PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson Conspiracy Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD

Rookie
Reaction score
Am I the only one on this board that believes that Belichick gave Chad Jackson a hamstring injury. And that as long as Branch is a holdout Jackson stays off the practice field.
A few points that might make this theory worth a disscusion.
To buy into this idea....
1- You have to agree that the Pats want to sign Dion at their fair price.
2- Dion has no bargaining leverage at this time.
3- The Pats showed how they believe CJ is the real deal by trading up for him.
4- PFW is just a mouthpiece for the organization.
5- BB & SP are shrewd business/poker players.
Ok. PFW claims that CJ may be off the field due to he can't get the play book? Or he's an immature loud mouth. But at the same time nobody knows when he'll be able to practice again because of a hamsrting injury. If he was a mouth, he would have said more than "it's feeling better" but uhhhhh... and gives no time frame for a return.
6- CJ would have been over worked at camp without DB in there. and this may contribute to him hitting the rookie wall during the season.
7- And this is the real reason CJ isn't on the field. The only bargaining leverage DB would have is that CJ looks just OK, or even better, just bad out there. This would improve his leverage that he should be paid his price.
8- Pats take CJ off the practice field after they see enough, in a few practices that shows he gets the playbook, can run his routes, and knows his assignments.
What does anyone think?????
BillyD

WOW! That right there is a LOT to reach for.

What???? What????

How do the Pats gain leverage on Branch by sitting Jackson? If Chad Jackson could have come in during the preseason and made people believe that he will be the #1 WR (if there even is such a thing with the Pats) that would be the best situation for BB/Pioli. That would make Branch look over his shoulder and understand that he isn't "the man" anymore with respect to the WR position.

Sitting Chad Jackson now would be the worst strategy they could employ to re-sign branch for a "fair price". If anything, having Jackson off the field strengthens Branch's thinking (rightly or wrongly) that he has the leverage now in the negotiations for a new contract because the Pats have shown weakness in the area of WR.

I don't get your line of thinking.

Last edited:
I think that not a single one of you points makes any sense at all.

I think we're all ready for some serious football. The hypothesising has now reached quite fantastical levels.

smg93 said:
What???? What????

How do the Pats gain leverage on Branch by sitting Jackson? If Chad Jackson could have come in during the preseason and made people believe that he will be the #1 WR (if there even is such a thing with the Pats) that would be the best situation for BB/Pioli. That would make Branch look over his shoulder and understand that he isn't "the man" anymore with respect to the WR position.

Sitting Chad Jackson now would be the worst strategy they could employ to re-sign branch for a "fair price". If anything, having Jackson off the field strengthens Branch's thinking (rightly or wrongly) that he has the leverage now in the negotiations for a new contract because the Pats have shown weakness in the area of WR.

I don't get your line of thinking.
Well said..I think that conspiracy theory is gone....

What makes you so sure that, since Patriots press release says there giving him a chance to seek a trade as long as they get compensated. When they very well could have told him also that, if he doesn't agree to their deal by friday, they'll put him on the no show did not report list where he gets paid zero and doesn't get credit for this season. The pats are ruthless they want him to sign their offer by friday.
Pats to DB. Dion we love ya, but we may have to kill ya.....

Didn't click for me

Just got back from an all expense paid vacation at AREA 51, didn't ya!

It is a great theory, I think you need to stay on the computer writing it up in its entirety, listing all the possible permutations.

Two men in white coats will swing by in a little bit to review all the evidence.

My conspiracy theory is - get ready for this - Chad Jackson has a hamstring injury and isn't practicing or playing because....he is hurt.

Has anyone looked around the league? There are a ton of WRs who have missed a lot or all of camp with hamstring injuries. It really isn't the least bit strange.

Certainly it is disappointing because he is a rookie and needs to be on the field to get acclimated to the offense and the NFL game. What it isn't is unique.

Well I hoped you guy's and gals could have made something of this. I have no problem with far fetched theories. If I came on at the begining of the 2001 season and said that Tom Brady was actually going to be better than Peyton Manning. And takes over after week 4 and takes the Pats to & win the Super Bowl. Then Drew Bledsoe gets traded to Buffalo. What would the reaction have been?
Go Pats
2006 = 14-2 then all the way.

Whatever is -really- going on with CJack behind the scenes... I just hope he gets on the field. Whether he gets over his injury, or is returned to the practice field by the mother ship, I could really care less. Just get OUT there.

Last edited:
You know who is behind ALL conspiracy theories?

THE GOVERNMENT!

Seriously, BB did give Jackson a hamstring injury - by making him and other players run surprise sprints and apparently Jackson hadn't stretched out enough.

None of the other points make the least bit of sense, as they suggest that Jackson's injury HELPS the front office in negotiations with Branch when the exact opposite is true.

Not sure if your just yanking our chains or not but it was good for some comic relief

I'm not buying your conspiracy theory.

Where you went wrong was saying that BB & SP saw enough of him to know that he would be good and then held him out. That would make no sense. If they think he is ready and will excel immediately, they should have played him to put pressure on Branch.

However, if they saw enought to think he WOULDN"T immediately excel, then sitting him makes more sense since Branch and Chayut have nothing to go on as to whether or not Jackson will make us forget about Branch.

Still, with the possibility of a long-term holdout by Branch, giving Jackson as many reps as possible (good or bad) would be more important that psyching out Branch and his agent.

(OT: For you twin tower conspiracy theorists, jet fuel does not have to reach the melting point of steel... it only has to reach a temperature where the steel starts to become maliable and thus buckles under the weight of the structure)

BillD said:
What makes you so sure that, since Patriots press release says there giving him a chance to seek a trade as long as they get compensated. When they very well could have told him also that, if he doesn't agree to their deal by friday, they'll put him on the no show did not report list where he gets paid zero and doesn't get credit for this season. The pats are ruthless they want him to sign their offer by friday.
Pats to DB. Dion we love ya, but we may have to kill ya.....

He wont get paid zero. He only has to show up by game 10 and be a part of the team to get credit for the season. When game 10 rolls around and he reports, the pats have two primary choices, either they let him back into the team or they do not. If they don't let him back, he is free to sign with any other team at that point. Frankly, if they don't let him back on the team, Branch and Chayut would be jumping for joy because he would have hit free agency a half season early.

BillD said:
Well I hoped you guy's and gals could have made something of this. I have no problem with far fetched theories. If I came on at the begining of the 2001 season and said that Tom Brady was actually going to be better than Peyton Manning. And takes over after week 4 and takes the Pats to & win the Super Bowl. Then Drew Bledsoe gets traded to Buffalo. What would the reaction have been?
Go Pats
2006 = 14-2 then all the way.

Yeah sure, BB, Pioli, and Kraft all planned for Mo Lewis to come and level Bledsoe too I guess. The conspiracy is that deep...

smg93 said:
Yeah sure, BB, Pioli, and Kraft all planned for Mo Lewis to come and level Bledsoe too I guess. The conspiracy is that deep...

Gotta hand it to them. Great job there.

I think he is just lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back