PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone explain to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Jets game is an away game. The Raiders game is a home game for the Broncos. HUGE difference. Jets will still come to fight against the Pats in NY. Raiders will roll over and play dead after the 1st qtr in Denver.

Miami already beat us this year, while the Bengals always choke in the spotlight.

Both play in San Diego, but Denver is more familiar there.

The Pats have usually destroyed the Jets in the second game of the season (buttfumble game which was in NY, 45-3 game). The Dolphins have never swept Brady or Belichick in a season.

I don't under and why people say things like "they almost lost" ...there is no such thing, you either win or lose. Period. I guess the other team "almost won" but didn't.

In saying that the Pats are spending the entire week in CA, business, no trips back to momma or screwing around, they are going to be all business. It's giving them extra time to prepare and they are pissed...I see SD going down hard on Sunday night.

In the standings, sure, but when looking forward it is absolutely useful to look at how the team performed and not just who won. Miami won tonight and NE lost, who is the better team based solely on this week?

This is a Straw Man Argument, right??

I don't scour the Boards anymore than I dial in to Idiot Radio, so I couldn't say, but I pray to God that, while all Fan Bases have their share of Fools & Cowards, there isn't actually a prevalence of such, hereabouts.

01 ~ Anyone who thinks that our "losing" a blatantly and disgustingly referee-aided Game in Green Bay, where the Packers are undefeated, signifies that the Packers are the better Team is a Moron. If these two Teams meet on Neutral Ground with fair officiating today, I'm laying 7 Points, thank you very much.

02 ~ Anyone who believes that the Broncos are a shoe-in for Victory any week, after having witnessed our Evisceration of them a few weeks ago, is a drooling Idiot.

~ Anyone who believe that the Broncos ~ who are 3-3 on the Road, same as us ~ should be expected to beat the 8-3-1 Bengals in Cincinnati, where they're 4-1-1...well, See Above.

04 ~ And anyone who still doesn't get the fact that Mad Bill annually employs September as an extension of Camp, that the Miami Victory then is therefore meaningless, and that we're probably going to slaughter those guys in December ~ I'm thinking "40 Burger" ~ well....See Above.

Our toughest contest is Dead Ahead, where in San Diego the Lightning Bolts are 5-1 at Home, including a Win over last Year's Champion SeaHawks and with a 3 Game Winning Streak...And the only thing worse than facing them, this coming Week, is of course facing us, after yesterday's officiating Atrocity.

Me, I think we demolish'm.

20 points or more is how I see it.
Whoa mama. That's what I like to hear.

I haven't heard from you on these boards in a while!

This is a Straw Man Argument, right??

I don't scour the Boards anymore than I dial in to Idiot Radio, so I couldn't say, but I pray to God that, while all Fan Bases have their share of Fools & Cowards, there isn't actually a prevalence of such, hereabouts.

01 ~ Anyone who thinks that our "losing" a blatantly and disgustingly referee-aided Game in Green Bay, where the Packers are undefeated, signifies that the Packers are the better Team is a Moron. If these two Teams meet on Neutral Ground with fair officiating today, I'm laying 7 Points, thank you very much.

02 ~ Anyone who believes that the Broncos are a shoe-in for Victory any week, after having witnessed our Evisceration of them a few weeks ago, is a drooling Idiot.

~ Anyone who believe that the Broncos ~ who are 3-3 on the Road, same as us ~ should be expected to beat the 8-3-1 Bengals in Cincinnati, where they're 4-1-1...well, See Above.

04 ~ And anyone who still doesn't get the fact that Mad Bill annually employs September as an extension of Camp, that the Miami Victory then is therefore meaningless, and that we're probably going to slaughter those guys in December ~ I'm thinking "40 Burger" ~ well....See Above.

Our toughest contest is Dead Ahead, where in San Diego the Lightning Bolts are 5-1 at Home, including a Win over last Year's Champion SeaHawks and with a 3 Game Winning Streak...And the only thing worse than facing them, this coming Week, is of course facing us, after yesterday's officiating Atrocity.

Me, I think we demolish'm.

20 points or more is how I see it.

Whoa mama. That's what I like to hear.

I haven't heard from you on these boards in a while!

Thanks, Brother Joe!! I was flat out from May Day through Halloween at my job, and took November to just kick back, relax, and recharge...Lots of Work to do!! :D

I am superstitious about my Patriots. Here is what Packer loss accomplished:
1. Rodgers chances of getting the MVP went up substantially. Has a league MVP ever won the SB?
2. This team was peaking too early. I would like them to peak into the SB.
3. Exposed the team weaknesses to the coaches. GB very meticulously planned their game plan and they had a QB to execute it to perfection. I think BB acknowledged it personally to McCarthy during their post game meeting on the field.
4. Exposed the coaches' own play calling weaknesses.
5. Put the comfortable status of HFA in jeopardy. HFA covers up many of this team's weaknesses.
6. Media coverage of this team as "unstoppable" was getting cacophonic. I was getting nervous. Will it be a repeat of 2010 - an equally talented team whose season came to an end at the hands of the hapless jets?
It could still happen, but I think the loss to the Packers will make this stronger to let that happen.

Has a league MVP ever won the SB?

Yes, though not since 1999 (Warner). Yardage kings haven't won in a long time either.

FWIW, I'd strongly contest that the 2010 team was as talented as this one.

The Pats have usually destroyed the Jets in the second game of the season (buttfumble game which was in NY, 45-3 game). The Dolphins have never swept Brady or Belichick in a season.

You can actually go one better on that. NONE of our division rivals have swept us in the Brady-Belichick era. (2001 onward)

You can actually go one better on that. NONE of our division rivals have swept us in the Brady-Belichick era. (2001 onward)

And neither Miami nor Buffalo have beaten Brady in Foxboro. Ever.

And neither Miami nor Buffalo have beaten Brady in Foxboro. Ever.

Hell, the Bills have beaten the Pats once since they shut out the Pats 31-0 opening game in 2003. The Bills have beaten the Pats once the last decade.

Hello, the Bills have beaten the Pats once since they shut out the Pats 31-0 opening game in 2003. The Bills have beaten the Pats once the last decade.

That was in Buffalo, not Gillette.

That was in Buffalo, not Gillette.

I meant to say Hell, not Hello. I was putting more emphasis on your point. Not arguing it. The Bills have beaten the Pats once in the last decade no matter where they played.

I meant to say Hell, not Hello. I was putting more emphasis on your point. Not arguing it. The Bills have beaten the Pats once in the last decade no matter where they played.

Ahhhh... the "Hello!" definitely threw me. Buffalo did knock off NE in 2011 as well. Gotta be fair to our snow covered friends!

"Because Manning is a Top 5 QB and Brady is not" so the Pats will not win out ;)

Miami won tonight and NE lost, who is the better team based solely on this week?

Clearly the Patriots. There is no doubt about that. Miami looked like crap, we were exchanging punches with the only other team that is on our level. It is not even close.

This is one of the better threads I have read. Right on point.

Why all of the sudden is there a sentiment on this board that the Broncos are guaranteed to go 13-3 while the Pats chances of doing the same is in doubt? I just don't get it. Here is my reasoning:

• Both have Buffalo at home (although they may be out of the playoffs by the time they come to Foxboro at the end of the season otherwise they will be playing for their playoff lives in both games)
  • Both play the Chargers in San Diego
  • Both have a game against a bad division rival (Oakland for the Broncos and the Jets for us)
  • Both have a game against a playoff contender (Broncos in Cincy in late December and Pats at home vs. the Dolphins)
  • Manning has been wildly inconsistent lately especially on the road. He was mediocre at best last night and if the Chiefs had a decent offense, the Chiefs might have won.
  • The Pats blew out the Broncos, Bengals, and Colts. All three of those teams are arguably better than any team they will be facing. In fact they had a shot to beat Green Bay in Green Bay who is better than any team the Broncos have faced.
  • The Colts are 3-3 on the road. And played like crap on the road in all their losses and at least one of their wins.
  • The Pats' home field advantage is as good as the Broncos if not better. So both should win their home games.
Why do people think the Broncos are a slam dunk to go 13-3 while the Pats are likely to lose a game or two?

Because we hung out with the Biebs last night... FML :mad:

the pats have the easiest path of any AFC contender......denver also has to go to san diego.....cincy also gets to go to pittsburgh as well (and plays them at home) and goes to cleveland

Denver turned KC into a non-issue.

Which makes the game in San Diego more of a necessity........though even if they lose, they're better than 50-50 to still take the 1 seed

time to take care of business

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back