PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryan Stork is placed on DTR reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think this guy is likely done, or soon will be. Time to find a new long term center.
Actually, that is unnecessarily alarmist. This is almost certainly PCS, and more often than not time will address the problem and it will NOT return.

No guarantee, but the most likely outcome will be he will play and be fine when he returns.

Actually, that is unnecessarily alarmist. This is almost certainly PCS, and more often than not time will address the problem and it will NOT return.

No guarantee, but the most likely outcome will be he will play and be fine when he returns.

Having a concussion increases the likelihood of, yup... getting a concussion. They are cumulative. Reportedly, Stork's had at least 3 concussions in the last 3 seasons. The rookie poster whom you quoted has gotten multiple dislikes for being, quite possibly, correct.

Last edited:
Wrong. Getting rid of Branch and Hoomanawanui would not have freed up the $5M+ needed to sign Mathis. Cutting Branch would have freed up $1.45 million and Hoomanawanui would be another $1.4M That still leaves you with 2.2M and 1 additional roster space to fill..

People on this board more often than not want to cut off their nose to spite their face with what they suggest.

Where are you getting $5M from? Mathis' deal with the Broncos has a year-one cap hit of a little under $3M. By your own numbers, cutting Branch and Hoomanawanui gets you up to $2.85M, and not signing Wayne gets you up to $3.3M.

Note that I didn't say the Pats should've signed Mathis. I said that if they'd been inclined to make it a priority--and if he'd been inclined to come here--it wouldn't have been hard to come up with the money. The money was available, they chose to spend it elsewhere.

Yeah I think this guy is likely done, or soon will be. Time to find a new long term center.

While I don't agree that it's likely, it's certainly a possibility that warrants acknowledging at a minimum. Getting so many concussions--and apparently severe ones at that--is definitely a bad sign. Hopefully the Pats are just playing it safe and making sure they don't mismanage him into another one.

I really hope this doesn't turn into an Austin Collie-type situation. All the obvious reasons why that would suck aside, it also makes me really uneasy as a fan. I know we've all kinda talked ourselves into some kind of denial/rationalization re: the damage the guys we're watching are doing to themselves, but seeing guys take repeated concussions makes it a little harder to do that whole song and dance.

I hate to say it but I don't think we should expect him back. I hope I'm wrong.

Having a concussion increases the likelihood of, yup... getting a concussion. They are cumulative. Reportedly, Stork's had at least 3 concussions in the last 3 seasons. The rookie poster whom you quoted has gotten multiple dislikes for being, quite possibly, correct.
Several people have suggested that..my point is that, very generally speaking, the most likely scenario will be that he'll be ok.

This is a preview of what the league will be in a few years. Get a concussion and sit out 4-6 games.

Several people have suggested that..my point is that, very generally speaking, the most likely scenario will be that he'll be ok.

Where are/where is the statistics/science in your favor?

This is disappointing and even a bit scary. Man, while so many remain concerned about the secondary, this was always my biggest concern. I have no doubt they can get it right, but we all remember how much Brady was abused the first few games of last season. I would not want to see a repeat of that, but I suspect we will see something similar for the first few weeks again. I hope I'm wrong.

Barker is injured.. Ankle sprain. Can't practice.. That's why he's not there.
Thanks for the reminder. I expect that he'll be back on the PS when his ankle has healed.

I wonder when Bill & the FO knew that Stork would miss signifant time.

If he hasn't done so already, Bill needs to start a cattle call of C/Gs, especially those with experience.

I hope they give David Andrews the start at Center and leave Wendell at one of the Guard spots. Wendell played so well at Guard last year him at Center just negates his abilities.

They are all one one injury away from being meh.
Fully disagree. Remove Dareus and Williams and Williams are still on the Bills. Remove Suh, and Wake is still rushing you all night long for the dolphins. Remove Mo and Richardson(and Williams if he turns out to be what he looks like) will still give you trouble. All in our division are atleast two injuries on the DL from being meh. Which is not something you can say for most divisions.

Fully disagree. Remove Dareus and Williams and Williams are still on the Bills. Remove Suh, and Wake is still rushing you all night long for the dolphins. Remove Mo and Richardson(and Williams if he turns out to be what he looks like) will still give you trouble. All in our division are atleast two injuries on the DL from being meh. Which is not something you can say for most divisions.

And Dareus just got paid...

6 year extension

Scared about Stork - you can't "man-up" over concussions - they're bad news.

That's fine you can disagree. It's not how I see it. I feel DLs more specifically "loaded" DLs are almost irrelevant anyway. If you dont have the linebackers then whoopee. So lose one of those guys away, whatever you may have is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST