PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos shut out. LOL

After numerous tough games through the first 7, it will be nice to have a preseason-like atmosphere and an easy guaranteed victory when NE plays these guys in a couple of weeks.
Nice try, Fourier Series.

Your over the top insufferable homer attitude strongly hinted at who you were, and your prseaseson comments proved it. You are a troll with too much time on your hands who is baiting people.

Did Sanders play yesterday? I know he hurt his ankle last week. missing him is a big loss.
No. He was scheduled to miss a game or two. Hopefully, they’ve lost several in a row by the time we go there. The offense sucks if you can stop the run.

They’re 3-1 at home this year. They still obviously have an advantage playing at home due to the Mile High atmosphere.

I’m not sure what pointing out one poor game shows anyone. We almost lost to the 2-4 Bucs at home and it came down to one final play near the end zone.

Watch out. The 3-3 team with no offense who got demolished by a winless opponent at home will surely pose an enormous threat. How shall we overcome this juggernaut?

Tampa game wasn't at home. Have you been paying attention this season?

Watch out. The 3-3 team with no offense who got demolished by a winless opponent at home will surely pose an enormous threat. How shall we overcome this juggernaut?

This is the FourierSeries way. It happens in 3 steps:

1) Observe that every future opponent is garbage and has zero chance to beat us.
2) The game happens.
3) If we lost, claim it was only because of the refs or some other bizarre anomaly, and the team in question is still garbage and the Pats are still perfect.

Why'd you switch accounts, anyway? Did you finally manage to get your old one banned? We do this song and dance about the Broncos every year. They're a formidable opponent; yeah they're flawed, but so is every other team in the league. The Pats have looked pretty vulnerable in their own right as often as not.

They're a formidable opponent; yeah they're flawed, but so is every other team in the league. The Pats have looked pretty vulnerable in their own right as often as not.

16-3

Okay, you’re right about the Bucs game not being at home and Ill edit my post accordingly, but anyone who would argue against Denver having an advantage at Mile High stadium is completely clueless. As mentioned, they’re 3-1 this year. They could finish at 4-4 and it would still be a difficult place to play due to the thin air.

Last edited:
This is the FourierSeries way. It happens in 3 steps:

1) Observe that every future opponent is garbage and has zero chance to beat us.
2) The game happens.
3) If we lost, claim it was only because of the refs or some other bizarre anomaly, and the team in question is still garbage and the Pats are still perfect.

Why'd you switch accounts, anyway? Did you finally manage to get your old one banned? We do this song and dance about the Broncos every year. They're a formidable opponent; yeah they're flawed, but so is every other team in the league. The Pats have looked pretty vulnerable in their own right as often as not.
He was banned, as far as I know.

And putting up the “16-3” score (an oft-played track from his greatest hits album) like it’s somehow proof of anything only confirms my belief that it’s him. That was his go-to move.

Why was Fourier Series banned?

Why was Fourier Series banned?
He made a bunch of wagers on the fight, then refused to pay citing “that McGregor was actually the winner.” After serving a small suspension and having been given a warning about not making bets on the site, he returned full gusto in total troll mode, responding only to get a rise out of posters in typical 12 year old fashion. Lots of dislikes, no logic or reasonable exchanges, etc. Basically, he came back just to be an ass.

I don’t know for a fact that he was definitely banned, but at one point he had pages full of negative interactions with a bunch of posters going on at the same time, and was making no attempt at wanting to act like an adult.

Okay, you’re right about the Bucs game not being at home and Ill edit my post accordingly, but anyone who would argue against Denver having an advantage at Mile High stadium is completely clueless. As mentioned, they’re 3-1 this year. They could finish at 4-4 and it would still be a difficult place to play due to the thin air.

I believe Denver at home has ranked consistently very high in opponent false starts (crowd noise) And no one need say anything more than 5,280 feet-altitude acclimation for opponents. Is anyone seriously arguing Denver's extra built in advantage when playing at home?
This advantage does not mean Denver will win -- is anyone saying that? -- what it means is playing in Denver presents an added level of challenge compared to nearly all other venues. That's not really arguable.

Personally I think the Patriots will beat Denver for the same reason they beat them last year: the Patriots' balance as a team > Denver's top D + HFA - bottom third offense. But I suspect just like last year it will be a noticeably lower offensive output for us compared to the final season average. I think a 16-3 repeat may bot be far off. But when you win 16-3 the game tends to be uncomfortably closer than the small output of 3 points tends to suggest it is.

I believe Denver at home has ranked consistently very high in opponent false starts (crowd noise) And no one need say anything more than 5,280 feet-altitude acclimation for opponents. Is anyone seriously arguing Denver's extra built in advantage when playing at home?
This advantage does not mean Denver will win -- is anyone saying that? -- what it means is playing in Denver presents an added level of challenge compared to nearly all other venues. That's not really arguable.

Personally I think the Patriots will beat Denver for the same reason they beat them last year: the Patriots' balance as a team > Denver's top D + HFA - bottom third offense. But I suspect just like last year it will be a noticeably lower offensive output for us compared to the final season average. I think a 16-3 repeat may bot be far off. But when you win 16-3 the game tends to be uncomfortably closer than the small output of 3 points tends to suggest it is.
Yeah, while the game was never really in doubt, it was a typical grind it out win on the road. The score was 10-3 fairly late in the 3rd quarter. They added a couple of Gostowski FGs to pull away.

188 yards for Brady. Dion Lewis was the big hero with 90+ yards rushing. I agree with what you said in another post. Stop their running game and things become substantially easier. The running joke with Fourier Series is that he bragged in every thread those weeks about how they’d go to Denver and blow them out in 2015, but he was wrong—twice. While we’ve all been wrong plenty of times here before, he decided to double down and attempt the same logic as his Mayweather-McGregor prediction, stating that he was right all along, and that they really didn’t lose. Weird.

Yeah, while the game was never really in doubt, it was a typical grind it out win on the road. The score was 10-3 fairly late in the 3rd quarter. They added a couple of Gostowski FGs to pull away.

188 yards for Brady. Dion Lewis was the big hero with 90+ yards rushing. I agree with what you said in another post. Stop their running game and things become substantially easier. The running joke with Fourier Series is that he bragged in every thread those weeks about how they’d go to Denver and blow them out in 2015, but he was wrong—twice. While we’ve all been wrong plenty of times here before, he decided to double down and attempt the same logic as his Mayweather-McGregor prediction, stating that he was right all along, and that they really didn’t lose. Weird.

"Fourier Series"? Ummm, an esperanto phrase?

Ah, read further back in the thread. I don't follow enough posts to know much about most posters or who may be a regular troll. While I can ignore wrongheaded thinking (even the best are guilty of it sometimes), I'm an avid user of the ignore button. Life's just too short to have one of my few entertainment outlets, PF, get mangled by a troll. :)

On the subject of the Denver game, while the stats don't necessarily show it IMHO the Patriots -- when BB/MP want it -- are playing very solid run D. So if Denver is going to win this game they are either going to do it in the air or from TOs. I'll be shocked and disappointed if Denver runs well against us (and it will too likely translate into an L).

Their HFA is so real, that ... get this ... they got manhandled with ease by an 0-5 team (now 1-6.)
Patriots 11 straight road wins - also real.

After numerous tough games through the first 7, it will be nice to have a preseason-like atmosphere and an easy guaranteed victory when NE plays these guys in a couple of weeks.

The Broncos are exactly the kind of defense that has given us fits, consistently, in the Belichick era. Expecting an easy win against them, in Denver, is just silly. Especially with the blatant cheating by the refs in our regular season matchup there two years ago and our ability to make average and bad QBs look great. That game will be a dogfight I think we win, but it will not be easy. I would love to be proven wrong.

The Broncos are exactly the kind of defense that has given us fits, consistently, in the Belichick era. Expecting an easy win against them, in Denver, is just silly. Especially with the blatant cheating by the refs in our regular season matchup there two years ago and our ability to make average and bad QBs look great. That game will be a dogfight I think we win, but it will not be easy. I would love to be proven wrong.
If this is your belief, then why did you find my post above amusing? Just curious as we seem to share the same opinion. Denver may be struggling but they often seem to play us tough at Mile High.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back