PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' Assault on Pats' Regular Season Win Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the NFL is finally going to give in and let the Colts come to Foxboro again? :rolleyes:

Fortunately, this is the last year of the current NFL scheduling system. If the current system is renewed for another 8 years, I would guess that we'd go back to the 2002-2005 scheduling to start 2010 (i.e. the Pats are at home to play the team in the AFC South with the same spot in the standings for the first 3 years and all of the AFC South teams in the final year).

Last edited:
I realize Denver raped us on defense. But you're talking about an offensive coach that knows his ****, that knows our offense like the back of his head.

I think McDaniel's knows this team a little better than that... ;)

This Colts team is an exact replica of their recent good teams. Great passing game, smallish defense that can be exploited by a physical time control offense .

Again, we start two 300lb DTs. Last year, we started two 270 lb DTs. So it's not a replica of last year at all.

It's a replica of the team from two years ago, pre Freeney injury. The team that could have beat your 16-0 team in the dome had we not been without Harrison and Gonzo.

Not sure how going into Arizona and dominating the defending NFC Champs gets no credit on here.

well said.... Not to mention Denver has a nice nifty defense that the Colts lack as well.

What the frick are people on here talking about? Seriously, I expected more from this forum.

What the frick are people on here talking about? Seriously, I expected more from this forum.

Sir if you expected more, please seek alternative websites. Espn is a good one.

They have faced one good team this season, that's it. The Patriots have had a much more difficult schedule and they're a whole 2 games worse.

Again, do you guys realize how wierd you sound? I like this forum bc I have found it to be one of the more intelligent on the internet. But when it comes to the Colts, for some reason the logic isn't there today. :eek:

How do the Dolphins suck, but the Jets are supposedly the monsters of the Midway, for example? Buffalo?

Neither team has had a very difficult schedule.

Sir if you expected more, please seek alternative websites. Espn is a good one.

No, I like this forum a lot. Today though, just not understanding what I'm reading on here.

Was Denver's defense that impressive against the Pats? Come on, we all watched the same game.

And we've all seen that the Colts' defense has given a healthy Brady more trouble than most defenses have recently. For some reason, people on here forget that though.

You guys are a great forum, but there's a blind spot regarding the Colts, apparently. You guys seem to think that the Colts have 3 good players, but the other 50 suck. I realize that Manning is great, but if he's THAT great, then he's easily the GOAT. Nobody is that great. It's simply not the case that the Pats have 20 good players, but the Colts only have 3. :cool:

Again, do you guys realize how wierd you sound? I like this forum bc I have found it to be one of the more intelligent on the internet. But when it comes to the Colts, for some reason the logic isn't there today. :eek:

How do the Dolphins suck, but the Jets are supposedly the monsters of the Midway, for example? Buffalo?

Neither team has had a very difficult schedule.

Every team we met up until the Titans(who you play twice) was unbeaten.

How many teams have you met so far with a .500 or better record?
Your team is unproven this season.

It's a replica of the team from two years ago, pre Freeney injury. The team that could have beat your 16-0 team in the dome had we not been without Harrison and Gonzo.

And last year's Brady-less Pats team could've beaten the Colts w/o the garbage penalty at the end of the game.

And the 2006 Pats should've beaten the Colts if not for some of the most one-sided officiating I can recall.

The Colts are good this year, no doubt, but with Brady coming back from a major injury the Pats are 5-2, not 3-4 like last year's Colts, with both losses by a combined 10 points.

Colts opponents:
Jags- Playing like a collection of their namesake. Mediocre

Dolphins- Pre Chad Henne, Miami seriously outplayed Indy in this one, but Colts maximized their opportunities. Pats fans worry about us losing to th Fins, so you guys should be glad to win that one.

Arizona- Caught them at the right time, and you guys dominated them. Perfect matchup for Indy with Zona's poor pass defense and poor running game. This win looks better now after last week.

Seattle- Minus Hasselback... meh.

Tennessee & St Louis- These are a wash with us playing Tennessee & Tampa.

Pats opponents minus Tampa & Tennessee:
Buffalo- Kind of a wash with the Jags, at least better than Seattle.
Atlanta- Colts have not played a team this good, but maybe Arizona comes close with a better passing game but worse running game.
Jets- Similar to Miami. Better defense, dumber QB than the Fins.
Baltimore- Colts have not played a team this good.
Denver- Colts have not played anyone this good.

Every team we met up until the Titans(who you play twice) was unbeaten.

How many teams have you met so far with a .500 or better record?
Your team is unproven this season.

Would the Jets be above .500 had they not beaten you? The Dolphins would be .500 had they beaten us. Jacksonville would be above .500, I think. So that's a puzzling stat to quote, considering it includes games against us.

We've had three primetime road games in five weeks. If you think that's the easiest schedule in the NFL (I'm not saying that it's difficult, just that yours or most others aren't either. The league stinks.), then I have news for you, it's not. If you think playing the Titans on the road in primetime is the easiest game in the league, it's not. That would be somewhat like (though I realize it's not as hard, just giving a comparison) saying winning on the road in Baltimore on that Monday Night game two years ago was easy for you just bc they finished 4-12 or whatever.

And last year's Brady-less Pats team could've beaten the Colts w/o the garbage penalty at the end of the game.

And the 2006 Pats should've beaten the Colts if not for some of the most one-sided officiating I can recall.

The Colts are good this year, no doubt, but with Brady coming back from a major injury the Pats are 5-2, not 3-4 like last year's Colts, with both losses by a combined 10 points.

When have I said you guys weren't good?

Coltsfan.......glad you appreciate this forum....I sure do!

A lot of us respect the Colts....grudgingly...but really....after the rivalry between the teams over the years, with that respect comes a significant amount of dislike. A lot of that dislike is deserved with Polian's shenanigan's of aledgedly pumped in sound and comments along with Saint Dungy's attack on BB over the taping alegations.

Sorry....the Colts have earned the Pat's fans dislike.....and for some of us....some respect.

I still hope the Colts lose every freaking game the rest of the year except for crushing the Jets!

Colts opponents:
Jags- Playing like a collection of their namesake. Mediocre

Dolphins- Pre Chad Henne, Miami seriously outplayed Indy in this one, but Colts maximized their opportunities. Pats fans worry about us losing to th Fins, so you guys should be glad to win that one.

Arizona- Caught them at the right time, and you guys dominated them. Perfect matchup for Indy with Zona's poor pass defense and poor running game. This win looks better now after last week.

Seattle- Minus Hasselback... meh.

Tennessee & St Louis- These are a wash with us playing Tennessee & Tampa.

Pats opponents minus Tampa & Tennessee:
Buffalo- Kind of a wash with the Jags, at least better than Seattle.
Atlanta- Colts have not played a team this good, but maybe Arizona comes close with a better passing game but worse running game.
Jets- Similar to Miami. Better defense, dumber QB than the Fins.
Baltimore- Colts have not played a team this good.
Denver- Colts have not played anyone this good.

How did we catch Arizona at the right time? Boldin wasn't hurt then, like he is now. It's a perfect matchup for us bc we have Freeney to dominate their offense, even though this forum downplays how dominant Freeney is for some strange reason.

Tennessee isn't a wash considering that was a night primetime game on the road, while neither of your games were even in an opposing stadium.

The Jags are a little better than Buffalo. Buffalo lost to a god awful Browns team at home, which IMO may be the least talented team in the league after trading Braylon. I could see your argument though bc neither team is close to great.

Arizona on the road is at least as tough as Atlanta at home, probably tougher. Hence, ATL losing to ARI in the playoffs by a significant amount last year. That is a loud stadium, which is the biggest reason they won the NFC last year (along with running into Jake Delhomme). So I got to disagree with you a little here.

I have to admit, I forgot you guys played Baltimore. My bad there.

Still, you don't think the Colts could have won all of those games that you've played? We've dominated all comers since the opener, besides the Wildcat. And we cut the fat ass DT that Collinsworth showed was getting blown off the ball that entire game. Just saying that the Colts have been playing very well, and 3 primetime road games in 5 weeks is NOT easy.

Would the Jets be above .500 had they not beaten you? The Dolphins would be .500 had they beaten us. Jacksonville would be above .500, I think. So that's a puzzling stat to quote, considering it includes games against us.

We've had three primetime road games in five weeks. If you think that's the easiest schedule in the NFL (I'm not saying that it's difficult, just that yours or most others aren't either. The league stinks.), then I have news for you, it's not. If you think playing the Titans on the road in primetime is the easiest game in the league, it's not. That would be somewhat like (though I realize it's not as hard, just giving a comparison) saying winning on the road in Baltimore on that Monday Night game two years ago was easy for you just bc they finished 4-12 or whatever.

stfu..... Indy has no D...... Patriots or Miami will beat you. See you when you play a real team. :rolleyes:

(Please be quiet - edited)..... Indy has no D...... Patriots or Miami will beat you. See you when you play a real team. :rolleyes:

which is why we currently rank 9th in TOTAL defense.. and 6th in passing defense..

whereas New England is only 6th in total defense, and 5th in passing...

we are both rockin top 10 defenses right now, so i dont see how you can see "indy has no D".. its a different team this year, Coyer is really changing things.

EDIT: and just for kicks.. NE is 17th in rushing defense, Indy is 19th.. FYI.

Last edited:
which is why we currently rank 9th in TOTAL defense.. and 6th in passing defense..

we are both rockin top 10 defenses right now, so i dont see how you can see "indy has no D".. its a different team this year, Coyer is really changing things.

Once more, Indy can only beat who they play, but who have you actually played that is a quality opponent?

what team have u played so far that is offensively capable? I rest my case. you have played no one yet.:D

Last edited:
Arizona is a better passing game than anyone yall have faced, in particular considering it was on the road.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the Pats have only played two games in opposing stadiums so far, which is the least in the league.

what team have u played so far that is offensively capable? I rest my case. you have played no one yet.:D

Once more, Indy can only beat who they play, but who have you actually played that is a quality opponent?

/sigh.. here we go again.

Jacksonville.. divisional game currently .500.. this, is a "quality" opponent.

Miami.. 2nd best rushing offense in the league, they had the Saints on their backs (the supposed BEST team in the NFL).. against a colts D that "cant stop the run" .. i'd consider them a quality opponent against us, regardless of record.. on the road in primetime.

Arizona.. 7th ranked passing offense in the league, the best receiver corps in the NFL and a HOF QB. Beat the Giants, currently 4-2... are they not a "quality opponent" either?! .. on the road in primetime on a short week after the defense got pounded by miami.

Tennessee.. not gonna bold these guys, because yeah, they are 0-6.. but they are still a divisional opponent and a huge rival. That would be like me saying the Bills weren't a quality opponent for you guys, divisional games always matter, and they have Chris Johnson, who we held to 34 yards... on the road in primetime

Seattle was missing Hasselbeck, and St. Louis.. well, yeah we know.

so yes, we HAVE played quality opponent, regardless of record, its only week 6, but at the very least, half of our games have been against quality opponents, so i dont wanna hear this strength of schedule crap. Raiders over Eagles.. that is all. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back