PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBA Approval Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they even entertain not recertifying? You cant have a CBA without a union.

Preaching to the choir. That's rhetoric and it's tied to the you were never really a union or never really not one rhetoric of the last decades... De says they are MEN and men have to TAKE TIME to make BIG decisions slowly... Which is probably why so many of them can't play for BB in this system...

Catch up solderking, this thing is more complex and issues change faster than your unlimited capacity grasps...

fixed

I don't read entire articles to get what is going. Mankins and VJ as of the 21st were still holding progress hostage as they played mercenary looking for their $$$. Are their other issues... surely, however none of which have the magnitude of derailing a deal that already has overpassed 2-3 deadlines.

a little after July 4th, July 15th and July 18th. Nothing has transpired in terms of an approval of a CBA deal. Why do I not listen to the media on this??? They don't know their @ss from their elbow and why should I indulge in their regurgitation of information??? Their info is merely speculation and they have no factual basis of the picture in its entirety. You can read your newspapers all you want, just know they are just as wrong as all of us when it pertains to the CBA. None of us r in the meetings. we were not in the players or owners meeting. Were we flies on the wall? NO. Don't act like a jerk about it Betty Boop. We all know snip-its of the situation and nothing here is set in stone. Stop pretending like you are Bruce Almighty and can read the minds of players and owners instead of the women Bruce can read. Until the CBA is finalized I do not believe 80% of what is reported and neither should you. We are pawns of this chess match (at best). I bid you good day:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mo...I have a question...maybe you know

WHAT IN HELL did DeMoron and Godell discuss for an hour and a half on the phone????????

I was under the impression that everything was resolved to both sides satisfaction and that the NFLPA reps would be on board...

Then I hear that they don't even have copies of what the owners approved.....

NOW I am reading that there are a bunch of unresolved issues...

WTF

Last edited:
Jesus Mo.. The open items before the league’s approval of the labor deal | ProFootballTalk

good link here within Mo's

I see 10 things unresolved if this article is correct.:confused:

I figured 3-5 tops.:eek:

This sux ppl and you know the cliche "it all gets worse b4 it gets better". It definitely does not pertain to this CBA catastrophe. Will we even make training camp guys? It looks grim:mad: I hope the media is wrong again here. I can't respect their speculation and I hope this is NOT factual. Mot of their crap is not factusl. They have a job to write. Speculation eats space and it is a filler for the unintelligent readers. I see through the agendas and will wait, but I must admit this may be the TRUTH b/c with time we do get a better picture. Even those media worms become convincing for fishing out info as stuff drags further on. Is this the zenith of everything wrong right now? I phucking hope so and I hope it ain't this bad

Last edited:
Jesus Mo.. The open items before the league’s approval of the labor deal | ProFootballTalk

good link here within Mo's

I see 10 things unresolved if this article is correct.:confused:

I figured 3-5 tops.:eek:

This sux ppl and you know the cliche "it all gets worse b4 it gets better". It definitely does not pertain to this CBA catastrophe. Will we even make training camp guys? It looks grim:mad: I hope the media is wrong again here. I can't respect their speculation and I hope this is NOT factual. Mot of their crap is not factusl. They have a job to write. Speculation eats space and it is a filler for the unintelligent readers. I see through the agendas and will wait, but I must admit this may be the TRUTH b/c with time we do get a better picture. Even those media worms become convincing for fishing out info as stuff drags further on. Is this the zenith of everything wrong right now? I phucking hope so and I hope it ain't this bad

You post and all it amounts to is :blahblah: :attention: :bricks:

You post and all it amounts to is :blahblah: :attention: :bricks:

blah blah blah??? it is very coherent did u study @ university by any chance? I turned down Cambridge University in England 4 years ago.

so grumpy:singing: I can write and I don't need your insignificant comments.:)

Blahblah indeed:rocker:

It's impossible to know because none of us were in the room, but I think that things moved so fast in the final ten days that it was almost impossible for DeMaurice Smith to keep enough players informed of where things were going and of the decisions they would have to make, whereas Goodell and the Owners present at the negotiations could reach all 32 Owners within an hour or so of each session. My guess is that there's still a lot of misinformation out there among the players and that there are a lot of players who simply need to be talked to and have things explained to them.

While it's just human nature that some players will be too angry/greedy/dumb to agree with the deal, I still think this whole thing will get wrapped up over the weekend and that there will be a deal by Monday or Tuesday.

Good new! I just listed to Sirius NFL Radio interview Marvin Miller and Miller said that he has been advising DeMaurice Smith this entire time. He says this is a historic moment because this is the first time the union acted like a union. That scares the hell out of me because Miller ruined baseball.

Maybe is isn't all Kessler who wants to be the Marvin Miller of football. It was Miller's "vision" that brought a MLB that has the Pittsburgh Pirates' entire payroll being around who ARod's salary is, the Yankees spending over $100 million more than any other team, and teams like the Yankees and Red Sox being able to buy teams that will be World Series contenders year after year while most other teams can only hope to be flash in the pan contenders where they can build a young good team only to have it picked apart of all their good talent by big market teams like the Sox and Yankees within a few years.

This whole thing had a very Marvin Miller aspect to it. Most, including me, thought it was all Jeffrey Kessler, but it might have been Miller himself pulling the strings trying push the NFL from the #1 sport in the country to a more regionalize sport like he did with MLB. Before Miller brought this system, MLB was the clear cut national sport. Now there are towns with historic MLB that people really don't even care about anymore because can't or won't spend to compete year after year with the Sox and Yankees of the world.

Could anyone explain in lamens terms what Marvin Miller did, why is he so infamous?

Thanks!

(Also Rob why is it considered good news Miller is advising Smith?)

Last edited:
Good new! I just listed to Sirius NFL Radio interview Marvin Miller and Miller said that he has been advising DeMaurice Smith this entire time. He says this is a historic moment because this is the first time the union acted like a union. That scares the hell out of me because Miller ruined baseball.

Maybe is isn't all Kessler who wants to be the Marvin Miller of football. It was Miller's "vision" that brought a MLB that has the Pittsburgh Pirates' entire payroll being around who ARod's salary is, the Yankees spending over $100 million more than any other team, and teams like the Yankees and Red Sox being able to buy teams that will be World Series contenders year after year while most other teams can only hope to be flash in the pan contenders where they can build a young good team only to have it picked apart of all their good talent by big market teams like the Sox and Yankees within a few years.

This whole thing had a very Marvin Miller aspect to it. Most, including me, thought it was all Jeffrey Kessler, but it might have been Miller himself pulling the strings trying push the NFL from the #1 sport in the country to a more regionalize sport like he did with MLB. Before Miller brought this system, MLB was the clear cut national sport. Now there are towns with historic MLB that people really don't even care about anymore because can't or won't spend to compete year after year with the Sox and Yankees of the world.

Kessler is a pimp. He never could have outfought Goodell. But I didn't know until this day that it was Miller all along.

It's impossible to know because none of us were in the room, but I think that things moved so fast in the final ten days that it was almost impossible for DeMaurice Smith to keep enough players informed of where things were going and of the decisions they would have to make, whereas Goodell and the Owners present at the negotiations could reach all 32 Owners within an hour or so of each session. My guess is that there's still a lot of misinformation out there among the players and that there are a lot of players who simply need to be talked to and have things explained to them.

While it's just human nature that some players will be too angry/greedy/dumb to agree with the deal, I still think this whole thing will get wrapped up over the weekend and that there will be a deal by Monday or Tuesday.
I wouldnt use FAST to describe how things moved in the disute at any point.

Could anyone explain in lamens terms what Marvin Miller did, why is he so infamous?

Thanks!

Marvin Miller was the driving force behind free agency in baseball, which has resulted in the most labor-friendly CBA among all the major sports leagues. I assume the pro-players faction would welcome his involvement.

blah blah blah??? it is very coherent did u study @ university by any chance? I turned down Cambridge University in England 4 years ago.

so grumpy:singing: I can write and I don't need your insignificant comments.:)

Blahblah indeed:rocker:
Dude, I'm just an impartial observer, but you really should take more care in grammar, punctuation and organiztion of thoughts (not to mention lightening up on the emoticons) because I find your post unreadable too.
You may have good points but the poor use of the language makes it hard to take them seriously.
No offense, just trying to give you some friendly advice. Do with it what you wish.

Thanks!

Miller was the head of MLB union in the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s. He led the union to strike 3 times. He was instrumental in creating the psydo-free market free agency system in baseball where you have ARod making $30 million a year, the Pirates' entire payroll being around $30 million a year, players signing 10 year, $150 million contracts late in their career and teams having to carry their dead weight for 5 years of it because the contract guaranteed, the creation of arbitration, etc.

I was also being sarcastic that it is good new. The overwhelming majority of people feels that Miller really hurt baseball with what he was able to win for the players. It helped to turn MLB to the clear cut #1 sport in this country to a distant #2 and in some areas #3 or #4.

I don't know if all pro player people would be happy with his involvement. Yes, he was able to bring a lot of the player friendly free market perks into free agency (no ceiling on salaries, not salary cap, guaranteed contracts) without their downfalls (there are still salary minimums that the league must abide by). But he did help to turn the league into a very regionalized sport where every year it seems people are growing less interested in it (attendance and ratings are down everywhere where football ratings are increasing) and only in certain towns it is still very popular. Some of the things invloved in the NFL's free agency system may not be on their face pro player, but they are pro-growth in the NFL's popularity who ultimately rewards players. Miller's MLB rewards the players no matter what it does to the game which ultimately, hurts the players because lower attendance and ratings means that players get less money than they could.

Last edited:
your post seems to hinge of this to start..."psydo-free market"...I'm assuming you mean pseudo-free market...is this correct?

If Miller is indeed behind all this idiocy, then football as we all knew it is OVER. Welcome to $500 seats in the 300's and $20 beer at the concessions.The thought of a Bart Scott making 30 million a season makes me want to puke.

Miller is not the demon that he's painted here. Prior to Miller Baseball WAS almost akin to "slavery" where players were indentured to a single team and had NO control of where they played or what they made. Yes I too yearn for the glory years of prefree agency. Days where you could get into fenway for 50 cent bleacher seats and 15 thousand was considered a good crowd, the Yankees were STILL buying players at their whim, and the Sox sucked Right the good old days :rolleyes:

The REAL problem in any FA situation ISN'T what you pay ARod or Brady, That's not the problem its the Salary inflation that comes with it that causes you to overpay guys like Drew and TBC. Its not FA that cause the problem, its the ARBITRATION that allows players to claim, "well I'm half as good as AROD so I deserve half his salary" Or to put in more historic terms, back in the 80's a wise pundit said, "Its not the 4MM you pay Yaz, its the 2MM you have to pay Jody Reed.

3 things would create a much better situation in Baseball. One would be to eliminate arbitration, to eliminate guaranteed contracts more than 2 years,, and of course a salary cap and floor.

Kessler is a pimp. He never could have outfought Goodell. But I didn't know until this day that it was Miller all along.

Godfather_PK_3-RR-Xsm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents