PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah not sure how we fit his nearly 10 million cap dollars into our available space.

Nope. Totally unnecessary. They have the #1 offense in the league without him. CB would be where a trade is needed right now.

Offensive line is more urgent I'd say. If we're not careful, Edelman will be playing right guard soon.

On the same day that ESPN terminated Grantland, the still-employed trash there put out this level of quality.

Offensive line is more urgent I'd say.
Hopefully Jackson ends up being something minor. It will be better when Mason and Stork come back. Thankfully, Andrews has been very good and they had Wendell waiting as a backup.

MongoSPN....whacked out ,butt hurt morons.They so desperately want something, anything to do with the Patriots success yet are 100% excised from anything even tangentially associated with BB and the management. Someone should send that hack who proposed this piece of ludicrous feces a dog biscuit.

This was one of those "dream trade" type of scenarios that the writer was talking about. Not that the Pats may actually be interested. And while I would love to see Johnson in a Pats uniform, I'd rather them trade for Sean Smith.

Since most of this board (quite reasonably) won't touch ESPN, I just thought I'd offer a public service announcement before anybody wastes time constructing counterarguments:

The writer was just goofing around proposing "what if" dream trades. He knows the $$ would never work in reality. (His "trade proposal" includes a trifling salary for Johnson and a $10 million front office job for Johnson's fiancée. And yes, he's joking.)

Offensive line is more urgent I'd say. If we're not careful, Edelman will be playing right guard soon.

And somehow he would do a credible job of it.

Since most of this board (quite reasonably) won't touch ESPN, I just thought I'd offer a public service announcement before anybody wastes time constructing counterarguments:

The writer was just goofing around proposing "what if" dream trades. He knows the $$ would never work in reality. (His "trade proposal" includes a trifling salary for Johnson and a $10 million front office job for Johnson's fiancée. And yes, he's joking.)

So it was the usual ESPN wasting of time?

Great.

Who needs substance anyway?

Yeah - we seriously need to upgrade our offensive weapons - its our achilles heel and will be the teams undoing in the postseason. :rolleyes:

ESPN appeals to their moron base. They draw clicks to their own articles by throwing out a big name player to a big name team.

A "Calvin Johnson to New England" story is not even remotely realistic, but they don't care about that because it draws more clicks than something that could actually happen, such as (for example) some offensive lineman from St. Louis being traded for a 6th rounder in order to add some depth to an injured front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes