PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats To Patsfans Posters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
reality is that Brady has won his last Super Bowl.

laughing-lol-laughing-at-computer-54403644766_xlarge.jpeg

tumblr_lskk78TnMn1qmfxw4.gif

The NE post season has become the movie ground hogs day.

The window is closing and the reality is that Brady has won his last Super Bowl.

No no no..........you just cannot go there, yet. I admit it certainly entered my mind, that elusive fourth may be out of reach.

I feel to be that GOAT, Brady has to out up #4.

However, stop yourself and never count out Tom Brady. He's got 2, 3 maybe even four years left in him. With returning injured players, a new draft class and a free agent or two sprinkled in, hope for that #4 in 2014 is very high with me.

#4 in 2014........lets goooooooo!!!

No no no..........you just cannot go there, yet. I admit it certainly entered my mind, that elusive fourth may be out of reach.

I feel to be that GOAT, Brady has to out up #4.

However, stop yourself and never count out Tom Brady. He's got 2, 3 maybe even four years left in him. With returning injured players, a new draft class and a free agent or two sprinkled in, hope for that #4 in 2014 is very high with me.

#4 in 2014........lets goooooooo!!!

The magic is gone. It would not shock me in the least to see NE miss the post season this year.

Younger QBs are coming up and will have their time in the limelight just like Brady did.

Nobody in the Afc is really on our heels and in the same class as NE and DENV it was a 2 horse race all year and should be agian next year. Time is running out. we need to load up to get it done in the next 2-3 years which is the realistic window.

Nobody in the Afc is really on our heels and in the same class as NE and DENV it was a 2 horse race all year and should be agian next year. Time is running out. we need to load up to get it done in the next 2-3 years which is the realistic window.

As someone else said hurt much more last year we were the better team. Not so much this year, more of a sluggers chance.

The magic is gone. It would not shock me in the least to see NE miss the post season this year.

Younger QBs are coming up and will have their time in the limelight just like Brady did.

there is always that guy .. that one guy .. :cool:

It is actually weird to not lose to an inferior team..like another poster had already said.

As a fan it really was a great year.

The guys now just need to get away from football for a while , catch up on the sleep and esp. the family time. Once the family time is gone it is gone and it ain't coming back so that is a huge sacrifice for them to be making. I could not imagine being away from my two girls for so long.

As far as the defense goes, I mean how long do we all have to come here saying that it needs fixing. It needs fixing. I am aware of the defense scoring stats but this team needs to build a physical defense. It is just that simple. This may sound crazy but I got the vibe yesterday that Denver loaded up the box on more than one occasion and dared Brady to beat them and he couldn't.

We win superbowls with a sound, strong, dominating defense.

That how mostly everyone does.

As far as the OP...I definitely agree. As I said before we are all football fans and we know what we see when we see it. This team had a great year.

Teams are built in the off-season however and we have some re-occurring burning needs that, unless they go addressed, will prevent us from advancing to SB's...

The Chiefs are anchored by Smith.
The Bengals are anchored by Dalton.
The Ravens are anchored by Flacco.
The Dolphins are anchored by Tannehill.
The Chargers are a useless, futile team.
The Texans have no QB.

That leaves four teams, with two separate tiers IMO.

1. Broncos-until Decker leaves, the offense is just too loaded.
2. Patriots-offense (when healthy) is #2 in the league and I expect a top 10 defense.

3. Colts-If Luck cuts down on the turnovers, oh boy.
4. Steelers-Big Ben is still a great QB. It all depends if they rebuild the defense quick enough.

We need to win #4 either next year or in 2015 (when the Broncos really dissipate due to FAs) while Luck isn't the best QB in the league yet and doesn't have the necessary weapons. I just can't see a 39+ year old Tom winning it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST