PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi headin' home

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his injury is this bad, and they are desperate for the roster space, they will reach an injury settlement. This will free up the roster spot and make Bruschi a Free Agent. If his knee is better in 4 weeks and the Patriots are in the playoffs, he gets re-signed for the Playoff run.

If the Patriots don't make the playoffs, Bruschi would be free to sign with whatever team is in the playoffs (NY Giants if Antonio Pierce gets suspended ???).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought putting a player on IR removed them from the 52-man roster, thus freeing up a spot. That is basically the point of putting them on IR, otherwise you'd just keep them around. I guarantee that Bruschi is not getting released right now.

So anyone know what Roman Pfifer is up to nowadays? :p I think the Patriots only option is to promote from internally. I don't know how serious Redd's injury is but hopefully he is ok to play. Otherwise maybe someone on the PS gets called up.

Belichick joked when he did his interview with the big show that Deosse needs to start getting ready.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought putting a player on IR removed them from the 52-man roster, thus freeing up a spot. That is basically the point of putting them on IR, otherwise you'd just keep them around. I guarantee that Bruschi is not getting released right now.

So anyone know what Roman Pfifer is up to nowadays? :p I think the Patriots only option is to promote from internally. I don't know how serious Redd's injury is but hopefully he is ok to play. Otherwise maybe someone on the PS gets called up.

You missed Mark's point...
If on IR - can't play this season or in the playoffs
If injury settlement, can posibly re-sign Bru in January for the playoffs

Both methods free up a spot but IR is PERMANENT season wise

Last edited:
Wonder who will be taking his spot.

Thankfully with Seau back I think we are fine at ILB with Mayo-Guyton and Seau to spell them. At OLB, if Woods can get back soon it's not too bad overall.

Aside from his recent woes, is Archuleta capable of filling the void?

Has a reputation for being a workout fiend so likely is in shape. And versatile between the LB and safety position.

just a thought.

Last edited:
Everytime I remember our ILB situation last year I find it hard to believe. We had Seau, Bruschi, and THAT WAS IT, playing full time. This season, even without AD and Bru, our LB's just may be in better overall shape than last season. If Woods returns at the level he was playing, it almost certainly is better.

Now CB is another story :mad:

Everytime I remember our ILB situation last year I find it hard to believe. We had Seau, Bruschi, and THAT WAS IT, playing full time.
I think you are forgetting that Thomas played a lot of reps inside last year...

Until he was gone for the season than it was pretty much all Bru and all JR.

Sorry, I meant to say after Colvin's injury and when Thomas was moved outside. That was for at least the last 4-5 regular season games plus 3 playoff games, a long time with 2 guys on their last legs manning the inside.

Sorry, I meant to say after Colvin's injury and when Thomas was moved outside. That was for at least the last 4-5 regular season games plus 3 playoff games, a long time with 2 guys on their last legs manning the inside.
That is true...but not all season...true they did do that..and it wasn't all that bad...

First....Bruschi is not on IR...he has not been placed there...unless there is some update he is still on the 53...secondly...Matt Chatham??? Heard a few things about him being around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes