PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' Assault on Pats' Regular Season Win Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colt's Assault on Pat's Regular Season Win Streak

The record is actually 21 in a row by the Pats. They won their last three games in 2006.

You are exactly correct Danny......thanks for the correction!

Last edited:

I'll give consideration to the fact that the Colts can only beat who they are playing, but come on. Their schedule this season is embarrassingly easy. Couple that with Manning playing through a hot streak right now and this is what you get.

We'll crush the Colts.

As long as they are playing us...

Yeah, it's an easy schedule they've had. I think the Giants' defense is better, and look what happened to them when they played teams with real offenses. The Colts might just be the Giants of the AFC, for more reasons than one obviously.

Well then you need to add in the loudspeaker noise trick they like to use...:disagreement:

I hope they fixed the CD skipping problem.. that part of the crowd noise was annoying.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call it an assault for at least a few more wins. They have a ways to go, and the fact that there was a giant playoff chokejob right in the middle of it kind of robs it of its luster anyways.

This is of no concern to me since we have a chance to stop them.

If we don't then they earned the record.

I wouldn't call it an assault for at least a few more wins. They have a ways to go, and the fact that there was a giant playoff chokejob right in the middle of it kind of robs it of its luster anyways.

Since the record the Colts might break is from the '06, '07, '08 Patriots, remind me how those seasons ended?

PS: If the Colts do break the record, they'll have the Jaguars, Jets, & Bills in the way of 16-0.

Last edited:

Since the record the Colts might break is from the '06, '07, '08 Patriots, remind me how those seasons ended?

PS: If the Colts do break the record, they'll have the Jaguars, Jets, & Bills in the way of 16-0.

The 22 win streak, sure. The 21-win streak, though, turned out pretty well by any measure for us ;)

Could happen......Then the playoffs.....and the Saints :eek::eek::eek:

Usual homer ism here that we usually kill their fans for :cool:

Seriously Manning looks really good this year, really good. And im not sure our young defense who gave up 400 odd years to Kyle Orton is going to stop them. We'll need to get pressure on Manning and play tight to Clark and Wayne

To beat them we need to control the clock and that means a running game which means LoMo going over 2 yards a carry. Colour me not convinced

Like it or not there a ways ahead of us right now but as we all know its January that counts

I will not acknowledge a winning streak when there is a loss in the middle of it. The first Pats streak had meaning to me as it included playoff victories. The more recent one was hollow as it included a playoff loss. This Colts team is an exact replica of their recent good teams. Great passing game, smallish defense that can be exploited by a physical time control offense (not sure the Pats qualify) I think Denver and the Jets could give them problems and Pittsburgh is a nightmare matchup in the playoffs for them. I think the Pats will need to win a shootout type game as our lack of QB pressure will hurt us.

If the Colts break this record, history will need to show how many quality opponents the Pats beat during our streak. The Colts perennially seem to get an easy-looking schedule. Why didn't they get the Jets in September, or the Steelers more often than they do?

If the Colts break this record, history will need to show how many quality opponents the Pats beat during our streak. The Colts perennially seem to get an easy-looking schedule. Why didn't they get the Jets in September, or the Steelers more often than they do?

Phins when they went undefeated during the regular season only faced a two teams; Giants and Chiefs that finished above .500 (both 8-6), but history doesn't remember that.

you pubescent little Colt Prick. It will be a pleasure beating your team in INDY

Remember...... the Dome conditions will help TFB as well. Our Secondary will handle an off target Peyton. I doubt this streak will last long if the PATS show up.

INDY has played a very ridiculous schedule this year(joke). Your schedule cannot even compare to the '07 PATS or this years version. Indy has not been tested... Odds r they FALL to the PATS or MIA.

you would be 3 pt favorites @ home (gambling odds)...... Get READY:cool:

Usual homer ism here that we usually kill their fans for :cool:

Seriously Manning looks really good this year, really good. And im not sure our young defense who gave up 400 odd years to Kyle Orton is going to stop them. We'll need to get pressure on Manning and play tight to Clark and Wayne

To beat them we need to control the clock and that means a running game which means LoMo going over 2 yards a carry. Colour me not convinced

Like it or not there a ways ahead of us right now but as we all know its January that counts

Last year, with Kevin Faulk and BJGE, they controlled the clock. You don't think they can with Maroney + Brady added? OK. Last year the Patriots came close and this year the defense is better and the offense is way more potent.

I realize Denver raped us on defense. But you're talking about an offensive coach that knows his ****, that knows our offense like the back of his head. Of course they struggled, the season was earlier, etc.

I feel like I'm just making excuses but we'll see. I think this team will be in a lot better shape against Indy, I really do.

I can't say the Colts are "light years" ahead of us right now. They're a whole 2 wins better than us. They have faced one good team this season, that's it. The Patriots have had a much more difficult schedule and they're a whole 2 games worse. I don't think they've proven much more than us other than they can beat up on the power puffs thus far.

The season is too young to say any team is anywhere right now. There's a lot of team that have yet to even hit the meat of their schedule yet. That's when you really know about a team, but that's JMO.

well said.... Not to mention Denver has a nice nifty defense that the Colts lack as well. PATS will rally victorious behind Belichick. They will make sure to make an impact for coach. It is his legacy as much as the Patriots. Look for a HUNGRY Patriot team looking to defend a record for coach and city.

The PATS will rally behind him and defend his accolades!!!:singing:

Last edited:

I don't think you can write off us, the ravens, the broncos, or the texans

Same old Colt's, doing the same old thing's they always do, who cares about records really? Only thing I care about is rings!

They can win 40 games in a row in the Regular Season, don't mean jack if they don't have the hardware to back it up.Manning is bad when it comes to big games for the most part, that's imo what makes Brady better.

16-0 was a joke to me so was the 21 in a row, only game I cared about was the one at the end............If they get the record good for them! let's see who wins the SB this year;)

I wonder when the NFL is finally going to give in and let the Colts come to Foxboro again? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back