PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' Assault on Pats' Regular Season Win Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep bringing up 'primetime' games? Is there something inherently more difficult about playing MNF or SNF? Playing Tennessee, regardlss of where is a wash this season. You played them on the road and won 31-9. We played them @ home and won 59-0 w/o even playing starters much in the 2nd half.

Jax is crap, they have one decent win over Houston. Their other 2 wins came against Tennessee and St Louis, need I say more.

Miami- Yes, you won the game, but seriously... the wildcat whupped Colt arse up and down the field for most of the game.

How can you compare Arizona and Atlanta from last year and relate it to this year's games? I can't even respond to that. It would be like saying that our whitewashing of Zona last year somehow relates to this year. It doesn't.

Zona is a great matchup for the Colts, as much as they are a bad matchup for the NYG. How can you not see that?

So again, Pats have played Denver, Baltimore, Atlanta and we can even throw in the Jets whereas the Colts have Arizona and can throw in Miami.

Why do you keep bringing up 'primetime' games? Is there something inherently more difficult about playing MNF or SNF? Playing Tennessee, regardlss of where is a wash this season. You played them on the road and won 31-9. We played them @ home and won 59-0 w/o even playing starters much in the 2nd half.

Jax is crap, they have one decent win over Houston. Their other 2 wins came against Tennessee and St Louis, need I say more.

Miami- Yes, you won the game, but seriously... the wildcat whupped Colt arse up and down the field for most of the game.

How can you compare Arizona and Atlanta from last year and relate it to this year's games? I can't even respond to that. It would be like saying that our whitewashing of Zona last year somehow relates to this year. It doesn't.

Zona is a great matchup for the Colts, as much as they are a bad matchup for the NYG. How can you not see that?

So again, Pats have played Denver, Baltimore, Atlanta and we can even throw in the Jets whereas the Colts have Arizona and can throw in Miami.

I keep bringing it up bc it is certainly a factor playing at night on the road. If you don't think the crowds are louder and the teams are more focused, you aren't paying attention. It's a playoff atmosphere. Your game in Baltimore two years ago against a 4-12 team wouldn't have been so difficult otherwise.

I compare Arizona and Atlanta to last year bc both teams are very similar to what they were last year. Neither team is significantly better or worse than they were then.

Why is Zona a bad matchup for NYG, if I keep reading on here that Osi/Tuck are better than Freeney/Mathis?

You have played better teams. You also have only played two games in the opposition's home stadiums. I've never argued that you haven't had a harder schedule overall though. As I said elsewhere, I did forget that you played Baltimore, so my bad there.

I keep bringing it up bc it is certainly a factor playing at night on the road. If you don't think the crowds are louder and the teams are more focused, you aren't paying attention. It's a playoff atmosphere. Your game in Baltimore two years ago against a 4-12 team wouldn't have been so difficult otherwise.

I compare Arizona and Atlanta to last year bc both teams are very similar to what they were last year. Neither team is significantly better or worse than they were then.

Why is Zona a bad matchup for NYG, if I keep reading on here that Osi/Tuck are better than Freeney/Mathis?

You have played better teams. You also have only played two games in the opposition's home stadiums. I've never argued that you haven't had a harder schedule overall though. As I said elsewhere, I did forget that you played Baltimore, so my bad there.

Yea, Washington on MNF sure looked like they were charged up with playoff like intensity.

Umm, the Falcons have added Gonzo, Ryan has another year under his belt, etc. Does that mean our pasting of the Cards last year is somehow valid for this year?

How can you not see the difference in how the NYG matchup with the Cards than Indy?
NYG strength is their running game, the Cards have a very strong run defense. The Giants do not have a strong secondary, whereas the Cards have a good passing game, especially when Warner forgets he's almost 40.

On the flip side, the Colts have a weak run defense which the Cards can't exploit, yet they have a weak pass defense which Manning can exploit. Do you follow the trend here?

In your 3 'primetime road games' the Colts beat 0-6 Tennessee, 3*-3 Jax (2 wins against the 0-fers), and escaped from Miami. Man, let's not forget that road win @ St Louis.

Arizona is a better passing game than anyone yall have faced, in particular considering it was on the road.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the Pats have only played two games in opposing stadiums so far, which is the least in the league.

Arizona like the Pats sucked early on in the year..... you do not think.

Arizona now would probably win.

Yea, Washington on MNF sure looked like they were charged up with playoff like intensity.

Umm, the Falcons have added Gonzo, Ryan has another year under his belt, etc. Does that mean our pasting of the Cards last year is somehow valid for this year?

How can you not see the difference in how the NYG matchup with the Cards than Indy?
NYG strength is their running game, the Cards have a very strong run defense. The Giants do not have a strong secondary, whereas the Cards have a good passing game, especially when Warner forgets he's almost 40.

On the flip side, the Colts have a weak run defense which the Cards can't exploit, yet they have a weak pass defense which Manning can exploit. Do you follow the trend here?

In your 3 'primetime road games' the Colts beat 0-6 Tennessee, 3*-3 Jax (2 wins against the 0-fers), and escaped from Miami. Man, let's not forget that road win @ St Louis.

Their defense certainly looked charged up. Their offense just sucks.

They added Gonzo, but lost some players on D and Harry Douglas at WR, and Turner may possibly be slowing down. Gonzo is still very good, but not in his prime anymore.

Yeah, if you played ARI in the snow again, you'd probably blow them out again. So it is valid to this year, they are much the same team.

Do the Colts have a strong secondary without Kelvin Hayden and Bob Sanders? Without Hayden, our best CB is a rookie in Powers.

The Colts shutdown Chris Johnson, so our run D really isn't that terrible anymore. And the Giants aren't really running the ball that great this year anyway, besides some occasional Bradshaw totes.

Jax was at home, Arizona was the other primetime road game. I've never said we've had the toughest schedule, that has nothing to do with us playing well though. We've played well in most phases every game, besides our defense against Miami.

Arizona like the Pats sucked early on in the year..... you do not think.

Arizona now would probably win.

lol at both of those, ridiculous. Freeney/Mathis would punish Arizona every time.

Their defense certainly looked charged up. Their offense just sucks.

They added Gonzo, but lost some players on D and Harry Douglas at WR, and Turner may possibly be slowing down. Gonzo is still very good, but not in his prime anymore.
So basically, not the same team

Yeah, if you played ARI in the snow again, you'd probably blow them out again. So it is valid to this year, they are much the same team.
So you think Arizona is SB bound

Do the Colts have a strong secondary without Kelvin Hayden and Bob Sanders? Without Hayden, our best CB is a rookie in Powers.

The Colts shutdown Chris Johnson, so our run D really isn't that terrible anymore. And the Giants aren't really running the ball that great this year anyway, besides some occasional Bradshaw totes.
Umm, the Giants have the 5th best running game in the NFL thus far.

Jax was at home, Arizona was the other primetime road game. I've never said we've had the toughest schedule, that has nothing to do with us playing well though. We've played well in most phases every game, besides our defense against Miami.

Primetime, primetime, primetime

Primetime, primetime, primetime

Yes, Atlanta is about the same as they were last year. Just compare their performance against Chicago at home both years, much the same. Good offense, middle of the road type of defense. Gonzo hasn't made them into the best offense in the league.

Arizona will depend on if they get lucky with the schedule in the playoffs again. If they play a good QB like Brees on the road, then no, they won't make it. But if they get lucky again playing a Delhomme or Eli on the road, then yes, they could quite easily win the NFC again.

Giants running game ranks high bc their schedule was pitiful for awhile. What did they do against Dallas and New Orleans? Even Washington?

Giants running game ranks high bc their schedule was pitiful for awhile. What did they do against Dallas and New Orleans? Even Washington?

you are a buffoon. How dare you mention weak schedules when Indy hasn't played 1 legit team yet.:cool::rofl:

You pats fans are all the same. Arizona and miame were legit wins, whether you like it or not :l

You pats fans are all the same. Arizona and miame were legit wins, whether you like it or not :l

Miami were beat 19-7 by the Falcons and 23-13 by the Chargers either side of your 4 point win against them and you call that a legit win?

Get real, they are currently 2-4 and you want to call that a legit win?

As for Arizona they have a decent passing game but they don't have a running game so they really are not a test for the Colts.

The Patriots and Ravens are the only decent tests on your schedule and maybe the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes