PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tempted to say he may have been prompted by BB, but that certainly goes against grain. I would say if Hoodie stood up in front of a podium and was asked, we'd get a "I can't comment on every little thing someone in the media says" dismissive. I would also wager that privately, he welcomes the call to action.

Well if thats true, there is no such thing as a Patriot Way then. Its would only be an act thats put on for the cameras

Last edited:
Well if thats true, there is no such thing as a Patriot Way then. Its would only be an act thats put on for the cameras

That is entirely possible.

Can't believe that this innocuous tweet is the "horror" on a day that TFB called on the fans to get sloshed before the game this week. :D :D :D

I don't think BB spends 2 seconds thought on it. I really don't. Tedy doesn't play for the team and BB is too busy preparing for the next game.

I have personal experience with this. I come from a family where there are a lot of coaches at high school, college, and pro levels. They have very thick skin...trust me. They don't pay attention to this kind of stuff.

I remember one of my family members was getting torn up on a forum one time with a bunch of lies by someone who "heard it firsthand". It was a major program so the forum had about 30 pages on it before I said something. Well, I had enough and started setting the record straight. Of course no one believed me and they believed this other jerk who was making the whole thing up.

When my family member heard that I responded (because I made the mistake of telling my mother - can't keep a secret ), I got an e-mail from the target of the forum (family member ) asking me to stop defending them and that they don't pay attention to that crap and much worse has been said. I was asked to stop reading the forum and they would be fine.

Anyway, the point is, that when BB says he doesn't pay attention, he probably doesn't. The coaches are way too busy worrying about their next opponent.

This whole thing is just so much BS I stayed away from this meaningless thread. However since this has become such a "celeb du jour" I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. I'm not going to read 29 pages to catch up, so if any of my thoughts are redundant, then I apologize in advance

I have no problem with Bruschi's comments. His job is to make buzz provoking comments aboutb the NFL. He did his job, all you have to do is look at the 220 odd posts in this thread. Its the big media topic of the day locally and nationally concerning the Pats, it maybe just BS but Tedy earned his check with this.

But in reality its really just a tempest in a teapot. Monday night in Miami the game plan was to go 2 TEs and 2 WRs as the base package. Just WHERE was Ocho supposed to play. Certainly at this stage of the season he wasn't going to beat out Branch or Welker. At this point of the season he is the #3 WR. Monday that translated into 18 snaps, 3 targets and one catch (a very nice one BTW).

The real issue is that there IS no issue. It simply wasn't a game plan where the #3 WR was in a position to shine.and aside from the penalty, Chad DID HIS JOB. Isn't that what EVERY Patriot player is SUPPOSED to do? This is ANOTHER example of the media and fans creating an issue rather than there actually being one.

The sad fact is, if Chad HADN'T tweeted anything that night, the big headline today would have been, "Chad doesn't tweet. He must be pouting about not being a factor in a record setting performance. Then Felger would have commented. "I saw him on the sideline and he wasn't sitting on Brady's lap. That body language CONFIRMS it. Ocho really is upset." THEN WEEI's big show opens their show with the opening. Media sources CONFIRM that Ocho is upset about not getting the ball enough.

This would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth

The bottom line here is that Ocho was NEVER going to be "the impact player" that he's been made to be by the very same media that is tearing him down today. No WR other than an Andre Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald, or Randy Moss circa 2007 type would be be. NOT in this offense.

In THIS offense Ocho is just a piece of the puzzle. In game plans were the #3 WR has a big roll he'll get his catches. When (not if) Deion gets banged up, he'll get his chances. Media claims that he's in trouble are just Bs. There will be plenty of times as this season winds down when Chad will earn his keep. Believe me,,

Last edited:
Felger had an interesting observation after today's pressers. Any time Moss' effort or effectiveness was questioned, the HC and the QB rushed to his defense. Today you really didn't hear that. Maybe they don't think Chad needs to be defended, or maybe all that mentally tough talk is more than platitudes and they aren't going down that road again. Self starters don't need defenders and they don't need to be proped up. In fact critics just underscore their resolve to prove them wrong. Eventually we shall see. We always do, whether even then some want to admit it or not.

Felger had an interesting observation after today's pressers. Any time Moss' effort or effectiveness was questioned, the HC and the QB rushed to his defense. Today you really didn't hear that. Maybe they don't think Chad needs to be defended, or maybe all that mentally tough talk is more than platitudes and they aren't going down that road again. Self starters don't need defenders and they don't need to be proped up. In fact critics just underscore their resolve to prove them wrong. Eventually we shall see. We always do, whether even then some want to admit it or not.

Chad is really the sideshow in this.

This is really more about Tedy and Rodney.

Chad is really the sideshow in this.

This is really more about Tedy and Rodney.

...who are doing their jobs very well.

As I wrote before, they (at least Tedy) will probably get a nice bonus. Unless there is plagiarism, Borges and Felger always do.

But as Patfanken wrote, a 2TE 2 WR lineup means #3 won't get many chances.

Last edited:
A few points about the Ochocinco topic in general:

1.) If I hear one more Boston media person or Pats fans compare Ochocinco to Jabar Gaffney in that "Gaffney picked up the system right away so why can't Ochocinco?" type of argument, I am going to scream. I still don't get how guys who get paid and some very good money to follow and analyze this team fail to realize that the ten games Gaffney played in the regular season of 2006 that he struggled mightedly.

2.) People talk about how Ochocinco struggled in his first game in a new team, but fail to look around the league at other WRs veteran WRs in new teams struggled.

I looked a the ESPN rankings of Free Agent WRs who went to new teams and I will list how they did:

Sidney Rice - Did not play - Injured
Braylon Edwards - 3 catches, 27 yards
Steve Smith - Did not play - Injured
Mike Sims-Walker - 1 catch, 5 yards
Plaxico Burress - 4 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD (he got most of his catches against a back up CB though and he ran mostly go routes)
Steve Breaston - 2 catches, 26 yards
Jerricho Cotchery - Did not play - Injured
Legedu Naanee - 1 catch, 21 yards
Michael Jenkins - 3 catches, 26 yards, TD
Maurice Stovall - 1 catch 5 yards
Derrick Mason - 3 catches, 19 yards

Not that the free agent WR market was strong this year, but this shows that almost every WR who is playing for a new team didn't do well. Plaxico is the only one who did well and he ran simple routes against a mediocre CB. Watching the game, he blew a couple of plays too.

Ocho is old, slow, and apparently not very bright. This is quickly shaping up to be Galloway part deux.

As a rookie you might start by reading the thread before beclowning yourself from the get go

You might want to consider that I dont give a squirrle turd about what you or any other loser on the internet thinks about me.

Ocho is old and slow. Both facts.

Debunk what I said or dont bother quoting me. Chief.

Another troll likely to be banned before he gets to 100 posts.

Seems to be the year for it.

You might want to consider that I dont give a squirrle turd about what you or any other loser on the internet thinks about me.

Struck home with that eh? You post crap but you don't care what anyone thinks and THEN you respond when someone contradicts your brilliant well supported factual reasoned argument. I sense a contradiction in the Force.

Again I challenge you to read the plethora of thoughtful comments in this thread before spouting your unsupported nonsense.

Oh, you can bet your life that some on here will still be making excuses long after BB gives him the boot.

See Maroney, Lawrence.

MoGame, is that you?

You might be right about me getting banned. But it wont be for violating the rules. It will be for giving my honest opinion and it not being popular.

Another Internet hero in his own mind, Speaking Truth To Power!

Maybe it's Bruschi way to jump start OchoCinco ala Tom Jackson 2003. Funny how it was also after game 1.

Old and slow would be relative and unsupportable as "facts"...

OT: Anyone see that Brady is getting sued by John Hannah and other NFL HOF'ers?

I didnt see a thread on it, and cant start one yet. :mad:
I think i smell a........ TROLL.

So how do you think the Dolts are going to do Sunday????

Last edited:
That is the FUNNIEST thing I have read all day. Gruden educates. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He loves everyone, makes sunshine out of JAG manure, is almost unlistenable. Gruden educates. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grudens sucks.

He was on his knees all night rambling on about Tom Brady. He was probably on twitter too shouting out to Ocho with his Brady manlove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back