PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Common Consensus - We Are Classless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three thoughts:

1) "Classy" and having everyone say what great guys we are don't win SB's. Tough, agressive play does.

2) I saw a game where the Chargers lost their composure during the game (head butt and chippy shot after the PAT) and we maybe got carried away at the end.

3) Tomlinson is usually a top notch guy, but that was sour grapes.

Merriman is a classless jerk when he does his dance during the game. Our players are equally classless when they do it to the paying fans. Would it have been OK if our players went out in to the middle of the field and flipped the fans their middle fingers? No, of course not. Our players acted like they played for SD.

It is LT that is the better model, during and after the game.

It is fine to admire our classless jerks, because they are our classless jerks.

LT took a shower, got dressed, and went in front of the national media and told them the Pats were classless and that they got this from the head coach. What about this represents a positive model? Whatever grace the man may otherwise have, this was a bitter and incoherent venting far worse than any immediate post-game behavior by an immature and excitable second-year cornerback. LT lost his cool on the field when he saw Hobbs do his thing. Fine. I can understand that; it's an emotional game, and they had just finished playing. But I do expect a superstar, who takes himself (and his image) very seriously, to cool down and contain the dissappointment of loss rather than blindly machine-gunning the character of the winning team, without any cause other than the silly gestures of a minor player who hasn't grown up yet.

LT told the media, "I'm a classy guy", as if this was universally accepted fact. What he went on to say was 100 times worse than what Hobbs did. There is no equivalency. Let him stew in his MVP juice.

I'm sure I'm repeating what other say, but ...

who freakin' cares about this? Are we cricket fans or something? Shawne Merriman shows up the opposition every time he gets a half-tackle, the Charger DBs were strutting around all game, Vrabel was doing the Eagles arm-flap in that Super Bowl ... this kind of thing is part of football. I like LT, I love watching him play (what a running back!), but I don't agree with him. When you lose, you pretty much forfeit the right to decide how the post-game celebration goes. I'm sure if they had won, Merriman would've been doing the exact same dance. The entire Charger defense bounces around and dances more than a set of Beyonce backups. And I don't care.

One of the things I hate about football is all the phoniness about "class" and the NFL's endless attempts to legislate out all personality. These kinds of celebrations happen all the time (Shannon Sharpe "calling" out the National Guard because they were killing the Patriots) and now we're supposed to care? Give me a break.

The only reason the Patriots could be considered different is that they only do these things at the end of very big games, and they get *a lot* more opportunities to do it than every other team.

Someone should send LT a "lights out" towel so he can clean all of the sand out of his vagina.

Mike Ditka on Mike and Mike this morning:

"LT is a classy guy. The Patriots are classless but they are the Patriots and they get away with it."

Did I miss something?

Mike Ditka on Mike and Mike this morning:

"LT is a classy guy. The Patriots are classless but they are the Patriots and they get away with it."

Did I miss something?

The pats are not going to win this one with a lot of "experts".

I think that after LT's comment on Bill, LT moronically confirmed he was just as classless as Hobbs was.

good point

I'm a Pats fan. Period. But here's my take. I go to a lot of teams' message boards. They're all very predictable. Some very knowledgeable fans, but sadly, far more are clueless trolls. I regret to say that includes the Pats, of course.

Please understand that it's natural for the fans of other teams to be tired of the Patriots. I certainly would be. Objectivity in sports fans is an oxymoron. What I would hope is that there'd be more football talk and less mindless smack. But, quite frankly, there are countless trolls who simply lack the intellect and the vocabulary to post any thoughts more than feeble dribble.

Here's to hoping that the Patriots trolls stay off of the Indy boards this week (fruitless sentiment, I know), and that they show the class that the Patriots are supposed to elicit.

Thanks for listening!

The folks at Saints Report were decidedly in our favor.

I was trolling around tonight and the common consensus is that LT is correct and we are a classless team? I for one don't understand what the big deal is. These ****y bums were talking trash the whole week. They just got a taste of their own medicine.... LT looked like an ass crying the way he did.... They disrespected us last year when they beat our ass. Any thoughts?

LOL. We are classless because LT says so? The same way the Patriots "hate their coach." Right?

It just cracks me up. Merriman was all strutting and doing his pretty "Lights out" dance when the game started. Now they get their panties in a bunch because the Pats imitated that dance? Hell if you're going to get upset about a silly dance, then don't come up with one in the first place!

I don't see how anything the Pats said or did is any worse or different than the Bears coach declaring "now thats an ass whupping" or the Bear player yelling "what are you looking at... we beat your ass" to onlookers.

And oh yeah that Chargers player headbutting during the game was REAL classy. Give me a break! :rolleyes:

the patriots have become the newyork yankees of football .everybody hates them and us .

I've got to disagree with this particular part of your statement for the following reasons.

1. The Yankees have an unlimited payroll and attempt to buy the World Series championship every year. The Pats play on a level playing field and are governed by the cap.
2. Each year the Yankees are ridiculously loaded with offensive talent and farm team talent. The Pats make do with less offensive talent and it seems like they are losing starters each week but they cope with the injuries. Brady is our big star, and most non-Pats fans can't even name our receivers.
3. Bob Kraft is a classy owner and no way comparable to George 'egomaniac' Steinbrenner. He is also smart enough to let his football guys handle the football aspect of the business unlike some people *cough* Al Davis *cough*.

But yes there are people who hate our team. But success always breeds jealousy. And ironically a lot of copycats. Many teams tried to copy us, remember the Panthers, but they didn't quite suceed. Well enough talking about OTHER peoples issues with our team. That is their problem. Let's talk about the upcoming Colts game. :)

Last edited:
If you want to say the Patriots actions lacked a degree of class, I would have to disagree with you, but I can understand where you're coming from.

NO ONE can reasonably agree with what LT said/did. Asante and Reche and Artrell weren't taunting him, they merely wanted to shake hands and congratulate their friend for a superb game. LT acted like a four year old whose mom wouldn't buy him the toy he wanted. Schottenheimer even looked disappointed with him. He was upset at the fashion in which they lossed and had to blame his behavior on the Patriots celebration.

For LT to call himself classy while calling the Patriot organization classless and unfoundly insinuating that Belichick was classless is beyond bush league. These actions make Terell Owens a better loser than LT. Vrabel and everyone did his dance after winning, but it didn't bother him or any of the Eagles when they did it. TO took defeat like a man, even though his team similarly lost despite his tremendous efforts.

So, say what you will of the Patriots' actions, but please don't try to justify LT's hissy fit.

I think that after LT's comment on Bill, LT moronically confirmed he was just as classless as Hobbs was.
I defy any of you to go back and find an article where you can quote a Charger who was talking smack and disrespecting the Patriots. They may of said they intend to win and make it to the Super Bowl, but that is why they put on a uniform, isn't it?

The smack stuff all came from Caldwell trying to drum it up from a game two years ago.

I for one, can't stand the on field celebrations like Merriman's dance. Seau used to piss me off with his silly arm pumping celebrations. He'd make a play on second down, celebrate and then give up a 1st down on the next play. It's bush.

However, I don't think you Pats should have it both ways. Don't sit back and call LT classless for being upset while trotting out the idea that the Pats celebration after the missed field goal was ok. I didn't see that type of behavior out of the other 3 teams that won this weekend. Period. Did any of you?

LT has the heart of a lion. Give him a break, he did his thing and could of done more if asked. His team lost and he couldn't do jack about it.

And finally, the 'classy' Bilicheck dresses like a homeless guy. He pushes and shoves reporters who are out to do their job like a deified pu*sy. If any of you tuned in to the post game interview on the NFL channel, you saw Bilicheck grab the NFL channel microphone and twist it upside down and away from his face.

While some poor guy tried to turn it back to him, BB looked down on him like he was pond scum. I was sitting there thinking about what a jerk that guy is and then a minute later, LT says the classlessness comes from the coach.

For me, it was hard to think otherwise.

Since Brady's heroics in his first year along with their signing of Harrison, I've been a closet Pats fan and have always rooted for them. Their conquest of the Chargers was a great win. They way they handled it was not. LT was right.

Last edited:
So how Belichick dresses on game days makes him classless? You need to take a look at your own team. Maybe a coach who detaches himself so far from the game that he doesn't wear a headset through three quarters of it is classless then. On second thought, nah, that's just incompetence.

Five San Diego Chargers have been arrested this past year. Starter Terrence Kiel is looking at serious time for smuggling codeineback to Texas to be used in the illegal drug-heavy drink Sizzurp. Apparently NFL money isn't enough for him. But hey, theyll make one hell of a penal league team when all the Bengals get their court dates, too.

The San Diego Chargers: The Class of the NFL.

So how Belichick dresses on game days makes him classless? You need to take a look at your own team. Maybe a coach who detaches himself so far from the game that he doesn't wear a headset through three quarters of it is classless then. On second thought, nah, that's just incompetence.

Five San Diego Chargers have been arrested this past year. Starter Terrence Kiel is looking at serious time for smuggling codeineback to Texas to be used in the illegal drug-heavy drink Sizzurp. Apparently NFL money isn't enough for him. But hey, theyll make one hell of a penal league team when all the Bengals get their court dates, too.

The San Diego Chargers: The Class of the NFL.

Nice defense... very thoughtful.

Thanks. Sorry if it came on a little hard.

I defy any of you to go back and find an article where you can quote a Charger who was talking smack and disrespecting the Patriots. They may of said they intend to win and make it to the Super Bowl, but that is why they put on a uniform, isn't it?

The smack stuff all came from Caldwell trying to drum it up from a game two years ago.

I for one, can't stand the on field celebrations like Merriman's dance. Seau used to piss me off with his silly arm pumping celebrations. He'd make a play on second down, celebrate and then give up a 1st down on the next play. It's bush.

However, I don't think you Pats should have it both ways. Don't sit back and call LT classless for being upset while trotting out the idea that the Pats celebration after the missed field goal was ok. I didn't see that type of behavior out of the other 3 teams that won this weekend. Period. Did any of you?

LT has the heart of a lion. Give him a break, he did his thing and could of done more if asked. His team lost and he couldn't do jack about it.

And finally, the 'classy' Bilicheck dresses like a homeless guy. He pushes and shoves reporters who are out to do their job like a deified pu*sy. If any of you tuned in to the post game interview on the NFL channel, you saw Bilicheck grab the NFL channel microphone and twist it upside down and away from his face.

While some poor guy tried to turn it back to him, BB looked down on him like he was pond scum. I was sitting there thinking about what a jerk that guy is and then a minute later, LT says the classlessness comes from the coach.

Since Brady's heroics in his first year along with their signing of Harrison, I've been a closet Pats fan and have always rooted for them. Their conquest of the Chargers was a great win. They way they handled it was not. LT was right.

What about this? hmmmmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA&mode=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLl...elated&search=

Could you please comment on this. I believe it is the one link you asked for. According to your idea, Reche must have dressed up like Steroid Boy.

The National Media is making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be. The National Media is SICK of the Pats - they have an agenda here folks. Screw them too.

Last edited:
I defy any of you to go back and find an article where you can quote a Charger who was talking smack and disrespecting the Patriots.

From http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Cornerback Drayton Florence (or is it Florence Drayton?) was less tactful: "F--k New England and their team," he said, before turning to a "collection of onlookers" and adding: "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

I guess that was total class, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back