Florio is peddling it, it probably is.

no he isn't ..... not sure where you conclude this

NFL cant have brady take 1 game then go in the media and elsewhere publicly and trash the wells report. they might put that as a demand eventually if brady did offer this. Unfortunately once this susp offer is on the table its hard to take it off now especially if the judge orders another "good faith" settlement today

This feels like the NFL still smearing Brady before they concede defeat.
Indirectly of course

except that it's not 'some form'....it is one form......

as I have said, Brady is proposing something he knows the NFL will not accept.....just as the NFL has offered.......well, nothing

So the report that says he would take a game is from "league sources" and the report from a guy that works for the Patriots and cited "Brady's camp" says he isn't willing to accept a game.

Hmmmmmm.

If you continue to believe stuff from "league sources" then you show your idiocy.

no he isn't ..... not sure where you conclude this

Explain to me in detail how accepting a one game suspension when you haven't done anything and when there is zero proof of any wrongdoing is not admitting guilt.

The more I hear, the more it seems that the NFL's end game is to prevent Brady from filing a defamation suit.

Not just a Brady suit. If Brady "accepts" the Wells report as true, then I assume they can use that as a defense in a Dorito Dink defamation suit, which I imagine is the one that is most likely to actually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back