PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics picked as #8 best team by The Athletic

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting they are that low.

They would've been higher if it weren't for the Coaching situation and questions at C. They are really 4th in the East which I think is too low. They should be ahead of Philly and MIA.

Other teams around the league:

Warriors have taken back their throne.
Milwaukee will be a force in the East.
Clippers have serious potential but their health is the main question mark. They also have the curse of being the Clippers.
Philly has the same DNA as the Clippers and their former Coach. They will find a way to lose in the playoffs.
Phoenix is done. They'll have a good record, but they are soft and not built for the playoffs.
Memphis talks a lot of sh*t. They asked for the spotlight, time to put up or shut up.
It's going to be a rough year for my Lakers. They have two superstars, but that somehow is not enough. And no matter who they bring in as a supporting cast, that too is not enough.

8th is ridiculous. Virtually every credible analyst has them top 5,#2 in East.
Milwaukee should be #1 in the NBA.After Time Lord returns and is fully acclimated after 2-3 weeks Celtics are top 3-4 but fully capable of winning the title

They write just enough edge to create chatter ... I think top 4 ... but who knows.

They write just enough edge to create chatter ... I think top 4 ... but who knows.
Yeah it creates temporary chatter- but hurts them in the long run because if all you're doing is hawt takes to generate clicks- the time will come when they are ignored because they have lost all credibility.
Go back to the early 2000's- Curran and Reiss stood alone as the best Pats beat writers. Matter of fact Curran was slightly better imo. But all that changed years ago-Reiss stands alone as head and shoulders the most trusted Pats beat writer.
Curran occasionally still does something good but it's engulfed by his hawt takes rumormongering and gossip.
So I take almost everything he says with a grain of salt.

The prediction was stupid from the start. The Celtics have a young core that will improve every year for the next few years as always happens. The player improvement leads to better play which leads to a better record. The geniuses at the Athletic don't understand that.

And yet people act as though they're knowledgeable.

And yet people act as though they're knowledgeable.

The Athletic has the most knowledgeable and credible collection of writers in the media. Their NBA power rankings, and articles like this that are based on that line of thinking, are a joke and do the entire site a disservice.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back