PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos shut out. LOL

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Broncos shut out. LOL

Needed a lucky FG block in week one to beat SD, now they get held scoreless and drop to 3-3. Trevor Siemian looks like every bit the terrible QB he is. I'm sure he will look like a cross between Brady and Aaron Rodgers against us in a few weeks. But their offense is terrible. This is what happens when you spend all your money on one side of the ball and your roster is top heavy.

I've been saying for a while: Elway is in over his head. Every once in a while you can win a title with an all time great squad on just one side of the ball (Seahawks, Rams, Broncos) but generally you have to have balance. Every time I point out that this team is not a contender I get told I am wrong. I know we are just six weeks in, but if you honestly believe this is a team capable of winning a playoff game or two you just aren't paying attention.

Their next three games are KC, Philly and NE. They could easily have a six game losing streak on their hands by then. People pushing Denver as a contender, it's time to give it up. Their offensive line is awful, which makes Siemian even worse. The Chargers were getting to him consistently even with three man "blitzes." That team is garbage. the defense gave up 14 points and still lost.

Its also only 7 weeks in and 7 weeks hardly is enough proof of who's winning the big one.

So the Browns could go? How about the Colts? Denver was a bad team last year and they are a bad team this year with essentially the same cast minus TJ Ward. How much more evidence do you need to admit that this is not a contender?

The story of Denver's offensive resurrection has been greatly exaggerated

It was one game. They are averaging 18 ppg this year. I watched most of that game Trevor looked almost Tebowesque out there. Not a good QB. They were arrogant and delusional to not go after Romo. That team would have been scary.

Last edited:
I actually feel bad for Trevor. He's obviously not an NFL quarterback but wanted to be drafted here.

Surprised. I think we will see Brock on November.

Broncos shut out. LOL

I've been saying for a while: Elway is in over his head. Every once in a while you can win a title with an all time great squad on just one side of the ball (Seahawks, Rams, Broncos) but generally you have to have balance. Every time I point out that this team is not a contender I get told I am wrong. I know we are just six weeks in, but if you honestly believe this is a team capable of winning a playoff game or two you just aren't paying attention.
Never the less those teams DID win. No?

I actually feel bad for Trevor. He's obviously not an NFL quarterback but wanted to be drafted here.
Semen wanted to be drafted by the Patriots? Really? Not claiming that it isn't true; I just hadn't heard that until now.

So the Browns could go? How about the Colts? Denver was a bad team last year and they are a bad team this year with essentially the same cast minus TJ Ward.

The Broncos have a higher ceiling than those teams and SHOULD have a better record. They're underperforming, have some important injuries, and still need to make some fixes.

Their defense could make them a threat. Can never look past their elite talent on that side of the ball. But I agree with the OP, they need better talent in order to be true Super Bowl contenders

Denver is who we thought they were, and that's a strong, physical defensive team with limited offensive firepower. That said, their HFA is real, and when they are able to get the running game going they look much better. Stop the run and you put the game in Simien's hands, where your odds shoot up drastically.

In terms of yesterday's game, I'm starting to think that SD isn't quite the pushover that some see them to be. They should've started 2-0 had it not been for the terrible end of game FG misses by their young kicker who they canned. They've now won 3 in a row. They have an experienced QB, some talent at the skill positions (certainly Allen and Gordon), and have an aggressive defense.

It was one game. They are averaging than 18 ppg this year. I watched most of that game Trevor looked almost Tebowesque out there. Not a good QB. They were arrogant and delusional to not go after Romo. That team would have been scary.
They should go after Tebow then though, for those intangibles Siemian doesn't have.

Denver is who we thought they were, and that's a strong, physical defensive team with limited offensive firepower. That said, their HFA is real, and when they are able to get the running game going they look much better. Stop the run and you put the game in Simien's hands, where your odds shoot up drastically.

In terms of yesterday's game, I'm starting to think that SD isn't quite the pushover that some see them to be. They should've started 2-0 had it not been for the terrible end of game FG misses by their young kicker who they canned. They've now won 3 in a row. They have an experienced QB, some talent at the skill positions (certainly Allen and Gordon), and have an aggressive defense.

Sums up the Broncos well.
But if their O doesn't find a higher gear soon (they haven't hit 17 points in a month), HFA isn't going to be much of a concern. In the last month the Giants put 23 on them, the Bills put 26 on them, Chargers put 21 on them. Their balance of dominant D and just good enough O looks to be headed more out of balance than in balance. Denver's D is playing very good but they aren't shut down level in terms of PA.
And they don't have much time to fix it. Denver has KC, Philly and the Patriots coming up in the next three weeks (ouch!). Their D is good enough to win any of these games but given how out of balance they are, I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Denver looking at 3-6 going into the Thanksgiving week.

Sums up the Broncos well.
But if their O doesn't find a higher gear soon (they haven't hit 17 points in a month), HFA isn't going to be much of a concern. In the last month the Giants put 23 on them, the Bills put 26 on them, Chargers put 21 on them. Their balance of dominant D and just good enough O looks to be headed more out of balance than in balance. Denver's D is playing very good but they aren't shut down level in terms of PA.
And they don't have much time to fix it. Denver has KC, Philly and the Patriots coming up in the next three weeks (ouch!). Their D is good enough to win any of these games but given how out of balance they are, I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Denver looking at 3-6 going into the Thanksgiving week.
I'm sorry. I should've clarified. I meant that they always have the capacity to pull of a win at Mile High on any given Sunday, hence what I meant by the "HFA" comment. Like you said, they likely will struggle to even make the postseason, and that's fine with me because I don't ever truly feel confident going there.

Never the less those teams DID win. No?

Those were all time great defenses/offenses. The Dever defense is still very good, but not at an all time great level. Same with Seattle. And again, that is an extreme exception. Three teams in nearly 20 years. All of them one and done.

One of the announcers mentioned near the end of the game that the game that Denver's defense has not had a fumble recovery all year. They can't win against good teams if their defense is not scoring.

I'm sorry. I should've clarified. I meant that they always have the capacity to pull of a win at Mile High on any given Sunday, hence what I meant by the "HFA" comment. Like you said, they likely will struggle to even make the postseason, and that's fine with me because I don't ever truly feel confident going there.

When I see HFA I make the assumption playoffs. My bad.
There's good reason to fear playing in Mile High. Most recent chunk of history is not on our side.

But right now their offense is more of an issue than I realized. They are hovering in the lower third in most passing categories. Basically the Broncos win when they run with success -- otherwise they lose. Rushing totals in losses: 46, 64, 110. In wins: 160, 145, 140. Make these guys pass and the offense sputters.

Philly's Rush D is tops in the league and the Patriots Rush D has been very good the last 3. While KC isn't defending the run as well I'd still bet KC with the game in KC.

Reading these stats I actually like our chances against Denver within several different scenarios. The scenario that I don't like is the one where our rush D lays an egg.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back