PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats To Patsfans Posters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years, I have been on this board many times after a loss. I have seen the media articles where patriots fans are noted as not taking losses very well.

IMHO, the reaction here has been the most reasoned and had the least whining in years.

Expectations were probably considerably lower given the circumstances this season, whereas hopes never really waver. I was much more disappointed losing to Baltimore last year.

Over the years, I have been on this board many times after a loss. I have seen the media articles where patriots fans are noted as not taking losses very well.

IMHO, the reaction here has been the most reasoned and had the least whining in years.

I think it's because, for once, you can't really argue that the Pats lost to an inferior team.

expectation were lower going into this game. Rookie WRs...all new WRs. If we had gronk mayo wilfork kelly talib ect..it would have been a much different tory

and for once we can't blame Pollard.

Well technically if he had finished the job Denver's slot receiver wouldn't have been able to take out Talib.

How ironic is it that Welker played Pollard in this game taking out Talib.

Not gonna lie, I took it pretty bad in real life. After I got home, that is. I never, ever blame the team. I always feel like it's my fault -- like if I wore this jersey instead, if I drank this drink instead, if I did blahblahblah throughout the week instead. Doesn't make sense when I think about it, but the feeling remains, this helplessness that just eats away at me. I hate it. And losing to Peyton makes it so much worse.

When Gronk went down, there was a thread on this board wondering if our chances were as good as gone too. Most of us agreed that yeah, it didn't look good.

We did as well as we could under some crappy circumstances for the rest of the season and in the end, could have played better in yesterday's game. Who knows, we may have come up short even then and I think it would felt far worse.

I was happy to be there, so to speak. I've never clapped at the end of a playoff loss in the Brady-Belichick era, but I did for this team; aside from the egg they laid yesterday, this team had grit, fight, and toughness. A top 5 team from the BB/TFB era in my mind.

A great season to be a Pats fan. Can hardly wait for training camp!!!

I will be the first to admit I was disappointed that the Pats lost yesterday. I however, am not blaming anybody on the Pats for the loss, nor am I blaming the referees. The loss yesterday was the cummulative effect of all the personel losses throughout the year. They caught up to them yesterday in Denver.

The Pats got beat by a better team yesterday. My heart wanted them to win and go to the 6th superbowl, but my mind said that was probably a stretch to do so.

Even still, I wore my Pats t shirt to the gym for my workout today proudly. I live in the middle of Steelers / Ravens and Eagles fans, so the Pats are not liked here and I knew I would be harassed. I was, but I didn't make excuses.

I was just thinking this afternoon at work how civil the board has been since the loss yesterday. Maybe people are realizing how lucky we are as Pats fans to be in contention year after year. It was pretty remarkable to get this far after all that happened. Personally I was finally able to see the team win live (Saints game) after 3 previous games resulting in losses. It made for a pretty memorable experience, just thinking of the KT catch gives me chills.

Maybe were just getting used to it

Agreed.

Yesterday, the team that the Broncos were able to field was better than the injury-depleted team that the Patriots were able to field.

That makes taking the loss, as a fan, a lot easier than for many of the tough losses over the years, dating back to Denver after the 2005 season, through the Playoff loss in Indy, the Playoff losses to the Jests and Ravens and certainly including the "Magic Helmet Catch" and the "Welker Drop" SB's. After each of those other games I felt that if the game were played on the same field the next day, the Pats would have likely won. I couldn't honestly say that after yesterday's game.

If I were going to "whine" at all, I'd whine about the non-call at the end of the Panthers' game that deprived the Pats of an opportunity to see if they could have won that game. I think the cold and wind in Foxboro yesterday might have been an equalizer...but we'll never know and so it's just whining. But it was good to get it off my chest.

It is the least distressing season-ending loss, at least to me, that I can remember.

I knew that we had no margin for error, facing more talent (based on health).

We needed to force turnovers to have a decent chance, and we didn't. For that you have to hand it to the other team. If we played them 5 times I think that we'd lose 3 or 4 times.

Does that make me a bad fan?

No, I think that it makes me a realist.

I've never "moved on" to the postseason team building thoughts so quickly in the past

I think they got this one right, not their usual projection of attitudes onto the fan base, I sense a lot less angst this time compared to any other season-ender in recent memory.

Cue the "Pats fans are apathetic" articles, go ahead Shank and "Wrong Borges," we know it's coming.

The NE post season has become the movie ground hogs day.

The window is closing and the reality is that Brady has won his last Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST