PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryan Stork is placed on DTR reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's me. I think I go Mason-Wendell-Jackson. At least Mason excels at something (run blocking), Josh Kline doesn't excel at anything.

Last edited:
Disappointing, but good for him to take the time he needs to get right. I'll always be grateful even if 2014 is his only year, though I suspect it won't be. I don't see it specifically mentioned, does this mean that Bryan got another concussion on Saturday or did he just prove not ready?

Judging by the fact that they didn't promote or sign an OL, it seems that the team feels less consternation about their OL situation than the fans.

Last edited:
Its weird , why not keeping him on the roster and saving the DTR for another player? He could sit for 4 weeks instead of 8.

That doesnt sound good at all.

What if they have to IR him for the season, the DTR is gone or could be used for another player? Not that would make a big difference in week 8 anyway, just curiosity.

Better start looking for another center, that was a well spent 4th round pick for one year rental of a great player, he has earlier retirement written all over him.

I truly hope this is not the case. I remember feeling the same way about Gronk before last season : two consecutive squandered years - injuries in college - and yet he went out there like a champ last year and I don't think the banner is being raised tomorrow night without that wacky TE.

It is early and there is lots of football to be played. Stork is young and he is strong. But, sadly, if he does retire early - you are right. Totally worth a 4th rounder if... But I'm not nearly there yet.

I'm not sure why Barker isn't on the Practice Squad. Is Clausell really a better PS player?

Better start looking for another center, that was a well spent 4th round pick for one year rental of a great player, he has earlier retirement written all over him.
Yeah I think this guy is likely done, or soon will be. Time to find a new long term center.

If money was the factor, they could've created the cap space to sign Mathis. Getting rid of Branch and Hoomanawanui, for instance, would do it, as would not paying Reggie Wayne $450K for a week and a half of preseason.

For better or worse, I think either the Pats didn't want him for the money he cost or he didn't want to come here.

Wrong. Getting rid of Branch and Hoomanawanui would not have freed up the $5M+ needed to sign Mathis. Cutting Branch would have freed up $1.45 million and Hoomanawanui would be another $1.4M That still leaves you with 2.2M and 1 additional roster space to fill..

People on this board more often than not want to cut off their nose to spite their face with what they suggest.

I'm not sure why Barker isn't on the Practice Squad. Is Clausell really a better PS player?

Barker is injured.. Ankle sprain. Can't practice.. That's why he's not there.

I think people tend to forget, looking back at Solder last season, that he spent the offseason dealing with cancer. I understand viewing him as a bit of a question mark, but it's a question mark where I'm a lot more inclined to be optimistic than not.
Sorry about the thumbs down at first I was trying to click the green agree checkmark but my fingers are to fat apparently. I corrected however so it should be gone.

I agree I think Solder has a lot going for him, people also forget he has not been an OL for very long, he was a TE early in his college career. I still think the kid has a ton of upside.

Honestly is Mason and Jackson develop into the type of players I think they can be this OL could be a top 5 unit when Stork returns. I think Mason will be a pro bowl guard within 3-4 years.

this is awful news.
the line struggled last year until stork started in the middle. if wendell goes down then we're doomed..

i hope tre jackson is legit.

Kline played well last year when needed though

Also, I say this because what kind of concussion do you get in practice that lasts over a month? Also, when do you ever hear of a player getting concussed in practice?

Smelly smelly. And not one thing BB can do about it.

Once you get a concussion you can be prone to easy concussions. I know I have had quite a few in my life. And it is most likely he is dealing with Post Concussion Syndrome. Which in my experience is much worse than the actual concussion.

I hope he gets well soon and that it does not turn into a major problem in his life for him. Two Boston area athletes had their careers early due to concussion problems. Taylor Twellman played his last soccer game at 29. And Marc Savard played last at 34.

Is this going to be a retire young type situation? That would suck.
I was thinking the same thing -- he might be done. Didn't he come here with a history of concussions in college? Damn.

The line struggled at the beginning of last year not just because Stork was missing but also because we experimented there with playing one of the worst Guards in the history of humankind like Devey and T's like Cannon and Fleming out of position. It will be different this year.

Sure it hurts losing someone as awesome as Stork but it just 7 games. I wouldn't worry about his career at the moment, way too early for that. He's one of those tough players like Mankins, that can overcome anything.

Was Andrews bad in preseason? Would like to see him at center and keep Wendell at guard.

Andrews had the same problem that Wendell and Koppen had.. They don't seem able to pick up the delayed blitz.. Andrews got burnt twice on it from what I saw.. He was also over-powered a lot.

The good news is he only misses 7 games, having him and LaFell coming back at mid-season will be huge for us.

As far as the OL goes I think Belichick is going to roll with Mason and Jackson at the guards, they may struggle early, but the experience will only help develop them. I expect Solder to be better this season than last now that he is in good health.

Solder – Mason – Wendell – Jackson – Vollmer

I hate losing Stork. Maybe even more than your individualized font. o_O

I have questions about Storks career if he's missing half the season for a preseason concussion. Could be the Pats playing it safe but thats really, really, super safe.

If it's me. I think I go Mason-Wendell-Jackson. At least Mason excels at something (run blocking), Josh Kline doesn't excel at anything.
He excels at sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe