PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton said Culpepper talking to Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe any of this.

To be honest, I never really bought into the Patriots rap about Moss' character either.

They were way too insistent about it, from Belichick to Brady on down, almost as though they were trying to give him positive reinforcement.

I never bought it.

That doesn't mean I know the truth, but I just don't believe people when they are deliberately going out of the way to tell me something I should know.

Sounds like something a troll would say.... :D

He's no Alonzo Shavers.
Actually Alonzo Shavers handled the Asante Samuel situation quite well. You must have mistaken Alonzo Shavers for Jason Chayut, Deion Branch's scumbag agent.

Renegotiated with Stallworth, at least..

Maybee focus on samual if that was the case

or maybee franchise him, since he " is frustrated, the way things are going"

at least we would have had right of first refusal,but we worried about making him mad. Well that is not working out well.

OK, renegotiated with a WR that dropped to 4th on the depth chart. A WR who was very good at catching laterals but not very good at routes or going downfield. A guy who is making $6 million a year elsewhere.

Samuel is being paid $10 million a year. Why focus on him?

Franchising Moss would have pissed him off and caused a mutiny on this board for pissing him off. Why would you franchise a guy with a reputation for taking plays off? That makes no sense. Sure, pay him $8 million to do nothing.

You see, in all three cases, the Patriots made the right decision.

Based on his playing time the second half of the season, do you think they wanted him back for more than $2M a year or so ? I don't.

The Patriots aren't going to overpay Samuel just because they might lose Moss.

So you think being Franchised would frustrate Moss less ?

Well its a bunch of second guessing right now, but I would like to know what the plan is if Moss is gone...

OK, renegotiated with a WR that dropped to 4th on the depth chart. A WR who was very good at catching laterals but not very good at routes or going downfield. A guy who is making $6 million a year elsewhere.

Samuel is being paid $10 million a year. Why focus on him?

Franchising Moss would have pissed him off and caused a mutiny on this board for pissing him off. Why would you franchise a guy with a reputation for taking plays off? That makes no sense. Sure, pay him $8 million to do nothing.

You see, in all three cases, the Patriots made the right decision.

Well I just felt we made a choice, Samual or Moss, and we chose moss.. Again its second guessing for nothing yet.. Stallworth I will disagree with , I guess there was something there they did not like, but I was happy we got him last yr before moss, and would like to have seen what he could have done with no moss..

People, people, people.

Just relax. The Pats have almost certainly made Randy Moss a legititimate good-faith offer. Moss' phone is not ringing off the hook with calls from other teams. Ya'll would be horrible poker players.

Must ask ourselves.....why isn't there interest in RM throughout the league??

All I believe at this point is that as long as his agent & RM stay out o the media, there is a decent chance he stays right here.

Must ask ourselves.....why isn't there interest in RM throughout the league??

All I believe at this point is that as long as his agent & RM stay out o the media, there is a decent chance he stays right here.

....if we still want him after he pulled this stunt.

HeadExplode.gif

....if we still want him after he pulled this stunt.

What stunt?

I haven't heard Moss and his agent standing up on soapboxes. Have you read a single quote from Randy Moss? Have you read a single quote from his agent?

To the extent that they are even trying to create a little leverage, it's been pretty darn mild.

Haven't you guys figured out from the spygate stories that there are dozens and dozens of "league sources" who would be more more than eager to plant stories with the likes of the Cryptkeeper? And plenty of GMs who would love to screw up the Moss deal in NE or at least drive up the price.

And plenty of GMs who would love to screw up the Moss deal in NE or at least drive up the price.
Actually if Randy Moss calls the bluff on these so-called other general managers, that unfortunate general manager would be left holding the bag.

A rather insightful comment.

Personally, I am at the point where if half of this is true, I don't think we want him. If he can't find a team and the Pats have the best offer, doesn't that set "the market"?

Even with the best offer, does he sulk thinking he is worth more?

Actually, I am the point where we tell Cincy, " You ain't winning next year, eat the $8M cap, send us Ocho Cinco, take our second and a pick next year."

Johnson runs better routes and is more entertaining.

On the other hand, glad I never have to negotiate a business deal with these guys.

I agree with you. The last thing I want is Moss going around dogging plays, sitting on the bench with the LT b!tchface, and moping around if he's unhappy signing with us. Obivously, he's looking more and more NOT like the Randy we all ( thought ) we knew and loved this year. I've always liked Chad. I worry that we would have contract issues with him as well, but I think he's less of a risk then Randy is. I'm not quite sure how old he is, but hes younger than Moss. He'd be a great replacement for Randy if we can pry him away on draft day.

Well its a bunch of second guessing right now, but I would like to know what the plan is if Moss is gone...

Dear GOD let it go. You don't know the plan. No one in the NE FO is going to tell you or anyone else "the plan". The only way you're going to know the plan is if you figure it out after it happens--and even then, you won't know if it was the plan or plan B or just how stuff worked out.

i dont think daunte's that bad. he had some flashes of brilliance the last couple seasons. and moss makes A LOT of qbs look good.

but i still feel randy's staying.

i dont think daunte's that bad. he had some flashes of brilliance the last couple seasons.
Huh?

If Moss seriously wants to join Culpepper on a team like the Falcons or Cheifs rather than play with Brady & the Patriots then I would love to have what he's smoking.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so fixated on Samuel?

This draft is loaded with CB talent. I have seen evaluations where 3rd round selections this year are 1st round talent in other years.

Does anyone think BB and SP didn't know that? We can get a big corner this year that could be lights out this year or next. Add in a Ty Law for help and we are set.

Read the story on Philly's signing. There is a sentence- "The Eagles, desperate for turnover capability,.........." That's why they way overpaid. He did have a good game against Philly.

If you don't agree, I would check out the Jax website after the playoff loss. On their blog, someone asked the guy what he thought it would take to sign Samuel. The response- "After watching that game, you actually want him?"

If Moss seriously wants to join Culpepper on a team like the Falcons or Cheifs rather than play with Brady & the Patriots then I would love to have what he's smoking.

it only grows once in a blue moon ;)

and i think randy will be smoking it in new england next year.

Dear GOD let it go. You don't know the plan. No one in the NE FO is going to tell you or anyone else "the plan". The only way you're going to know the plan is if you figure it out after it happens--and even then, you won't know if it was the plan or plan B or just how stuff worked out.

Again I dont want another 2006 when we let Givens ,Dwight, Andre Davis and then Deion Branch go.. And we replaced them with Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Doug Gabrial.. That worked real well.. And If Gaffney is listening to other offers, and say Moss goes.. That is a alot of production that needs to be replaced, and not to mention the gaping hole in the secondary..

Again I dont want another 2006 when we let Givens ,Dwight, Andre Davis and then Deion Branch go.. And we replaced them with Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Doug Gabrial.. That worked real well.. And If Gaffney is listening to other offers, and say Moss goes.. That is a alot of production that needs to be replaced, and not to mention the gaping hole in the secondary..

It DID work real well...didn't the Patriots score 31 points versus the Colts in THEIR house...the defense, especially the safeties, lost that game for the Pats. Stop making things up to suit your paranoia.

It DID work real well...didn't the Patriots score 31 points versus the Colts in THEIR house...the defense, especially the safeties, lost that game for the Pats. Stop making things up to suit your paranoia.

They could not make a third a 2, the recivers were avg at best.. Caldwell let 2 catches go thru his hands.. the 31 points were set up by lets see

1 Assante running back a td,

2 a ellis hobbs kickoff return

3 a fumble recovery by a offensive lineman..

Last yr our Front office knew our recievers sucked.. That is why they went out and fixed it.. The 31 points in the AFC title game , is no a good barmoeter for your arguement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News