PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Common Consensus - We Are Classless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunzoburns

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was trolling around tonight and the common consensus is that LT is correct and we are a classless team? I for one don't understand what the big deal is. These ****y bums were talking trash the whole week. They just got a taste of their own medicine.... LT looked like an ass crying the way he did.... They disrespected us last year when they beat our ass. Any thoughts?

Jealousy is a terrible thing :D

I was trolling around tonight and the common consensus is that LT is correct and we are a classless team? I for one don't understand what the big deal is. These ****y bums were talking trash the whole week. They just got a taste of their own medicine.... LT looked like an ass crying the way he did.... They disrespected us last year when they beat our ass. Any thoughts?

The consensus in SD, sure. Classless? no. Hobbs was hyped. Would I of preferred it didn't happen? Sure.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot, if the Chargers had won, and Merriman had "done the dance" to the crowd, would that of been classless also...maybe to us, but not to the hometown crowd.

My personal feeling on it is: yes the Chargers were acting like jackasses all week long, but two wrongs doesn't make a right. If they act like morons and then we retaliate how are we any better?

I've been seeing some of this stuff recently, the chippy stuff, the undisciplined play and I don't like it one bit. I desperatly hope BB addresses it in the offseason.

That being said we're far from the most classless teams in the league. (Radiers and Steelers)

The consensus in SD, sure. Classless? no. Hobbs was hyped. Would I of preferred it didn't happen? Sure.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot, if the Chargers had won, and Merriman had "done the dance" to the crowd, would that of been classless also...maybe to us, but not to the hometown crowd.

Agreed. I wish it wouldn't have been done and it seems that is not usually what the Patriots do. That said, SD smack talked though the week. I bet they also smack talked it through the whole game (with the Patriots unlikely staying silent too). The Patriots over celebrated, LT vented, other teams are jealous of the Patriots success, it was all in the heat of the moment, everyone get over it....

this what the chargers said the last time they won here

The underdog Patriots can use it as motivation, just as they’re aware of comments the Chargers made following last season’s 41-17 victory at Gillette Stadium, which ended the Pats’ 21-game home winning streak.

As the Chargers left the field, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips let out a whoop and yelled, “That’s an ass-whupping.”

The next day’s Providence Journal quoted cornerback Drayton Florence admonishing a group of onlookers in the bowels of Gillette: “(Expletive) New England and their team. Get the look of shock off your faces. Don’t be shocked. We beat your ass.”

quite classy

Everyone in the media and fans overreact at this kind of crap that has nothing to do with the game, it was a great game on the field, yet people still talk about this garbage all the time.

this isn't unlike the eagles superbowl game where givens flexed and vrable did the bird.

i would get sick of the disrespect if i was a player

We act like any other football team. So what?

I could care less about this whole story.

I'm glad those punks are upset after running their mouths all week. They already had their rally party, so now they can go home for the offseason.

Irrelevant.

Being hated works for us ... we need to keep that working.

I think the one I always thought was not necessary was someone waiving the crowd goodbye in the conference championship in Pittsburgh -- maybe it was Wilson.

Would I like everyone on the football team I root for to hand the ball back to the ref and then just go on their way without taunting the other team? Sure. But fortunately, while the patriots do this kind of stuff, it's not often and usually only in very big games.

The reality is that the patriots motivate themselves to win by developing a mentality as though they have been severely disrespected. I think much of the time, some of this is artificial, but they whip themselves up into a frenzy about it at times, and it's had great results. The other result is that they genuinely believe it, or else Belichick could never convince them to push so hard. I think much of the time the disrespect comes from a genuine source, but I think the coaching staff is good at blowing it up to make the team angry. And when you do that, some stuff is going to overflow -- a team that genuinely thinks it's been disrespected and then wins a game is going to strut. It is what it is -- a necessary byproduct of one of the reasons we're so successful. I can live with that.

i got three letters for ya. F L T

I'm not one to troll but I do love to lurk:D I'm seeing a lot of 'LT did what?' type stuff on the football boards and the expected 'Oh great the Pats again:rolleyes:' on the non-football forums.

The worst part about the whole thing is to have your own patented dance is completely classless. Even Terrell Owens didn't complain when we mocked his Eagles dance, and he's the most deranged guy in the NFL! Who are all these other people to call us classless? We have nothing but respect for our opponents and say so.

I guess people just hate a winner.

Having attended the game, I thought Hobbs was way out of line to run to the middle of the field and preform the dance over and over. While I hate the dance and the attention that Merriman craves, we're better than this.

We could do 100 good things and still not be liked...

It comes with the turf and let's not forget ... Hobbs is still a kid.

I'm sure he'll pay the price for that this week from Harrison ... you can bet on it.

I have always been a huge Tomlinson fan. When the Chargers scooped him up right before we took Seymour I was a little disappointed at the time (even more so when we didn't take david terrell. hindsight is 20/20), but he was an absolute CRY BABY today.

Classless? Classless?!?! Ill tell you what classless is. Classless is guaranteeing a win against a team thats won three more Super Bowls than you. Classless is taunting a player after a fumble on fourth down and then headbutting them. Classless is having one QB pressure and doing your little sack dance.

And why he blamed it on the coach I have no idea. Marty has been classless, analyzing why the Patriots had a losing streak last year. Maybe LTD ought to be angrier at Cameron for not using him enough, or for Marty not putting a headset on until there were six minutes left in the game.

I think that after LT's comment on Bill, LT moronically confirmed he was just as classless as Hobbs was.

Last edited:
I guess it must be classless to have so many gaudy rings to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots