PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dump Nal?? Who the heck is Barnes.. some savior?? lol...Neal is the most athletic OL the Pats have..in time he'll need to be replaced but dump?? Not really all that smart..and maybe Kaczur is not as good at guard...maybe not as good as Neal...THAT is also possible..

possible, but as athletic as he is, he has missed 16 games over the past 3 years and is getting old.....

no, I'm not......

and neal is going to be 33 and hasn't played a full season since 2005

this is funny.........you get all jiggy about my idea, but think drafting an OT and moving kaczur inside was a great idea........

Ok, you seem to be blending and confusing, so let's break it down.

I'd love the team to get one of the "elite" tackles of this draft. I'd love that BECAUSE he wouldn't have to start right away, but could learn for a year or two. The idea of moving Kaczur inside only comes into play if Neal gets hurt. Neal is this team's best pulling guard, and made an enormous positive difference in the team's running game last season.

Both Light and Kaczur have their contracts coming up in the next 2 years (Kaczur is a RFA next year and Light is signed through 2010), and that's why I'd like the team to draft that tackle now.

Well, their not the greatest, though how they make your point that Kaczur sucks and could be replaced by a mid-round OT in this draft eludes me.

How does first round busts/disapointments have any bearing on my argument on mid-round draft picks? First round busts/disapointments means they are a risk to take at the top and could actually make the point that it is better to draft a tackle in later rounds for more value.

Robert Gallery with the second pick and D'Brickishaw Ferguson with the fourth pick being either busts or disapointments have no bearing either way about my argument about mid-round picks whether I am right or two. Two totally different arguments.

Ok, you seem to be blending and confusing, so let's break it down.

I'd love the team to get one of the "elite" tackles of this draft. I'd love that BECAUSE he wouldn't have to start right away, but could learn for a year or two. The idea of moving Kaczur inside only comes into play if Neal gets hurt. Neal is this team's best pulling guard, and made an enormous positive difference in the team's running game last season.

Both Light and Kaczur have their contracts coming up in the next 2 years (Kaczur is a RFA next year and Light is signed through 2010), and that's why I'd like the team to draft that tackle now.

except that neal has missed 13 games in 2 years and is turning 33........couple that in with the fact that neal is injury prone to start with, and you have a guy who can play but you can't depend on...

the dependability part is the biggest problem here.........the other thing about barnes is that he can also play left tackle so doing this in conjunction with drafting an OT or OG in day 1 can give the group some stability for a few more years

dump neal, move kaczur inside, sign khalif barnes

Not as crazy as it sounds if Neal's injury concerns are still high, but otherwise Neal is still a very good guard who stabalized the o-line with his return last year. I'd pass on Barnes though. Rather have Jon Stinchcomb if the Pats were to go the free agent route. Stacey Andrews might be a possibility, but I don't think he fits the Pats' system.

except that neal has missed 13 games in 2 years and is turning 33........couple that in with the fact that neal is injury prone to start with, and you have a guy who can play but you can't depend on...

the dependability part is the biggest problem here.........the other thing about barnes is that he can also play left tackle so doing this in conjunction with drafting an OT or OG in day 1 can give the group some stability for a few more years

I don't know if I would dump Neal unless they had a lock of a replacement, but injuries are a concern as long as his age. I think it is time to start to think about replacing him, but I don't know if this year is the time to pull the trigger.

Barnes did such a great job that his team just let him walk away after he gave up the most sacks of anyone on that offensive line, including the replacements for the interior players lost at the very start of the season. Give me a player who can help in the run game and keep Brady clean. If he gets hurt, you just hope the drafted tackle is ready.

Last edited:
How does first round busts/disapointments have any bearing on my argument on mid-round draft picks? First round busts/disapointments means they are a risk to take at the top and could actually make the point that it is better to draft a tackle in later rounds for more value.

Robert Gallery with the second pick and D'Brickishaw Ferguson with the fourth pick being either busts or disapointments have no bearing either way about my argument about mid-round picks whether I am right or two. Two totally different arguments.
Well then, Mike Mayock of NFL Network disagrees with your top draft pick assessment, you may continue to restate you point, but for a guy who doesn't follow the draft to argue with Mike Mayock over surety with top draft picks I might consider your argument "silly."

As for which OT with a mid-round projection in this draft might be able to upgrade Kaczur, pray continue with your efforts, I'm quite interested.

Barnes did such a great job that his team just let him walk away after he gave up the most sacks of anyone on that offensive line, including the replacements for the interior players lost at the very start of the season. Give me a player who can help in the run game and keep Brady clean. If he gets hurt, you just hope the drafted tackle is ready.

he was pretty good before the OL fell apart for the jags last year.......he was always better than what he was last year, and the sacks he gave up could also have something to do with the other players on the line.........but you'd want him on the right side anyway........but hes a better run blocker than any OT the pats have

possible, but as athletic as he is, he has missed 16 games over the past 3 years and is getting old.....
Actually it was 13..(PUP for 5 last year, 5 overall in 07 and only 3 in 06)..no doubt he has had some chronic problems..but he is quite strong at the right guard position. 33 old?? That is not so for a lineman..that he may have only a few more years might be possible and brining in someone to replace him in time..but dump?? lol...

Actually it was 13..(PUP for 5 last year, 5 overall in 07 and only 3 in 06)..no doubt he has had some chronic problems..but he is quite strong at the right guard position. 33 old?? That is not so for a lineman..that he may have only a few more years might be possible and brining in someone to replace him in time..but dump?? lol...

per NFL dot com, neal missed 8 games in 07, 5 games in 08, 3 games in 06

it is old for a guy who is hurt every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk