PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: NYJ fined $100,000 for Revis tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
silentrage.gif

FU Goodell. I can't wait until this hypocritical dbag is taken down.

One of the other details of that situation was that the Bears and 49ers had discussed a trade for Briggs. At least under that scenario, there a reason, even if it was against the tampering rules, for the 49ers to reach out to Briggs and his agent about a new contract. And Briggs ended up remaining in Chicago.

The Jets owner tampered with Revis while he was still playing for the Patriots and then ended up signing him. How does that not merit at least a comparable penalty?
Simple. Commish is still a Jet.

Sigh...

If true, there's no way to reconcile this decision with the Briggs fine. There's no explanation for the inconsistency other than bias.
The league is turning into a laughing stock. Goodell must go or league loses all credibility.

Outrageous, Goodell is scum.

Much worse than Briggs situation.

If anything this would encourage me to tamper with another teams player.
Really 100,000 to poach other teams players. I would be calling every player in a contract year from all the teams. 100000 to a nfl owner is a joke. But 1000000 and a loss of first round pick for a camera. Let's see this one cripples our defense and strengthens the Jets while weakening a divison rival.
100000 Goodell must go.
Now watch us lose picks and have a greater fine for a ball deflating. This is a sick joke.

If true, there's no way to reconcile this decision with the Briggs fine. There's no explanation for the inconsistency other than bias.
The league is turning into a laughing stock. Goodell must go or league loses all credibility.
Forget the Briggs situation, here is a situation that is even more similar to what the Jets did, and the Lions lost a seventh, and had to swap a 5th with the Chiefs "(Kansas City) keeps wanting to dump their players. I would like to be there to catch a lot of them because I know a couple of those guys."

Roger Goodell is the only man on Earth with less accountability and a worse track record than politicians and weathermen.

He's easily the worst active commissioner in pro sports right now. Selig doesn't even come remotely close anymore.

At this rate, Bob Kraft might only get a 20% off coupon for the NFL pro shop should the NFL find the colts guilty of setting up a sting

What about the Rats tampering charge against the Pats? Is there a resolution pending on that?

Based on what is being reported, the fine addresses both Woody's presser, the Jets filing tampering vs the Pats and the alleged tampering by the Jets in March. It. Is. Ovah.

With that said, I don't follow the logic that was used to determine why the Pats aren't entitled draft picks. Perhaps Goody and his cronies we of the opinion that because they are getting one anyway via a compensatory selection, another pick for the same player was unnecessary?

Very disappointing. I wanted picks. $100k is a great night in Vegas. Big deal.

Docking them cap space would have been just as painful as losing draft picks.

Honestly, this is worst than if they did nothing. They recognized there was a a problem and then gave out a mosquito bite punishment.

To dump salt on the wound, the Patriots receive nothing for this.

The league found that the Jets tampered with Revis, but the teams aren't swapping draft picks in any round and the $100k fine goes back to the league. The team that was harmed in this situation receives no remedy and the team that benefitted from breaking the rule pays a small price.

Can Kraft appeal for a bigger punishment? There's no explanation for this huge change in precedences. I mean Lions lost a 7th and swapped 5th for these comments in 2011.
“[Kansas City] keeps wanting to dump their players,” Cunningham said in February 2010. “I would like to be there to catch a lot of them, because I know a couple of those guys.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back