PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Common Consensus - We Are Classless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the Pats doing these types of things...its been that way since the first Super Bowl. Willie McGinest waved his gatorade towels at the Steelers and their fans yelling "Cancel those reservations!" Its a little sad to see how much this stuff has entered the sport, but my philosophy is if you walk the walk then you can talk a little smack.

Hi Marty!!! Take your whiny bunch of losers and shove 'em, you all time playoff loser

There's a huge difference here. Merriman does his dance-taunt DURING the game, ALL YEAR, Multiple times a game. Including this one, in which he did it on QB scramble (pretty pathetic sack).

AFTER the game, our guys celebrate, and mimic his dance. We just won a playoff game - where are they supposed to celebrate ?

If you don't want the opposing team to celebrate on your field - DONT LOSE AT HOME.

R

didnt marty say last year something like losing harrison is what will kill the team? well no rodney today :)

another quesiton is....why is it ok for Marrimon to do a dance when he makes a play but the other team not do one when they win?

My personal feeling on it is: yes the Chargers were acting like jackasses all week long, but two wrongs doesn't make a right. If they act like morons and then we retaliate how are we any better?

I've been seeing some of this stuff recently, the chippy stuff, the undisciplined play and I don't like it one bit. I desperatly hope BB addresses it in the offseason.

That being said we're far from the most classless teams in the league. (Radiers and Steelers)

OH hold on. Put the brakes on please. You post a cut Logan Mankins thread over on PatriotsPlanet and then come back here with this post? Dude, please dont stand up and demand a player be cut because of two penalties, then turn around and criticise this team by being undisciplined.

OH hold on. Put the brakes on please. You post a cut Logan Mankins thread over on PatriotsPlanet and then come back here with this post? Dude, please dont stand up and demand a player be cut because of two penalties, then turn around and criticise this team by being undisciplined.

Besides Mankins penalties (well at least the holding one) was complete crap. The other one didn't look like a penalty, but i only saw it once quick so who knows. The pats ahve always been like this...they keep their mouth shut and play, then talk.

Example:

01 superbowl: after the game all ty law and lawyer milloy did was rip the media and the rams for not giving them a chance. Even after the game Faulk (who is still carrying this torch today) said "the pats didn't do anything to beat us, we just beat ourselves..the better team lost"

03 (i think) against the dolts: no one gave us a chance and then after we beat em Bruschi gets a camera in his face while leaving the field and says something like " we don't talk, we win...everyone can tell us we don't have a chance ect..and then we come out and win...that's what we do"!

There are more examples, but don't get so upset over this. If they did it before the game (or whined after they lost) then i would be concerned. However all these guys did was hear about how great SD was and why they were going to win (along with the SD chatter) and then they come out and win a dogfight...let em have their few moments of joy before moving on to Indy

Just my $.02

Personally, I like a bit of nastiness in the team. These men play a brutal sport for a living. I don't think it's fair to ask them to violently risk life and limb (their own and the other team's) one minute and then expect them to act like debutantes the next.

You guys play the whole disrespect card better than any team/city I've ever seen.

We had a rally before the game to get the fans psyched. We haven't been blessed with your recent run, so it was something to get the fans excited. We also might be losing our team due to the stadium issues so it's a political thing, too. Send me one link where our players said we were going to beat you guys this Sunday or anything that said we were already planning our superbowl video.

I swear your media just invents this stuff. Show me the chatter. Besides, of course, when Brady mentions Reche told me that we are looking past you guys and don't respect you. Look at how Brady was saying that, he couldn't even do it with a straight face cause he knew he was stretching the truth way out of context because if someone did say that to Reche, it was one of his friends and they were just razzing at each other.

The "no respect" card obviously works for you and it must be a holdover from the fact you had previously been owned by NY and the Yanks for all these years. But come on, you have 3 of 4 superbowls and a WS title this decade. I don't think anyone doesn't respect you guys. Get a little more self confidence I would say initially, but then again, obviously being underdogs with no respect works for you!

I swear your media just invents this stuff. Show me the chatter. Besides, of course, when Brady mentions Reche told me that we are looking past you guys and don't respect you. Look at how Brady was saying that, he couldn't even do it with a straight face cause he knew he was stretching the truth way out of context because if someone did say that to Reche, it was one of his friends and they were just razzing at each other.

I think it's the team, not the media. Most of the media in NE sincerely does NOT respect this team! LOL, it's funny because it's true.

Merriman is a classless jerk when he does his dance during the game. Our players are equally classless when they do it to the paying fans. Would it have been OK if our players went out in to the middle of the field and flipped the fans their middle fingers? No, of course not. Our players acted like they played for SD.

It is LT that is the better model, during and after the game.

It is fine to admire our classless jerks, because they are our classless jerks.

another quesiton is....why is it ok for Marrimon to do a dance when he makes a play but the other team not do one when they win?

whats up guys, as you can see im a buffalo bills fan.

but, i can honestly say, i truly enjoyed watching you guys beat up the chargers on sunday. there is no one i hate more than merriman. people ask me why i was rooting for the pats, and i told them "the pats dont scumbags on their team". ive taken a lot of crap from pats fans through the years, but to call the team, let alone belichick classless, is absurd. LT's comments were certainly out of line.

so no you are not classless, it is the chargers who are classless.

I'm sorry man, were you someone who's opinion I was supposed to give a s**t about?

Last edited:
Nastiness? Dancing in the middle of the field is "nasty"? No, nasty is hitting so hard that a player thinks again before coming your way.

Personally, I like a bit of nastiness in the team. These men play a brutal sport for a living. I don't think it's fair to ask them to violently risk life and limb (their own and the other team's) one minute and then expect them to act like debutantes the next.

Expecting our players to not feel the same emotions that lead to head-butts after failed fourth down plays is asking too much. They're human and subject to the same pressures as everyone else. Expecting them to control those emotions until the game is over is about all you can ask for, and its exactly why the coaches will spend very little time discussing the after-game shenanigans.

We could do 100 good things and still not be liked...

It comes with the turf and let's not forget ... Hobbs is still a kid.

I'm sure he'll pay the price for that this week from Harrison ... you can bet on it.

I love the pats.. but Hobbs acts like a punk sometimes.
That said, when I saw the LT new conference, I got so pissed at him I threw something at the TV.

I was trolling around tonight and the common consensus is that LT is correct and we are a classless team? I for one don't understand what the big deal is. These ****y bums were talking trash the whole week. They just got a taste of their own medicine.... LT looked like an ass crying the way he did.... They disrespected us last year when they beat our ass. Any thoughts?
the patriots have become the newyork yankees of football .everybody hates them and us .they are going to find a way to hate the patriots no matter what they do.what some of the patriots did was no big deal .you win the game you get to dance thats the way it goes.if merriman didnt have that stupid dance to begin with there would be nothing to mock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back