PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho in "AWE" of TB and the Pats, sounds like a cop out to me. Chad has played against the Pats before why is he all of a sudden in Awe? I always like Chad Johnson, in the past i had hoped to one day see him on the team. But he has to get his head of of his Azz and start doing what ever it is he isn't. Studying, Practicing, of more likely he has to Accept the fact that this isn't Cinncy and he just can't run down the field and the ball will be thrown to him. That hes got to be in a particular place at a particular time to get the ball thrown to him.

Tedy is off as well. They all say that Ocho is a very hard working person and is doing alot to try and learn the system so to say he need's to get his head out of his a** is just plain dumb.

Playing AGAINST a team and playing FOR a team are 2 totally different tangents. Give the guy a chance, he just watched Tom Brady go for 500 hundred yards in the season opener. Coming from a team led by Carson Palmer...could you blame him ?

"You" were getting? Huh?

The guy has actually been one of the top five receivers the past 10 years. Hardly hype.

If you don't like the guy just come out and say it.

if not, how about some intelligent input into evaluation.

I've posted many times that I do not like Chad Ochocinco the player. Never have. He used to be pretty good, his skills have dimished greatly. I do notlike what he brings to the Patriots table. I honestly never saw how he helps. I want a receiver that can help spread the field, or cause a mismatch, maybe get seperation even? LOL! Shoot, I'll settle for running the right route.

Guess Bruschi, Rodney and Fauria are dumb too?

Sorry to rain on your binky. No harm, no foul. The Pats don't need him right now. Hopefully he'll be an actual contributer when they do.

You are probably suprised because your thinking makes zero sense.

It's easy to come down on Tedy because he is way out of line.

If you want to think clearly and with intelligence, you should first reconcile the concept and irony about why a guy with an open mike and giving you a peek; is also the same guy that supposedly "always kept it in house".

Also, which one of the Tedy/Rodney homers will now say that former player Tom Jackson was perfectly correct in saying per 2003 that the Patriots hate their coach after week 1?

Tom Jackson was not a part of the Patriot organization in 2003, or prior to that. Even if he had the ear of a player hear or there, he did not have a general feel for the Pats locker room like Tedy/Rodney.

Sorry, but I disagree. It's very clear that Tedy still has the passion he had while playing. Now instead of having to hold the company line, he lets it rip. I have no problem with it.

As far as my thinking making sense, maybe I am not making my point. There's no muzzle on Tedy/Rodney now. It's great to hear his rants, IMO, as insight to his personality. It's not a reach for me to think that he would have shared his thoughts with 85 in a similar, or even more colorful manner, across the locker room behind closed doors.

1.) Zolak says that Johnson is busting his ass to learn what he's doing.

2.) Johnson wasn't complaining.

3.) As I pointed out earlier, Gaffney went through this in 2006
I believe he is busting his azz at practice, thats his rep. I don't think the guy is dumb, imo he hasn't completely checked his Ego at the door yet, maybe i'm wrong. I think i read earlier that he was still tweeting. Up until i read the Tedy B rant i thought it was jsut a case of Ocho not having gone through OTA's etc. But i think teddy is wired into the team and maybe he hears things that aren't reported publicly

Last edited:
Why compare him to Galloway? Why not compare him to, say, Gaffney?

My post was in direct response to a post about Galloway (whom BB gave 6.5 months to learn the system) .

I wasn't picking the name out of a bag.

BTW, Gaffney was crap the first year he played for the Patriots in 2006. After one game, Ochocinco is on the same 1 catch per game pace of Gaffney 2006 - - with Brady having FAR better options to throw to this year.

I fail to see why Gaffney is lionized on this site while Reche Caldwell is pilloried - - Caldwell caught almost as many passes in one season in NE than Gaffney caught in three.

Last edited:
You really act like Tedy got all those rings all by his little self. And Tedy knows nothing about playing Wide receiver for the record.

No, I don't think he did it alone. But I think he was a big part of creating what we know as The Patriot Way.

Whether or not Bruschi knows how to play WR is irrelevant. He's stating 85 isn't up to speed from his point of view.

You and Bruschi follow him on Twitter, and OCHOCINCO is the one acting like a school girl? :D
I have a twitter account and Johnson is on there.

I really dont care about his Prius or what he had for dinner last night.

I want to see TDs and receptions out of him. 5 million dollars worth.

First off, He was lined up properly on that play. Gronk went in motion to his side of the field and lined up next to Light. However, Gronk lined up more than 1 yard behind the LOS, so he was not, technically, on the LOS. Which means that Chad wasn't "covering up the TE" as the Ref announced.

It was a bad call by the line judge (or whomever is responsible for making that call).

Had Chad moved back off the line, I'm sure that the Officials would have call for an improper formation with only 6 players on the line..

I noticed this on the replay. Gronk's head was right around on the same "level" as Light's hips. I thought that was far enough back but wasn't sure. I did always think that the mistake (if there was one) was Gronk's but the ref's called 85 because the penalty is always on the outside guy when this happens, no matter who is actually at fault, which in this case, I think was the ref that threw the flag.

I believe he is busting his azz at practice, thats his rep. I don't think the guy is dumb, imo he hasn't completely checked his Ego at the door yet, maybe i'm wrong.I think i read earlier that he was still tweeting.

So? Do I really have to sit here and list all the Patriots who are on Twitter? It's quite amazing how none of you ever complain that Leigh Bodden tweets a ton, or that McCourty uses Twitter. Man, Green-Ellis uses Twitter, he must have a HUGE EGO.

Last edited:
I believe he is busting his azz at practice, thats his rep. I don't think the guy is dumb, imo he hasn't completely checked his Ego at the door yet, maybe i'm wrong. I think i read earlier that he was still tweeting. Up until i read the Tedy B rant i thought it was jsut a case of Ocho not having gone through OTA's etc. But i think teddy is wired into the team and maybe he hears things that aren't reported publicly

You've got to be kidding me with this.

Tom Jackson was not a part of the Patriot organization in 2003, or prior to that. Even if he had the ear of a player hear or there, he did not have a general feel for the Pats locker room like Tedy/Rodney.

Sorry, but I disagree. It's very clear that Tedy still has the passion he had while playing. Now instead of having to hold the company line, he lets it rip. I have no problem with it.

As far as my thinking making sense, maybe I am not making my point. There's no muzzle on Tedy/Rodney now. It's great to hear his rants, IMO, as insight to his personality. It's not a reach for me to think that he would have shared his thoughts with 85 in a similar, or even more colorful manner, across the locker room behind closed doors.

Jackson was a former player. He didn't play for the Pats, big woppie.

How many guys are still left from 2008? If you never liked former players diagnosing lockerroom dynamics; principle says don't practice the technique when you are the analyst.

Tedy may have passion draining from the yazoo. He's not playing for the Patriots, he's not in the locker room. The locker room is for the players.

Besides, if keeping it "in house" is so important, why is passion an excuse for breaking a cardinal rule?

The matter of "85" is for the staff and lockerroom not outside analysts.

Tedy and Rodney should be the first adherents to that practice.

Well, if John Beatie says it, it must hold some real weight :D

I swear (not you NYCPats ) that some of you need to stop watching football or at least stick your heads in the sand and pretend that it isn't a harsh game.

Who's earned the right to say something, John Beattie ( a glorified blogger) or Tedy and Rodney?

We don't seem to mind when they say something about another team but when they call out someone on the Patriots, they're out of line?

I die to hear someone close to the game say something daily instead of these hacks like Breers who just throw crap out there to see what sticks. Now you're getting it from the horses mouth and you're complaining that it's too harsh?

Ignore the media and pretend it doesn't exist then. Watch your game and tune out after Sunday. The game isn't for pretenders and the game isn't for the weak-willed. This is a brutal game played by men who give their bodies up while they play. If they don't have the right to speak, who does?

No, I don't think he did it alone. But I think he was a big part of creating what we know as The Patriot Way.

Whether or not Bruschi knows how to play WR is irrelevant. He's stating 85 isn't up to speed from his point of view.

So the "Patriot Way" is publicly airing someone out that plays for your former team?
How do you think BB feels about what Bruschi did ?

Last edited:
Jackson was a former player. He didn't play for the Pats, big woppie.

How many guys are still left from 2008? If you never liked former players diagnosing lockerroom dynamics; principle says don't practice the technique when you are the analyst.

Tedy may have passion draining from the yazoo. He's not playing for the Patriots, he's not in the locker room. The locker room is for the players.

Besides, if keeping it "in house" is so important, why is passion an excuse for breaking a cardinal rule?

The matter of "85" is for the staff and lockerroom not outside analysts.

Tedy and Rodney should be the first adherents to that practice.

If they are not allowed to talk about players, what are analysts allowed to do?

Obviously not verbally slain people that are really trying their hardest and if they do, get the facts straight before doing so.

I love you people who act like Twitter is a part time job. News flash: Hundreds of players all around the league are on Twitter, and it doesn't take away time that they could be spending in the film room. When Edelman tweets that him and Fletcher and Gronk are heading to a steakhouse to eat, do you get pissed that he's on Twitter and eating dinner instead of being in the film room?

No, I dont.

I know Edelman is working as hard as he can transitioning from QB to WR and helping the team any way he can. He made the roster this season when he wasnt guaranteed anything. Edelamn seems to use twitter as a means of communicating with other Pats players.

We already know that Johnson thinks Brady is just great and heard him all through training camp. The Pats dont need anymore Cheerleaders.

That was a good commentary. The most poignant take from the article was this paragraph for me.

While questioning anything Bruschi says or does is sacrilege in these parts, one has to wonder who gave Bruschi the right to tell Ochocinco what he can and can't do? Last I checked, No. 54 on the Patriots was Brian Waters, not Tedy Bruschi. Same can be said about Rodney Harrison, who told Ochocinco "Instead of tweeting ... focus on what you can do to get on the field and make us better, make us a more complete team."

He hasn't been on this team in 3 years. Locker rooms change....... Barely 12-14 guys in this locker room ever played with him. Sure some things don't change, but teams do....... He's probably not nearly "in-touch" with current team then most of you think. Sure, he has long time friendships with the likes of Brady, VW and some of the dudes on the team, but to the vast majority of the team, he's just another media guy that happens to have played with the patriots. He's not in their team meeting, sweating out on the field, in the weight room, etc....

That's my whole point........ He's really not in a position to "motivate" someone like Chad, or light a fire under his butt or whatever. To Chad, Tedy is just another media guy saying negative stuff about him. It's not like Brady or BB walking up to him in the locker room and saying "Yo dude, less twitter..... more playbook".

That's the kinda thing that would motive a player, because these people actually have sway over Chad. Tedy has to know this so there is only 1 or 2 reasons for ranting on him the way he did....... 1) He's completely jumped the shark and fully transitioned from the player we once and always loved into the same typical media blowhard at ESPN we all hate. or 2) It's personal for some reason.

Neither of which is very good. Tedy was totally over the line. He certainly doesn't need to apologize to Chad, because to Chad, he's just another media a-wipe that spouted negative stuff about him. That's all he'll ever be to him.

It's sad to see our beloved player transition to the media because they eventually become what many of despise.

The problem is that some people aren't looking at what Bruschi wrote as simply the musings of analyst with column inches to fill.

They look at Bruschi as a 'man in the know' - or even a voice for Belichicks unspoken thoughts.

Which he isn't.

Bruschi's priority is getting hits for ESPN - if any of the regular shysters had written this dirge (Borge, Shaunessy etc) they'd have been crucified - and rightly so, in my book.

So? Do I really have to sit here and list all the Patriots who are on Twitter? It's quite amazing how none of you ever complain that Leigh Bodden tweets a ton, or that McCourty uses Twitter. Man, Green-Ellis uses Twitter, he must have a HUGE EGO.

And either Ridley or Vereen spends a lot to time on facebook (can't remember which one of them it was that I saw their page).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back